All reviews the pub welsh row wet room restaurant upstairs saturday night great room stayed here for one night full english yogurt weekend wallpaper mews dj ales fri beams character
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Booked the room last minute for an overnight stay. The only room available was the superior with a double bed for which I paid £110.

Staff were friendly on arrival. Security of the room was worrying as the main door was left open for anyone to walk in.

The room itself was clean and fine for the night, however it is ‘tired’ looking with paint peeling off the walls and chips on the bedside tables.

As I arrived late from walk, I was looking forward to relaxing my room. I called down to reception where I was told they don’t offer room service. I can maybe understand this if it were a weekend but I wouldn’t have thought a Monday night would be so busy.

I was extremely disappointed to discover that my ‘large double bed’ was 2 singles pushed together.

The room was clean and location good but it is definitely not worth £110 (or £55 per bed!). I won’t be returning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank lucyec1991
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Really wasn’t sure what to order as it all seemed fairly standard pub food on the menu but we were wrong . Probably the best pie I have eaten, presentation was fabulous . Great setting in the courtyard . Will be back soon.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Darwin4416
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

We really like The Cat, it is such a beautiful building, quirky yet modern at the same time.

We visited on Sunday 15th July late afternoon. We walked in the side door to the TV blasting out and no one either behind or in the bar. You really could not have stayed and had a conversation, so we didn’t and left straight away.

A shame, maybe a one off?

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank CheshireDancingqueen
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

This accommodation is in a great location, just 5 mins from the town & walkable to the rail station. Welsh Row has a small row of shops either side of the road but is mostly residential. Among the shops are several restaurants if you want to stray from the Cheshire Cat to eat.
We stayed for 2 nights Fri & Sat & were nervous after reading the reviews on the weekend noise level but we had a great room, number 6, that was quiet at the rear of the property.
Good room facilities, comfy bed & tea & coffee making even providing a jug of fresh milk.
Menu for both breakfast & dinner was varied with a good choice. The scrambled with salmon was excellent. They have a outside patio area with booths, tables & chairs with a big screen for sports fans. The staff overall were helpful & happy.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018

Sorry for the late review! Stayed for NYE and were lucky enough to get one of the apartments across the road. Brilliant size, looked new and had living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. We ate and drank in the pub and had a brilliant time. We had the breakfast the next morning which was brilliant. The staff couldn't do enough and were genuinely interested in hearing about our stay. Will definitely be back

Date of stay: December 2017