“Pay it a visit”

Pillory House Coffee Shop
Ranked #26 of 107 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Established in 1992, Pillory House Coffee Shop has been in the same family since that time. Sarah & Ben took ownership of Pillory House in 2005 from Ben's Aunt and Uncle Julie & Ed. Continuing on Julies success of the Coffee Shop, Sarah has maintained standards to a high level delivering our long established reputation as one of the first Coffee Shops in Nantwich still being one of the best to this day. We opened our second Coffee Shop in Nantwich's busy Princes Court Business Park in August 2012, here we provide a comfortable atmosphere to relax with refreshments during office breaks.
“Pay it a visit”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Everything you could want from a local cafe. Have visited numerous times and never been disappointed. Good food, clean looking surroundings, and speed. But more importantly, extremely friendly service especially from Sarah the manager. Definitely worth a visit

Visited September 2013

“Outstanding on all levels.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Good food ,great service , Sarah made us feel very welcome she went out of her way to meet our requests . If you visit the lovely market town of Nantwich be sure to stop by pillory house , on pillory street , if its for a coffee or a meal you won't be disappointed ,and as the florist is in the front of the shop it always smells wonderful .

• Visited September 2013
Crewe, England, United Kingdom
“The food is fabulous & portions are plentiful”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Yesterday I discovered that The Pillory was here on Trip Advisor and had to come and tell you my personal experiences.

We (My husband and I) have been dining at The Pillory Cafe for over 3yrs now, on average 3 times a month. We were made to feel so welcome on our first visit and feel as if we have become part of the family since. Sarah makes you feel like nothing is too much trouble, even my awkward bugger* of a husband is catered to with a laugh and a smile.
*He is a tease and loves to ask for things not on the menu and has never been refused any of his bizarre requests*

The food choices are extensive and the portion sizes are generous. The prices are very fair for the quality and portion sizes. If we cannot finish our meals, dessert is boxed up so that we can take it home for later.

Real Hot chocolate made form locally produced chocolate, which is also sold in the shop.
Home made quiches, cakes, pies and puddings.
Oh and I've never seen such a selection of milkshakes as they have, including ones made from well known chocolate bars, such as chocolate orange, mars and kitkat ! Its very Child Friendly and caters to all tummy sizes and fussy feeders (as we have proved when taking the grandchildren)

I have taken family and friends to The Pillory and all have had an enjoyable meal and I was spoilt on my birthday xx

Northwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service. Excellent meal”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time today. As a drink I wanted a Lime milk shake, but they didn't have any in stock. The owners were upset to see my disappointment & are going to extraordinary lengths to try & get some more stock in. They were so friendly & helpful I was taken aback. I had home made pie & salad for lunch & I have to say it was beautiful. I followed that with Victoria sponge cake which was also extremely nice. The food was inexpensive & before I left the restaurant I went to speak to the owners to tell them how much I had enjoyed the experience.

1 Thank Brian C C
Stafford, United Kingdom
“A Magnificent Meal”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was difficult to choose a meal from the selection as they all looked so inviting. I decided on a baked potatoe with beans and salad, my wife had a quiche and salad and a pot of tea for two to go with it. The portions were very generous and the food was well presented and absolutely scrumptious. The staff were happy, courteous, and helpful. The establishment was clean and tidy and comfortable. I wanted some cake but was too full to eat it so it was carefully packed into a take away container so I could eat it at home. The cost of the meals plus cake was very reasonable. We will return again as we visit Nantwich two or three times a year and I would recommend Pillory House as a very good place to visit.

1 Thank Erik D