Tripadvisor

Ranked #30 of 127 Restaurants in Nantwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed here several times but it is now expensive. There is no longer a buffet addition to breakfast and the shower room has no heating and was a tad chilly. When our room was cleaned no cups or tea and coffee was left so we had to go and ask. The room was clean and a good size but to be honest no better than a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn for half the price.wouldn't book this again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (516)

Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

We recently visited for our Christmas party, we were quickly shown to our table which was all set lovely, the starters came and we had to send the mushrooms back as they were stone cold and we weren’t the only table sending them back. We did finally get our starter when everyone else had finished, then the mains come well I like my sprouts with a little bite but I think they saw the water an ran off also you had to hold the roast potatoes down other wise they would have shot off the plate very hard on the outside. In all we won’t be booking next year.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

The food is excellent, i often come with friends or family! The bar is also good, slightly expensive for what you get especially when you’re rushed to order by the odd grumpy bar tender! Although, the beautiful building and atmosphere is definitely worth making this place a visit.

Reviewed November 26, 2019 via mobile

Stayed in the stunning Octagon Room at this little gem of a hotel in the market town of Nantwich with my wife on November 25th. We had stayed here for our wedding night in March and our visit this time was to celebrate my wife’s birthday which is later this week. The Octagon Room is a fantastic room and a must for any couples celebrating a special occasion or looking for a romantic break. Photos of the room are attached with this review. We took a Dinner, B&B package at a very favourable rate. The dinner was fantastic. My wife had salt and pepper chicken to start and I opted for the French Onion soup. Both were very tasty and well presented. For our mains I went for the Chicken Ballotine with a Marsala Wine Sauce , which was once again well presented, hot and freshly prepared and tasted really nice. My wife opted for a Crispy Cauliflower Katsu Curry, which looked and tasted amazing and is one that I’d gladly have on any future visit. For desert we both had the Winter Berry Pavlova, which was light, well presented and an delicious way to complete an excellent meal by any standards. The chef, Karl is a man clearly on top of his game because all three courses were well presented, tasty, fresh and hot (starter and main) and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Service by a young lady called Charlotte was polite, professional and attentive without being obtrusive. Breakfast the morning after was also tasty and plentiful and the service from Joe was spot on. As a place to stay or dine out, I have no qualms whatsoever in recommending The Cheshire Cat. We will certainly return again in future.

Reviewed November 21, 2019 via mobile

Lovely food - Beef Pie was amazing, superb waitress named Grace. Nothing was too much trouble for her, friendly and helpful, looked after us very well. Beautiful place, definitely recommend here