“As good as ever”

Residence Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Residence Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 106 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: European, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In a 17th-century Georgian mansion house, Residence Restaurant & Bar offers international cuisine, a sophisticated cocktail bar and an al fresco garden terrace, across 2 elegantly designed floors. Beautiful and sumptuous, the interior at Residence Nantwich has intimate tables, chandeliers and chic furnishings. Residence is a popular Cheshire restaurant serving steaks, grills and local produce. Innovative and creative, The Residence menu features seasonal dishes. Residence has an international wine list and the dessert menu features treats like Chocolate Orange Torte or Trio of Desserts to share. In the centre of Nantwich, Residence Restaurant is housed in a charming Regency building, and is open 7 days a week.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“As good as ever”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We are so fortunate to have such a good restaurant just round the corner. The Market Menu offers excellent variety and some intriguing choices, changing every week to keep us going back!

1 Thank JRW29

“Board and platter”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We came and used our travelzoo voucher on Wednesday night. The table pre-laid in the bar. We where greeted and given a choice of tables. We then ordered our platter along with a risotto and the fishcakes and a charcuterie platter. I had a look on the website before arriving and had a good idea of what cocktails I was going to have. My husband was told about the beer range and the manager mentioned about the estrella his personal favourite. My husband then had around 4 to many for a Wednesday night! All the food and drinks arrived in a timely fashion and we didn't have to leave the table in the bar since we say down with full table service.
As always great food and great service as always!!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Trying to aspire and not quite hitting the mark”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my first visit and my last. We eat out a lot. And my husband and I found this place on the Internet, liked the website and came. It's not as plush as on the website. It's looking shabby and tired. My food was dire. My whitebait was soggy not crispy and tasted of nothing but hot cayenne pepper. My main was king prawn and crayfish linguini. This was tasteless. The sauce was just cream and too rich. No seasoning. The salt cellar on the table empty. I was so annoyed by now I couldn't be bothered to ask for another one. I ordered my coffee and asked for a small latte in a cup as I hate them in glasses. It came in a glass. And i was then told, ' I asked for it in a cup but the bartender put it in a glass, is that ok?' No it bloody isn't, was what I wanted to say. I was polite and said no. She took it away retuning with it in a cup. Clearly they'd just poured it into the cup and was now only just warm. Needless to say I left it.
These places really need to get a grip. Charging high prices one expects high standards. Not this sort of thing. I won't come back or recommend.

Cheshire
“Pleasant enough”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pleasant room. First visit. Was expecting more on the food front but no more than average but definitely over priced.

Ludlow, United Kingdom
“A VERITABLE GEM.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Called for chance lunch. Served by Liz, bright cheerful and helpful. Excellent rissotto not cheap but worth every penny. Clean quirky decor and surroundings. Would not hesitate to return or recommend. Reasonable wine list