“Amazing maize maze....”
Review of Reaseheath Zoo

Reaseheath Zoo
Ranked #5 of 18 things to do in Nantwich
More attraction details
Owner description: ** Please note, we are not open every day- but on selected school holidays. Please check the website for details** *Come along to the Animal Collection at Reaseheath and see our many animals, including meerkats, monkeys, rabbits and reptiles! *The colleges' animal collection opens over school holidays, and over the various dates we will be running different activities through the day. These may include keeper talks, fun quizzes and animal meet and greets. *Free car parking and onsite catering. *Admission £16 Family (2 adults and 3 children) £5 Adults £4 Children (aged 3 - 16 years) and Concessions Under 3's FREE *Find us on Facebook or the college website.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went for a visit as my son loves running around mazes. We did not expect to find such an enormous maze! The maze covers 7 acres and has different themes each year (this year is the circus). We ran round it as my son wanted to get on the leader board at the entrance. It still took us over an hour to get round the large maze, even with the map they gave us at the start, and a further 15 mins to get round the small maze. We also enjoyed playing some of the small activities that they had on offer for free (juggling, hoop-la, large jenga) but decided not to visit the animals.

You can pay separately for the zoo and the maze. Facilities are basic and limited.

Thought it was a great attraction which my son and all the kids there that afternoon seemed to really enjoy. Good value for money.

1  Thank Debbie M
There are newer reviews for Reaseheath Zoo

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I took my 9yo daughter and her friend for a sunny Saturday afternoon. I was no expecting much considering the low entry fee. There s a bit of a walk from the car park to the entrance which was a struggle for me as a heavily pregnant woman on a hot day. The animals were nothing out of the ordinary. The girls loved the meerkats, rabbits and tortoises. We spent about 90 minutes there which was sufficient. It is a god way to help local education centres and to entertain the kids, not for rainy days as most stuff is outside

1  Thank Elliedill
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This little zoo is amazingly big! Have lots of animals, good layout and enthusiastic carers. We had a good couple of hours there, enjoyed the nature trail (what you have to take from the car park to reach the zoo) as well despite of the rain (seems only the grown ups mind the rain...). Little ones loved the tortoises (were able to stroke them!), the bugs, fishes, porcupines and the big cat! Personally I loved the soft corals. Beautiful...
Only downside is its hard to find it the zoo, as the signs are small.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The first piece of advise is that a SatNAV will not take you to the entrance of the Zoo instead it takes you to a parallel road on the opposite side of the zoo.
The car park was a field and TICKET office on the far side by the MAZE MAIZE.
2ND ADVICE: only take cash as the PIN CARD machine does not work apparently due to the remoteness of the field. So I had to put the children back in the car and drive 30 minutes to find a cash machine. On return they only charged me for 1 CHILD and 1 ADULT and not for 2 children.
So Prices: £4 per child and £5 for an adult for the ZOO.

The Zoo is the other side of the College and a fair and not easily sign posted walk - it took us about 15 minutes. So if you are going on a wet day forget it!!

There are some ponies, Llamas and goats in some pens on the walk and then you go into the Animal Centre which is staffed by students.
There is the Bug House with lots of spiders, etc in plastic containers, A student was in the room but not interacting with the children - which would of made the visit alittle more exciting for them.
Then the Aquarium room - nothing very spectacular in there at all
Then a room with about 7 low pens in with rabbits and guinae pigs in - waht you could see in a pet shop
Then outside - most pens were empty! We saw Meerkats, Spider Monkeys and Tortoises and a Wallabi and then that was it.
Visit to Animal Centre over in 15 minutes.

Really not worth a trip at all - I had to make an extra 30 minute journey as their machine did not work, my daughter has cerebal palsy and is not a brilliant walker so the walk to and from the zoo was too much

The highlight was that a student was handling a Grass Snake in the Animal House and let the children stroke it

Worthless journey

3  Thank Knutsfordcouple
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The zoo is a great place to go were young children wont get to board walking round as not to big like a normal zoo

1  Thank shazbu