“There is no better place to go with children”
Review of Funky Monkey Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Funky Monkey Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a child friendly cafe based in nantwich, Cheshire. We have a small soft play structure suitable for babies to pre school age and lots of toys and books for the children to play with. We have a seasonal outdoor play area suitable for the tots too. We serve fresh coffee and homemade food at reasonable prices and do not charge an entry fee. You are responsible for your children whilst using the cafe and our facilities. Whether you are in a group or visiting alone with your children you are more than welcome. We often have craft sessions in holiday periods and we specialise in very popular childrens parties, from cupcake decorating to arts and crafts. Please e mail for more information.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I absolute love the Funky Monkey Cafe. It is such a fun place and ideal for the children to play while adults can have a good catch up. My little one is 3 and we go there since she was sarong to play. She loves it! I think the food is great and reasonably priced. The vanilla latte they prepare is stunning! It can be noisy at times, but this is just a good sign of happy children playing. We have always been welcome and the staff are great starting with Anna and her husband. Funky Monkey is the place to go with young children in Nantwich.

There are newer reviews for Funky Monkey Cafe

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I visited here with my two children this week and I won't be back. I've been before and the staff have always been friendly. However one particular member of staff was so rude this week it's put me off going again, I think she must be new as I'd not seen her before, she treated me and my kids like we were imposing and shouldn't be there, with sarcastic and over the top 'thank you's', dirty looks, plus I overheard her whinging that she didn't have time to sort out my order and 'couldn't be doing with it'. Not sure where they have got her from but I certainly won't be back again. The place also looked tired and dirty, I didn't bother with food as the coffee was awful.

2  Thank sally b
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As a fussy grandparent who doesn't do "dirty" I was a little hesitant about trying this out for lunch given some of the reviews but so glad I did. Food was great (and I am very discerning) freshly prepared and well presented as well as tasty and good value. Great play area loved by kids and one of the cleanest play areas I have been in. My granddaughter loved making some things in the craft area and my husband had 40 winks on the sofa while I watched the children. We will be back!

1  Thank lizzieloo66
Reviewed August 1, 2013

People on here need to realise that this isn't a children's play centre, but a café, with facilities for children! Me and my partner went with our niece and nephew and had such a lovely time! We returned the next day for yet another visit! Food was fabb, service was lovely & the staff were very chatty & polite! A very friendly place overall and I cannot stress how wrong the bad reviews on here are! If people are coming here to meet other mums/dads, then just go over and start chatting! It's as simple as that! Very enjoyable experience and I certainly will be returning.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We love Funky Monkey Cafe. Have visited since it opened as it is the only place in town where I can have a cup of coffee and know that my child can play and is safe. I am a regular to the cafe and have seen the staff disinfect the toys and believe this is done twice a week.
I always make sure that we put back any toys that we have used and I suppose that would be helpful to the staff if everyone did the same.
Lots of lovely toys, books and the outside play area is very welcome on a hot day.
Love the salads and sandwiches, homemade cupcakes and tiffin. A bonus is the Chatwins gingerbread which seem to go down well with all the children.
Baby's catered for too and staff will always try to help if you need/forgotten something.
I have held my child's birthday party at the cafe and there wasn't any problem with cleanliness and all the staff were very helpful.
I would recommend this cafe to any of my friends.
Thanks Funky Monkey xx