“Consistently brilliant”

Residence Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Residence Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 106 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: European, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In a 17th-century Georgian mansion house, Residence Restaurant & Bar offers international cuisine, a sophisticated cocktail bar and an al fresco garden terrace, across 2 elegantly designed floors. Beautiful and sumptuous, the interior at Residence Nantwich has intimate tables, chandeliers and chic furnishings. Residence is a popular Cheshire restaurant serving steaks, grills and local produce. Innovative and creative, The Residence menu features seasonal dishes. Residence has an international wine list and the dessert menu features treats like Chocolate Orange Torte or Trio of Desserts to share. In the centre of Nantwich, Residence Restaurant is housed in a charming Regency building, and is open 7 days a week.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Consistently brilliant”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Residence for food on a number of occasions and find that the table service and food is always excellent. The staff are very attentive, the food is great and the place is spotlessly clean.
Market menu is really good value. Well worth a visit.

Crewe, United Kingdom
“Expected better”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

As a couple we often visit The Residence for a couple of drinks and decided it would be an excellent place to celebrate our daughter's graduation.
The restaurant was about half full, quite good for a Tuesday evening but the service was not what I expected. We waited a long time for our order to be taken, the waitress was very helpful explaining which items of the menu were gluten free. The first course was served promptly but we waited a long time for the plates to be cleared (I don't mind waiting for the main course but I do not like looking at empty plates) and then the main course arrived. The food was nice, not outstanding, I did expect better. Again we waited too long for the plates to be cleared.
The menu was offered for sweets and several of our party chose one, and my husband an americno. We waited a long time for the sweets to arrive, which were very nice. My husband returned his coffee twice before giving up!
Overall I expected better especially for the price.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Amanda M
Cheshire
“Popped in for coffee!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for coffee after trying lunch in town. It was quiet on a Monday but got the usual warm welcome. Watched wimbledon that was on and the bartender brought a flavoured water of the day, pineapple and mint. It was on display on the bar which we thought was a good touch! Be back again.

Crewe, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shame about the staff”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Lovely place , great food, shame the waiting on staff are not up to scratch. Tatoo"s, facial piercings and thick eye make up are not a good look, the south african girl needs to tone it down. Would recommend this place to eat and drink just staff standards need to improve. Other than that you cannot fault it.

1 Thank knowsthetruth43
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Something very special”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

As a massive 'foodie' I have visited restaurants and bars all over the World from New York to Singapore, London to San Francisco and I only feel compelled to write a review when something is really good or really bad. Residence is something very special and I love it!
Residence is truly at the heart of the community, over the years we have experienced a free Champagne tasting course as part of the Nantwich food festival, a day at the races, great New Years eve parties, tribute bands and quiet drinks on the Patio sipping exceptional cocktails whilst watching the sunset (with complimentary canapes).

The customer service is excellent - every single staff member is knowledgeable, friendly, accommodating and attentive. Joseph is a cut above as he manages to do all of this whilst managing a busy bar, restaurant and team.

I bring everyone I know here when they visit Nantwich and they instantly fall in love with it too. I think the prices are comparable to other restaurants and bars in Nantwich although I would happily pay that little bit extra for the ambiance, service and food.

Residence is to Nantwich what the Empire State building is to New York.