So this is (i think) the 4th Xmas I have been to Alvaston for the Package from the 23rd to the 27th with my brother and dad.... And what a difference a year has made!
I'm adding this review as no one has yet done a review of the new Restaurant/Cabaret - and its fab! Why more hotels in this country don't follow this concept I don't know... The layout is now far better than in the old one, and is plush, spacious and has a great view from all angles and levels. The funniest bit in here was when my brother ended up on stage as Martin Daniels magicians assistant on Xmas Day - he is mortified, despite it been really funny!
The staff as ever were fab, helpful and many worked right through from early morning till after dinner. The brand new lounge is equally gorgeous - it just felt strange sitting in what last year was where the squirrels stole all the bird- feeder nuts! Both the restaurant and lounge are brilliant additions that modernise the hotel - and the new bedroom block looks like it will be gorgeous too.
Only reason for not giving 5 stars was that this time I had the smallest single room I have ever stayed in (difficult to put anything down or store a suitcase etc as no room to do so, and not helped by having to place a portable heater in there as it was chilly despite radiator been on) and that for the most part of Xmas Eve and Xmas Day there was no wifi at all - and lots of people do rely on this for contacting others over xmas, rightly or wrongly, as well as general surfing and entertainment, game playing etc. All was better by Boxing day with it i think (by then I had gone out shopping for the day anyway!)..
We already have booked again for same package next year (so that says it all anyway) - think next year will be far busier though with the addition of the new 100+ rooms.... its now a far better hotel than it ever was before! And I think they will attract lots of new 'regulars' in the next couple of years!
Thanks to everyone who looked after us! See you on 23 December 2014!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience this superb 19th-century half timbered house with a range of facilities including a 9-hole golf course, fitness studio and indoor pool. Relax in our stunning contemporary Signature rooms, top of the range Royale rooms or the Courtyard outdoors room accommodation. Enjoy the evening entertainment whilst you dine in our splendid cabaret diner, The Grove Ballroom. Nearly everything comes complementary to your room, so make the most of our facilities and the service offered by our friendly team. Location: Alvaston Hall is located 40 minutes south-east of Chester, and 30 minutes west of Stoke-on-Trent. Set in the pretty Cheshire countryside, it's ideally located near Manchester and Liverpool too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Alvaston Hall Nantwich
- Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire