“What a pleasant surprise!”

Cheerbrook Farm Shop and Cafe.
Ranked #17 of 106 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stopped off in this lovely shop after seeing the sign from the road. It was a miserable day, but the wonderful staff helped to cheer up our day. I had a beautiful Fish platter and my husband had the Cheerbrook's burger. Everything was cooked to order and presented beautifully on the plate. The cafe was extremely busy, but all the staff were smiling and very helpful. The chef gave us advice on the burgers and where to find the yummy beetroot relish that I had with my platter. I will visiting this cafe on my next trip to Cheshire, a pure delight!!

1 Thank Kate M
Charlie C, Owner at Cheerbrook Farm Shop and Cafe., responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi Kate
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Cheerbrook. I am so glad that you enjoyed the food – we are proud to serve some of the best local food together with ingredients which delight us. If we don’t love it we don’t serve it, and it’s always great to hear that you agree!
I have passed your comments on to our Café Manager and she has shared them with her team who are now smiling even more 
If you have a chance to visit our meat counter next time you are in Cheshire please ask us for freezer blocks which we will provide free of charge to keep your produce fresh on the journey home.
Kind Regards
Sarah

Alnwick, United Kingdom
“An impressive enterprise”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My sister and I walked to the Cheerbrook Farm café from home for lunch yesterday and to buy some items in the shop. The quality and presentation of the produce in the shop is superb and the café menu is tempting if a little expensive.

The café was busy and the only seats available were the high table and stools facing the open kitchen area. Whilst waiting for our order to appear I was idly watching the chef preparing sandwiches, salads etc. Whilst he was slick in the quick way he was making up the platters, I was rather concerned to see that he was handling all the food with his bare hands, i.e., the salads, bread, crisps, garnishes etc. There were no protective gloves being worn, or any utensils being used except of course a spoon for chutney/mayonnaise, and this surprised me. As soon as a quieter table was free towards the window, we moved to it. After the remnants of the previous occupiers' meals were removed, the table was not wiped clean. The tall glass from which I drank my water had a weird unpleasant smell. These small matters prevented me from giving a score of 5.

Hi Peter
Thanks for taking the time to put your review on the site. I am really pleased that you like the shop, our shop floor team work really hard to keep everything looking good and to make the most of the wonderful produce we have available.
Chef is meticulous in ensuring food hygiene standards and we are very proud of our 5* Food Hygiene Rating from the Local Authority and all methods are based on the guidance of our EHO. Our open kitchen policy in the café and the windows though to our bakery and production kitchen allow customers to see what we do and nothing is hidden behind closed doors.
Regarding your drinking glass I am sorry that there was an aroma – all our cleaning products are food safe and design for use within a food service environment. I trust that you raised the issue with a member of staff at the time and they replaced it immediately. I will speak with our Café Manager and pass on your comments regarding the wiping of the table.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review Cheerbrook and for the 4* rating you gave us.
Regards
Cheerbrook
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Son & Girlfriend”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This cafe is new, clean and attached to a great farm shop. The service was quite quick however both my son and his girlfriend had to ask for sauces and the member of staff wasn't pleasant in her approach to the situation. The food was fresh and good quality but I believe the cost is as high as restaurant prices but I would class this as a cafe therefore too expensive really for the overall experience

Visited June 2013
Charlie C, Owner at Cheerbrook Farm Shop and Cafe., responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi Sue
Thanks for visiting Cheerbrook and I am glad you like our Café and the Shop. We are very proud of our friendly and helpful staff and I am sorry that on this occasion you felt disappointed with an aspect of the service you received.
As you have said our food is freshly prepared to order and we use top quality locally sourced produce. We believe our prices reflect this and are great value for the quality of food available.
Please don’t hesitate to speak to a member of staff next time you visit, or indeed fill out a customer comment card so that we may address your issues directly and raise them with the member staff involved.
Thanks again for taking the time to leave a comment.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“A disaster”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went to Cheerbrooks for afternoon tea. It was a lovely sunny day. 2 members of our party are diabetic but there were no cold sugar free drinks on the menu. As a result, one member had tea(which he didn't really want) and the other had a bottle of water-not really festive now, is it?

We had to find a high chair for my 1 year old grandson. No help was forthcoming on this. When the pots of tea were finally served they were placed right by my grandson. What was she thinking when the waitress put everything down? There did not appear to be anyone in charge so complaining would have been pointless.

The service, as always, was almost non existent. Such a pity as the surroundings are lovely.

Will not go again.

• Visited June 2013
Charlie C, Owner at Cheerbrook Farm Shop and Cafe., responded to this review, June 10, 2013
So, sorry you did not enjoy your visit. I will look into sourcing sugar-free drinks and if you have any suggestions I will gladly listen. We try our best to support local and non-mainstream suppliers so as yet I don't have anyone making these sort of products. I will show your comments to the café team to find out what went wrong, but I would really appreciate you contacting me direct, so that I can discuss the matter further. We do put comment cards on the tables for feedback and get such a positive response it is very disappointing to read your review. Please get in touch as this is not the normal Cheerbrook experience. Kind regards. Sarah
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Great farm shop and cafe”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We buy all our meat and most of our veg here every week and it is always of the highest quality, the staff on the meat counter are again always friendly and obliging.
The cafe is excellent using all local products,it is always very clean and tidy.
I would suggest they add a newspaper or two into the cafe to read over a coffee.