“Interesting place”

Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Nantwich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the secret world of nuclear government. For over 50 years this vast underground complex, remained secret, hidden on the outskirts of a sleepy Cheshire town. Declassified in 1993, the 35,000 sq ft underground bunker would have been the centre of Regional Government had nuclear war broken out. The bunker today offers a warm welcome to anyone looking for a totally different day out.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the second bunker that I have visited. I must say its not as good as the brentwood one. Its more of a museum with show cases , where as the Brentwood one , has been left as it was.

Its still a good day out , if this kind of thing interested in this kind of thing.

Great for couples , solos or families.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have found Hack Green Bunker a fantastic 'museum', full of fascinating and interesting exhibits. My son loved the place, so much so that we ended up going around the bunker three times.... The staff were extremely friendly and courteous and I would highly recommend you popping along to see it! The bunker is very different to anything else I have seen and is therefore quite unique. The lay out is clear and the machinery / exhibits are well maintained. Its like stepping back in time.... A must if you have never visited a bunker before!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

An enjoyable and informative attraction for all the family, showing how the government infrastructure would have coped with a nuclear attack. There is even a room where you can experience what it would feel like in the bunker if a nuclear bomb was detonated (sound & vision only - no vibrations!)
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Travelled from Leicestershire with my Son and Wife,extremely easy to find,despite being in the centre of nothing.
Surprisingly enjoyable considering it's intended purpose.The staff were very friendly,but also allowed everyone to wander around unescorted which is a bonus,as there were a couple of parts I wanted to return to once we had made the walk round the bunker.
I thought all of the exhibits were very well done,and really informative.It wasnt particularly busy on the sunday that we went which lent itself to the eerie atmosphere of the place.My Son and I enjoyed the Nuclear experience which wasnt horribly loud,but still managed to make us jump as it came out of the blue,although I would raise one tiny criticism,and that is,I would like to have heard the siren go off as you enter the shelter,or the attack warning "red" announcement.Even so,it was a good way to give you an idea of how you might spend the last few minutes of peace in the event of a Nuclear attack.
The film we saw (The War Game) was very graphic,and got it's point across very well indeed,and in it's way,much more frightening than any horror film you might have seen.

There is no extra charge to take photo's (which I noticed there is in the Bunker based in Essex) and in fact photo's are encouraged via signs in parts as a reminder of your visit.

All in all a very weird and thought-provoking tourist attraction,run very well,and with car, which makes it worth the visit,and entrance fee of £7.50 alone.

So,absolutely terrific day,thanks.

1  Thank simon c
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Really enjoyed our visit. The displays were excellent and very telling, illustrating what a con the propaganda was "in the day" regarding survival and the effects an attack would have had. Very sobering to say the least.

The Bunker receives no financial support as such and obviously admissions reflect this. Well worth a visit though.

1  Thank DerbyshireDambuster