“Delicious Food”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We popped in here Monday night after reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor - we were not disappointed! Amazing value set meal £7.95 per person - A bottle of house wine £8.95. Service with a smile and excellent food - looking forward to trying it again!

There are newer reviews for Basmati

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Worth the extra few yards from the town centre for excellent service, good value, and JALDAR! Better than the jalsa in Newcastle

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Always been a fan if this restaurant in Nantwich. Feel as though I have to say so, right? Excellent food often tailored to how you like. Nice with windows out to train platform so you can watch the world rush by. Top place, top marks.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the fourth time I have been to the Basmati, each time we went with my daughter and son in law.

Once again we were greeted like old friends and made very welcome

We enjoyed an excellent curry washed down in my case with a Tiger beer.

The service was First Class, the décor,recently refurbished, was very pleasant

The only surprise was the bill, much LESS than I expected.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I came here for our 8th anniversary. We were sat down by a waiter who was very polite and well-mannered. After that we were given our menus and we found that there was a great offer going on at this restaurant. A 5 course meal for only £8.95, which I thought was extremely good. We were given our poppadoms and a special red sauce which we tried and found to be really nice, neither me or my wife had ever seen it before in Nantwich or any other restaurant. While our mains (Chicken Sagawala and Chicken Vindaloo) were being made, a younger waiter kept us company and told us a few jokes which I have to admit were pretty good and I will be using them at social gatherings. Our mains arrived and I was amazed at how well they were made. My vindaloo was just how I wanted it and my wife's sagawala was amazing, according to her. All in all, it was a romantic night and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Basmati could possibly become one of our favourite restaurants, not only for the service but also for the food.