“Wow child friendly cafe”
Review of Funky Monkey Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Funky Monkey Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a child friendly cafe based in nantwich, Cheshire. We have a small soft play structure suitable for babies to pre school age and lots of toys and books for the children to play with. We have a seasonal outdoor play area suitable for the tots too. We serve fresh coffee and homemade food at reasonable prices and do not charge an entry fee. You are responsible for your children whilst using the cafe and our facilities. Whether you are in a group or visiting alone with your children you are more than welcome. We often have craft sessions in holiday periods and we specialise in very popular childrens parties, from cupcake decorating to arts and crafts. Please e mail for more information.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Found the perfect coffee shop child and adult friendly lovely atmosphere great all round . Food was good value and not to expensive think I will defo be a regular kids lived it . X

1  Thank 1982mrsb
There are newer reviews for Funky Monkey Cafe

Reviewed October 25, 2012

As a new mother, new to Nantwich I was hopeful that i could make some new friends for myself and my small child after I saw an advertisement for this mother and child friendly cafe. I decided to go along to the cafe with hopeful expectations of meeting those like me. When I arrived the cafe was half full, with mothers all sat together and their children playing, clearly all friends meeting up. Not one person smiled. I went to order for myself feeling very uneasy at this point and the owner, whilst serving me, did not smile once, constantly laughing and joking with her friends that were there. I went and sat down (on my own on the empty side of the cafe) and not one person interacted with me or my child. I am just so suprised that the owner did not even consider that its so hard for mums in a new town to go along to a cafe and be completely ignore and made to feel unwelcome. And no, she did not know my situation, however, should she have been a little friendlier and asked polite questions whilst serving me, this would have become apparent very quickly, rather than talking over me to her friends. I left after about 15 minutes, feeling very upset and foolish. Looking at the reviews they can clearly be divided into friends, and non friends. Owner of Funky Monkey, please take note, You cannot rely on your friends to run your business, you need to have new customers come back again and again. And like many others I suspect, I will never return and bad news travels faster than good news.

12  Thank Sunny D
Funkymonkeycafe, Manager at Funky Monkey Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a 'review' on Funky Monkey, we are in the restaurant section of trip advisor as we are a cafe, did you enjoy your food/drink?
We are a little unsure as to what you expect from a cafe? Customers visit us in large groups, small groups, pairs or alone, and all are welcome, as I am sure that they are in any cafe? Many customers are new mums at the cafe, generally if one wishes to meet people it is useful to let someone know so that the staff can help, or maybe come along to one of our groups, Buggy Buddies is a great way to meet other mums, all the information is on a big board in the cafe, you mention that you stayed for 15 minutes and that the owner was rude and cliquey? Many customers are regular at the cafe, and many are there for the first time and all are welcome equally, your 'review' looks very critical of the owner and we are hoping that other readers can see that. In terms of 'bad news travelling faster than good' from a business point of view it is great that people are talking about your business in any context as 'bad news' creates curiosity and we welcome anyone to come and see the warm, child friendly and relaxed environment that is the funky monkey cafe.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant place to chill out with friends. Especially when you have a baby and toddler as the latter can happily play whilst you sit with baby and have a cuppa. Staff very supportive of breastfeeding aswell. As soon as staff member spotted me feeding she offered me free big glass of water and let me order and give money for food from the sofa so I didnt have to get up. Was very impressed. Food is typical of a cafe (sandwiches, jackets potatoes) and nice. Perhaps a little too junky for my liking for kids, but thats no different from similar venues. Lovely outside play area. Overall welcoming, comfortable and importantly easy and relaxing when with kids. I think the previous reviews are a bit unfair as they're critising things that havent been promised. Although that said, I couldnt find opening hours on the website which would have been useful.

1  Thank Traveller202_8

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our cafe, we are pleased that you enjoy your experience with us, as for the opening times, we have now put them on the homepage of our website as it was an over sight on our part! Thanks for alerting us, we look forward to welcoming you back xx

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have been a customer of the Funky Monkey Cafe since it first opened and have watched it grow from strength to strength and never leave disappointed or hungry!!!

As a mother of two under the age of four the place is a godsend, as you can go and feel at ease knowing the kids will be entertained and welcomed no matter how much chaos they create whilst enjoying the homely food and snacks that are sold at very reasonable prices. (What other Cafe do you know that houses a giant cupcake shaped soft play area and encourages children to play rather than be seen and not heard?!)

Having read the previous negative reviews I agree that if you are looking for a generic wacky warehouse experience then this is not the place for you but if you want good, honest food in a child friendly and very welcoming environment at prices that cant really be beaten then Funky Monkeys Cafe is the place to go!

I promise once you've been you'll want to go again and again. The outdoor area is fab if the weathers good and the friendly, personable staff make this cafe a hit!!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I visit funky monkeys at least once a week as it is the perfect place to relax with a good coffee while my 2 year old has a good play. There is lots of space and loads of toys including a soft play area with a slide to entertain the children. It is always clean and the staff are lovely and friendly and always milling about if you need them. Also there is a good menu if you fancy feeding yourself as well as the children! I work in town and every parent i know also visits regularly. There is nothing like it around; you can meet up with friends and their kids, or pop along with your child alone. Fab environment and friendly staff - funky monkeys is a winner!!