We decided to join my wife's parents who were staying at the hotel for the weekend during which there was a 'Glen Miller tribute orchestra' appearing. We stayed for just one night and it was a pleasant stay. Despite other reviews, we found the staff all very pleasant and very patient with their elderly clientele. There are areas of the hotel that need some attention - some carpets are in need of cleaning/replacement but generally it's a nice place with character. We were upgraded to a signature room which was quiet, well equipped (flat screen TV/DVD Player/fridge/king size bed) and we were very happy with it. The evening's entertainment was good although the restaurant is very big - more like a large entertainment venue with 'functional' tables/chairs than a nice restaurant - but it's ok! The food is quite nice and well presented and our waitress (Sophie) was lovely!
Drinks are quite expensive - £9 (yes, £9!) for a large glass of wine (sauvignon blanc) and £3.70 for a pint of bitter (the tap says it's Marston's pedigree but it sure didn't taste like pedigree to me and I know my beer!).
It's worth pointing out that Warners Hotels cater for elderly people, we are in our early 50's and felt incresibly young here - I would estimate the average age of the guests was 75 or so (although the Glenn Miller act may have attracted an older than normal clientele), this did have its advantages - the swimming pool/jacuzzi/steam room etc were all empty!
Overall, it's a reasonable 3-star hotel in a nice area (worth visiting Chester) and I would visit again depending on the entertainment and if I could get a good deal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience this superb 19th-century half timbered house with a range of facilities including a 9-hole golf course, fitness studio and indoor pool. Relax in our stunning contemporary Signature rooms, top of the range Royale rooms or the Courtyard outdoors room accommodation. Enjoy the evening entertainment whilst you dine in our splendid cabaret diner, The Grove Ballroom. Nearly everything comes complementary to your room, so make the most of our facilities and the service offered by our friendly team. Location: Alvaston Hall is located 40 minutes south-east of Chester, and 30 minutes west of Stoke-on-Trent. Set in the pretty Cheshire countryside, it's ideally located near Manchester and Liverpool too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Alvaston Hall Nantwich
- Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire