“Perfect catch up lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cheshire Cat

The Cheshire Cat
Ranked #19 of 106 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Perfect catch up lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited the Cheshire Cat as a midway location to meet, catch up and eat lunch.

The food was really nice and came extremely quickly. I ordered a steak sandwich and my friend had a hoisin duck wrap. They both came with coleslaw and crisps. We shared a chips on the side. Really yummy and reasonably good value.

Service was polite and friendly though there was a minor issue on the till but it wasn't a problem.

The Cheshire Cat is a really nice place with a great, varied menu. We enjoyed our visit, thank-you!

• Visited June 2014
TheCatAtNantwich, Director at The Cheshire Cat, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thanks Janine. We are very well placed for meeting up with friends and colleagues, but thanks for choosing our venue. Now that you've found us we hope to see you many more times.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

14 of us went for a meal Thursday evening, and the place was buzzing! Wonderful atmosphere and very well presented and tasting food. Service a little slow but overall a very enjoyable evening especially as there was a group of us and sometimes this can prove to be more taxing!

1 Thank Mmmwhatsnext
Great review thank you. Thursdays get very busy with our live music in the bar area adding to the atmosphere. Perfect for group gatherings such as yours! Thank you.
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had luinch at The Cat for the second time in a week and both times had a great experience. The food on the new menu is fresh and I had a hard time choosing, so much that I relied on the recommendation of my waitress, and it was worth listening to.

The service was spot on, the atmosphere just right and both times I gladly passed my compliments to the chef.

My daughter, grandson & I were greeted with pleasant smiles from our waitress Kirsten who ensured that between herself and Beth that we had the best experience possible.

If you haven't stopped by already, make sure you do.

I'll be back...

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dave3104
Thanks Dave - two times in a week is good going, although we have known visitors to Nantwich to come back every day! Very pleased to see you enjoyed our food and service, thank you for reviewing.
Mission Viejo, California
“Lovely Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went here with a group of approx. 20 people while we were on a business/pleasure trip. The food was delicious and I love the old world atmosphere. I would return on future visits for sure!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Breebarb1
Great review, thank you very much. I hope your business meeting went well, please let us know if you would like us to make arrangements for any future visits.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food served well.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Wednesday 14:00 - We dropped into The Cheshire Cat on the spur of the moment after a visit to Dagfields Crafts & Antiques centre. We were seated on the ground floor on a table for two (the upstairs seating area is closed in the daytime during the week).

We ordered the large Proper Fish & Chips (£11.50) and the Chicken, Mushroom & Ham pie (£10.95). Both came with some of the best real home-made chips we’ve ever tasted (apart from our own chips, that is). My wife assures me that her fish was delicious and that the batter was light and crispy. The Tartar sauce is home-made and chunky – delightful. My Chicken, Mushroom & Ham pie was encased in thin and crispy short crust pastry and was served on a bed of creamy Leeks with Pancetta and garden peas. Chock full of chicken and delcious.

Our meals were brought to us piping hot within 15 minutes of ordering by an efficient and friendly waitress along with a condiment box stocked with Sarsons vinegar, a convoluted pepper/salt grinder and, rather anachronistically, a full squirty bottle of Helmans Mayonnaise and Heinz tomato ketchup; a bit rustic but customers presumably like this feature (I really wish restaurants and gastro pubs would bin the confusing pepper/salt combination grinders in favour of more clearly defined separate shakers. I’m never sure which way to turn the grinder and am as likely to end up with pepper and vinegar on my chips as I am salt).

In summary: the Cheshire Cat was a pleasing surprise, the food was very well prepared and the dining area comfortable and clean. We will be returning for another visit soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank James K
TheCatAtNantwich, Director at The Cheshire Cat, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you James. It's great to receive such a glowing review from such a seasoned traveller - praise indeed! We hope to see you again when you're next in the area.