Review Highlights
Great Sunday Roast

Visited on a Sunday for a traditional roast dinner. Great quality beef, awesome Yorkshire Pud and... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2018
Sazzle35
Nantwich, United Kingdom
via mobile
Classy pub grub

Reviewed May 6, 2018
Extraordinary695195
via mobile

All reviews nice atmosphere great sunday roast evening meal beef pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I went we thought it was a really good atmosphere to have a good catch up. One had the chicken which was stunning. One had the salmon with noodles very tasty. Two of us shared the mini burger platter and nachos it was delicious would definitely go again.

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Decent home cooked food, a good meal given there were 10 of us and all ordered different mains. Sensibly asked for preorders and got food out together. OK service, would be nice to offer sauces etc. Just missed those little touches that make the experience excellent.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

Went for lunch last Sunday and was disappointed versus previous visits. Special of Burger with Mac and Cheese very bland and only warm. Roast Pork and crackling was only a small portion versus the usual servings and with no Crackling. I am wondering if there have been some changes as this had been our favourite haunt the past few years. A shame.

1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I went here with 3 friends and ordered 3 bar snacks of fish and mushy peas and 1 fish chips and mushy peas off the main menu.
We were so disappointed with the meals !!!! All the bar snacks of fish strips and mushy peas had to be sent back and 're cooked. The fish strips came as one big mush instead of fish strips and mushy peas cold... it was just ok When it was recooked and brought back.
My friend who had a main meal of fish chips and mushy peas could not eat her meal .... you could see and smell that the fish had been cooked in dirty fat....also the chips you could tell they had been reheated and a few others added because the 're cooked chips looked burnt with a handful of much lighter coloured chips...
the meal was sent back and a refund given because my friend didn't want a another meal cooked in smelly dirty cooking oil.
Sorry to say we will NOT be going again!!!!! This one dreadful experience has outweighed previous meals which were ok..

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Went out with work collegues for a meal . 12 of us all different meals came out nearly all together ace service and didnt matter to staff that we were paying seperately make us really feel at home nice family atomsphere

Date of experience: December 2017