“Lovely Lunch”

Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Nantwich
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch here over Easter and have eaten here many times before! The food is nice and fresh and there’s a lot of choice whether wanting a small snack or a big meal. Big area outside to sit in when the weathers nice and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Three of us were out on a house-hunting expedition in Nantwich. By lunchtime we had failed. There had been a few skipping from road to road, but none would come in our sights. I was hoping to add to my trophy cabinet with a door knocker or two.

As a result, we decided to retire to somewhere to eat. The Leopard was recommended to us, so we headed off to give it a try. We weren't disappointed.

I ordered the steak stroganoff, whilst my companions ordered a burger and a beef cheek cottage pie.

The pub itself is nicely appointed and the tables are reasonably spaced, so you don't feel that there is no privacy. Unfortunately, due to the solid floor, it is quite noisy.

When the food arrived it looked and smelt delicious and we tucked in. I have to admit to being put off by the way that the burger and the pie are both served up on wooden boards. I know that is a fashion, but having spent the last few years eating off everything from shovels to pieces of slate, it would be great to just eat off a plate. I never thought that a plate would become a novelty item. To be honest, I chose the stroganoff to see how they would manage to serve that up on a board, but thankfully they served it up in a dish.

Finally, the staff were good but unfortunately they failed to keep control of the more boisterous people in the pub, who blocked the gangways with chairs and made the trip to the facilities more arduous that was necessary.

Positives: Good food and ale, good environment.
Negatives: farty presentation, lack of order, a bit noisy.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable tea, food was fresh and hot and very tasty reasonably priced....
Not too busy but enough to give the place a very pleasant atmosphere

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Standard pub atmosphere, clean and tidy and the food is good!
Great choice and well cooked and presented!

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

I come here regularly and the food is 10/10 every time. Especially the Sunday dinners - by far the best one I have ever had. Big portions and all home made. Very friendly staff and accommodating and welcoming. Well deserves its ‘best pub with food’ award for the last 2 years.
There is also a bar area which is good whether you are planning to make a night of it or just pop in for a quick drink. Great atmosphere whatever the occasion.