“Amazing Sunday Roast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Amazing Sunday Roast”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been going to 'The Cat' for millions of years but never had a Sunday Roast until last weekend. I will certainly be going again! It was fantastic in every way. Great service, great value for money, great choice, great food, great atmosphere...
The Special Sunday menu is £9.95 for two courses so I went for starter and main. The chicken goujons were enough without spoiling my main. I opted for beef which came with Yorkshire and roast potatoes and a dish of veg on the side. The meat was beautifully cooked and presented, the veg were perfect, not mushy!
Overall it was a great Sunday roast, that I can highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013
TheCatAtNantwich, Director at The Cheshire Cat, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thanks, Chris, for your review. It means even more to us when very regular customers of ours find time to post their feedback - and of course it's all the better to see you have such a high opinion of us! Our Sunday Roasts are becoming renowned for their value for money, whilst not compromising the quality. So hopefully now that you've tried them we'll see you back for many more!

Crewe, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went here with my girlfriend last Sunday as we were passing through town and fancied a little something to eat. My expectations weren't to great but as long as the food was ok I wasn't going to be at all bothered. How wrong was I - the food was tremendous. Staff were welcoming and very friendly. And the food was delicious. I had the mixed grill and it was sensational. It was extremely delicious and very well presented. We had 2 courses each and 1 round of drinks which totalled £40. Very impressed. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013
TheCatAtNantwich, Director at The Cheshire Cat, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We're so pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves when visiting us on Sunday. Thank you for taking the time to review - we hope to see you again when you're next in Nantwich.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Great food, one of my favourite places”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I think one o fthe best things about living in Nantwich is Sunday dinner at the Cat! its a great deal - the food is always excellent - we always sit upstairs - its a lovely environment - great service. Love it. We go regularly, i have taken family when they have been visiting and all have liked it. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2013
What a fantastic review! Thank you for posting your opinions, we're very happy to see you like living in Nantwich so much and we're part of the reason for that! Our Sunday lunches are very well received and it's lovely to see you enjoy dining in our beautiful restaurant so much. Here's to many more successful visits.
“Definitely returning”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Came here for a meal as I didn't fancy cooking And how happy I was to make that choice!! We entered the restaurant and were welcomed by very friendly staff. The restaurant was very cosy and quirky. Our food was served with no delay and it was delicious!! I had the sea bass which was amazing and my partner had the burger which he also said was amazing. We enjoyed it that much we have booked for my partners birthday!!

Excellent food, friendly Staff, great atmousphere... Perfect!

Thank you for your review, it's good to see you enjoyed your meal with us and will be coming to dine with us again. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
“Bad meal!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here for Sunday lunch with 2 friends. Been here a few times & normally very good. Was very disappointed this time. Chicken wing starter was very tasteless & the main course wasn't too good. Vegetables were hard & very basic for a restaurant to serve. Would of also expected more than 1 piece of beef on my plate. Don't think I will be going again

Hi Kirsty. I'm really sorry to see you didn't enjoy your visit to us on this occassion. I know that you visit us very regularly and always enjoy your meals so it's a real shame that on this one occassion we didn't meet expectations. On the day in question we used a slightly different selection of vegetables but we have now reverted to the original vegetables so hopefully if you do visit us again you will not be disappointed. We hope we get this opportunity.