“5* pub :-) even better as there is no children running round :-D”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #12 of 113 Restaurants in Northwich
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Plough Inn has been under the Hughes family ownership since 1995. Offering a traditional English pub in the beautiful Cheshire countryside. Several walks are available from our website or from inside the pub.We’re proud to serve quality fresh food sourced from local producers & suppliers. We change our menu seasonally using the highest quality ingredients. An excellent wine list, quality cask ales and continental lagers compliment our fantastic menu and we’re pleased to offer a full range of Gluten free items.There’s a great team of people here to look after you we hope you enjoy your time with us.Dogs are allowed in the taproom.Children are allowed in the outside areas, 14 years and older are allowed inside the premises.
cheshire
“5* pub :-) even better as there is no children running round :-D”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This is my 4th time at the plough. Ive been a few times with family. I came saturday 31/8/13 for my fiances bday. He has never been before. He loved it! Yummy food. Big portions. Clean tables. Clean cutlery. Staff are a joy to speak to. Lovely atmosphere. Toilets sparkling clean with soap,boxes of tissues and hand towels. Beautiful flowers and hanging baskets outside. Cant not wait to return!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Service has gone down”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have visited this pub over many years and never had any cause for complaint. However today is the exception. The experienced staff seem to have gone and today there were three members of staff two of whom seemed to be competing to who could do the least work and leaving as much as they could get away with to a young , not very experienced girl. We were asked for our drinks choice as soon as we sat down - hardly had time to think about it. We were left with the menus for ages and waited just as long for the food. When it came it was as delicious as ever so no complaints there. After the main course we were left again for such a long time we had to request the dessert menu. They were produced quite quickly but then after another long wait we requested the bill TWICE! Mr Hughes, the owner, needs to keep his finger on this pulse of his two pub empire so that he doesn't lose custom. We will certainly give it another go in the hope that he reads this.

2 Thank joananyan
wirral uk
“Fantastic pub”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Have visited this delightful little pub on several occasions after recommendation from friends and we have never been disappointed.On approaching this venue down a little lane you see this chocolate box pub awaiting you and inside is as lovely as the outside and the welcome you get is wonderful.Joanne and her team are fantastic,nothing is too much trouble and no matter how busy they are they always make time to make you feel special.Joanne always seems to remember what you like to eat and drink and considering how busy this place is I think she is fantastic.The food is fabulous and an excellent menu - thanks to the chefs and all the kitchen staff.Thanks also to the cleaning staff who keep the place looking spotless and the gardeners for their hard work keeping the plants and grounds looking lovely.Congratulation to you all and a special Thankyou to Joanne.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ever”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

what a fantastic experience...on a very busy evening we were treated like the only people there, and so was every other person there!! A fantastic balance of welcome, food and service. An absolutely best ever experience...Thank you! (Am now hooked on passion fruit cider too).....

• Visited August 2013
“Upset with this unspecial meal”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I must have been to the Plough nearly 10 times now in my lifetime, it's a homely feeling favourite and I love the steak plate pie. However, I took my parents as a treat, we all left totally underwhelmed and me feeling ripped off with the slightly better than I could make quality of the haddock and the T-bone, drowning in juice from mushrooms. What's with the 'garden peas' coming from a can these days? All the veg looked like I was viewing it from a de-saturated TV set.
I'm so upset that I've had a bad experience, I really want them to up there game, it's not all about having ridiculous garnishes, small portions and ridiculous 'Parmesan air' things on the menu like you get in so many 'pubs' these days, but I do like fresh ingredients, placed on a plate with some thought and care, cooked with some real skill.

2 Thank Cakeywakey123