“Disappointing”

Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Warners in general are brilliant and I do understand that with an old building there are restrictions but....
We were not keen on sitting in our dining seats to watch the entertainment. Awkward as you have to sit sideways to watch. Also uncomfortable to remain in the same seats. Don't know quite how this could be overcome as the resort is not big enough to accommodate a separate entertainment room.
I'm sure most of the other rooms were ok but we were in the courtyard rooms. Cramped and smelly. Would not stay here again even though we are fans of warners.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the courtyard rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Warners have nearly perfected the short break experience for a well defined market. Plenty of good food for many tastes, excellent and friendly service, well equipped rooms, several bars, and entertainment to appeal to a variety of audiences. Our only minor complaint was that all the grown ups (no children allowed) were well grown up and of a similar age to ourselves! However, the experience will not appeal to the less gregarious and more individualistic of tastes; but you can't please all the people all of the time - I'm sure Warners please many people most of the time. We'll probably be going back to another Warners; at some point in time.

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for a Signature Room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We hadn't been to Alvaston for over 10 years but wondered why we had waited so long to come back. It was the best stay there ever for the following reasons: Ricky and Kate on the entertainment team were funnier than some comedians on TV. Ricky managed approx. 40 people in the Indoor Bowls tournament and it was worth the wait just to hear his patter. He deserves his own TV show! The food was exceptional in choice, presentation and taste and our room in The Limes was extremely comfortable. The only downside was sitting right at the back in the Cabaret/Restaurant area - older eyes needed binoculars to see the stage! It will be interesting to see how the planned improvements to the restaurant turn out we were there before the present extension! Congratulations to all staff, who achieve impressive service with such a large clientele.

Room Tip: The Limes building has modern rooms, try and overlook the golf course, otherwise you will hear deliv...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in January 2013. My room was a small single room no. 3 in the main building. It was lovely. Very clean and warm. I had a lovely view of the snowy fields outside. The food was great and they catered very well for two of my friends, one is gluten free and the other is a diabetic. The staff were brilliant and could not do enough for you. We enjoyed the entertainment. Altogether a wonderful break.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fay R
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have just come back from a three-night stay at Alvaston Hall. Although it is the first time here, I have been on a Warners break before.

The hotel is lovely and homely and elegant. It has plenty of character and ambience about the place.

I stayed in a single room in the main house, which wasnt huge, was cosy for just myself. There was, however, plenty of storage space.

The bedroom itself was clean and light, and well decorated, but was rather hot, even with the radiator turned down. I slept with the window open, but still quite warm.

The bathroom left a bit to be desired. It was very tired looking and in need of a re-fit. The shower wasnt as clean as it could be. Bedroom and public areas spotless though.

The hotel was absolutely packed out, but staff coped incredibly well and really ought to be regocnised for the hard work they put in. I did encounter a one miserable looking staff in housekeeping. Thought she may be having an "off day", but when she looked still as unhappy the following day, I thought, maybe she was like that all the time.

Meals were superb. Service in the restaurant from bar staff, and waiting-on staff - fantastic! This was the part I most looked forward to, and wasnt disappointed. Menus were well varied and imaginative. The carvery - delicious! Well done to the chef!

We went for the Buddy Holly tribute, and although im only in my late twenties (and probably one of only a few of the young guests by about 30 years!) it was the best fun! Band was great, everyone got up to dance, and a good time was had by all into the early hours...I thought maybe the disco might keep me awake, but not to worry - it must be very well sound proofed because I didnt hear a peep of the loud music any of the nights I was there.

What I did hear though was loud banging noises one morning at around 7:30am...and on a Sunday!!! What a rude awakening!

The highlight of the stay was the great fun the entertainment team provided, from the disco to quizzes, they are extremely talented, and this was shown in the show they put on on the last evening. Natalies quiz, especially was hilarious! She is naturally very funny and had the whole room laughing! The dancing and singing were spectacular. They must work all hours god sends (because they always seem to be there!), but the practise and hardwork they must have put into their show, I dont know where they get the energy from.

Thanks to all at Alvaston Hall for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank annahughes
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was at Alvaston Hall last week and had a great time. However, it is worth noting that major building work to extend the Hotel is apparently planned for Spring although no one seemed certain. The bedroom and dining capacity is be almost doubled and the grounds extensively re-landscaped. The plans also include the removal of one of the holes of what was once a small but superb 9 hole golf course. There do not appear to be any plans to enlarge or improve the rather tired leisure facilities. If your thinking of booking over this period it may be worth checking what the likely impact of this work will be if it is to be going ahead during your stay. No doubt, Warners will advise you about this work when you book.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just had another fantastic weekend on a motown warners break. We have been coming on these breaks for many years, and are never dissapointed. Great food, fantastic entertainment, comfy rooms. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and we have made some really great friends its always a pleasure meeting up with them. I would recommend these hotels we have stayed at four different ones now and enjoyed them all

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!