“Fabulous food as always”
Review of The Cheshire Cat

The Cheshire Cat
Ranked #20 of 107 Restaurants in Nantwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food as always”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

this is a great restaurant and lovely bar, the food is always great and good quality and well priced.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank cvh1312

Croydon
“Bad staff?”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We tried to eat here - arrived at 7 pm on a Saturday evening without a reservation. Bar staff busy talking to each other. When their attention was caught the indicated (in an off-hand manner) that they would have to check if there was a table. Used the phone - no answer - and then disappeared downstairs (the restaurant is upstairs). Did not return in a reasonable time. We left.

• Visited October 2012
5 Thank Selsdonian
England
“Great food and service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled on this place while in Nantwich for a gig. Sunday lunch was £9.95 for two courses. The presentation and quality of food was great. Friend had fish off the main menu and was also very good.
The bar area is very modern and contemporary looking.
All in all a great place and if I venture to Nantwich again I would happily pay another visit.

crewe
“Fantastic place-scary 'welcome'....”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Fantastic pub-quite possibly the nicest around in terms of character. Great choice of draught beers and the menu isn't bad. It's such a shame it's let down by quite possibly the rudest manager (?) I've ever had the is pleasure to meet. What's happened to her since she worked at the Grove in Wheelock is anyone's guess but I didn't realise that such hostility was possible? Polite request to light the fire was flatly turned down, my change was virtually thrown at me and there was just a generally snooty and mean spirited air from her in particular. A shame as the rest of the staff seemed pretty cheery albeit generally as petrified of mein host as everyone else. Note! I wasn't drunk. I'm not barred. And no-I definitely was not trying to chat her up! It's a real waste that what could be the best place in town is one of the also rans-people want a cosy welcome at £4 a pint!!!!

4 Thank craigybabyCrewe
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch at the Cheshire Cat”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I recently took two friends to the Cheshire Cat in Nantwich for Sunday lunch.
It is a lovely 17th century Coaching Inn with uneven floors and low ceilings, but with plenty
of atmosphere. We had a really enjoyable 2 course lunch for £10.95. extremely good value.
The roasts were delicious, as the starters were well presented, we couldn't manage a
desert, but we did have tea and coffee afterwards. The service was good, very pleasant staff.
One small comment, I don't like my meal covered with gravy and would much prefer the
gravy to be served in a gravy boat. However I would recommend the Sunday lunch.

• Visited September 2012