“Brilliant local business”

Add it.
Funky Monkey Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a child friendly cafe based in nantwich, Cheshire. We have a small soft play structure suitable for babies to pre school age and lots of toys and books for the children to play with. We have a seasonal outdoor play area suitable for the tots too. We serve fresh coffee and homemade food at reasonable prices and do not charge an entry fee. You are responsible for your children whilst using the cafe and our facilities. Whether you are in a group or visiting alone with your children you are more than welcome. We often have craft sessions in holiday periods and we specialise in very popular childrens parties, from cupcake decorating to arts and crafts. Please e mail for more information.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant local business”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This place is absolutely brilliant for parents and their babies/toddlers. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating to customers and the food is lovely and well priced. People who have left negative comments on here clearly went to the cafe expecting a 'Play Barn' type of chain which Funky Monkey's is not. It is a local independant business run by 'real' people who work extremely hard to provide the excellent service they do. I have been to Funky Monkey Cafe on different occassions with different friends and family and I have never heard anybody say a bad word about it. I think the idea of a child friendly cafe is brilliant! Which other cafes let your children run around and enjoy themselves? I love Funky Monkeys.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank aim p

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly and inflexible”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I never normally write reviews but felt so disappointed after looking forward to visiting the funky monkey cafe, that have done so for the first time.

Don't expect food on Saturday lunchtimes. They close at 2pm and will not do anything, even kids sandwiches after 1.30. Fair enough but it was the unfriendly defensiveness of the owner that shocked us. She stopped us as we were leaving to tell us we should have searched the website and read the board outside about opening times. We left feeling ticked off that we hadn't done our homework!

An unusual approach. Also unusual was the sign stating the police would be called for abusive behaviour. Never seen anything like this in a children's cafe before!! Are the mums and grandmas of Nantwich so bad?

Perhaps this cafe does not need to worry about new customers, that's great. We won't be going back.

Visited August 2012
9 Thank Jas43_12
Funkymonkeycafe, Manager at Funky Monkey Cafe, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
The funky monkey is open 7 days a week, the opening times are on the door, internet and all associated literature, it always closes at 2pm on a Saturday to accommodate private functions and parties, the funky monkey always accommodates polite customers, thank you for taking the time to review our cafe on trip advisor.
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I had heard of Funky Monkey and searched for it online and was impressed with the positive reviews which have been posted on here recently and so when I looked after my grandchildren this week I thought I would visit and give it a go.
I must say I was extrememly disappointed. So much so that I felt compelled to write a review myself. The food was good and was reasonably priced but going by the reviews I was expecting a big area for the children to play but it was quite small. My eldest grandaughter was very bored. There were toys strewn everywhere and they seemed rather battered and messy.
When I was initially queueing to be served a man pushed in front of me and the lady behind the counter went to serve him first. It was very rude. I felt like it was a clique of people who all knew each other and they weren't friendly to me as an outsider who didnt know anyone. In fact I actually felt quite uncomfortable.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank tillysmum98
, Owner at Funky Monkey Cafe, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our cafe, we are the largest cafe in the area at over 300m sq, please note that we are not a play centre, we are are a cafe with facilities for play. We are aimed at pre school aged children, maybe your grandchildren were older? The toys are played with day in and day out, we do our best to keep on top of them and they are cleaned at least twice a week. Many of our customers meet friends there, maybe you were there at the same time as a group meeting? Lots of mum and baby groups meet at the cafe. I am sure that you could have joined them if you wished, everyone is very friendly. However as i mentioned, we are a cafe.... people come alone or in groups as any other cafe, it is their choice. I am sure that if you told the girl behind the counter the man had pushed infront of you then she would have served you first, staff obviously do not notice such incidents as they are busy making drinks and serving customers.
“A great way to spend time with my Grandchildren, they love the fun atmosphere and we all enjoy the food.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

As a young Nana I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren, if I ask them where to they would like to spend the afternoon it is always the Funky Monkey. A good location enables us to walk on sunny days but with plenty of car parking spaces- drive on rainy days. We could spend all day there with the reasonably priced good quality food and drinks! The children can play in the soft play area with the masses of toys or come and snuggle down with a book. If we are outside they love cooling down with a kids milkshake (so good I get an adults one). Then off they are to play with the outdoor toys. The staff are really friendly and helpful, making it a nice environment for everybody. It does gets very busy which i suppose expected but the service is consistent. It really is brilliant, I would recommend it to anybody with young children or grandchildren.

1 Thank Zanysal
, Owner at Funky Monkey Cafe, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our cafe, i am very pleased that your grandchildren enjoy visiting us x
“Couldn't live without it!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is brilliant to meet up with friends and make new friends too! The cafe is a lovely welcoming environment with lots of lovely welcoming people. There is a good sized indoor soft play area with lots of other toys and books around for every child to use. There is also a wonderful outside play area with tables and parasols- again, loads for the kids to do in a safe, gated environment. The food is delicious, well presented and as an added bonus- very well priced. The staff are friendly and very good with all the children.
The Funky Monkey is well worth a visit, it gets very busy at lunch time (which is understandable with the great food) but the kids love it! Great to kill a few hours in the day doing something parents and kids love! Thank you!

, Owner at Funky Monkey Cafe, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe in a positive manner xx