“Fantastic lunch experience!”
Review of The Red Lion Inn

The Red Lion Inn
Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Nantwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family run country pub set in the heart of Wybunbury. We source all of our food as local as possible. We have a lovely sun trapped beer garden (when the sun does make an appearance) Real ales, a very wide gin selection & plenty more 2 great log fires in the winter with a lovely mulled wine or 2 So please pop in & say hello if you ever in the area
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Visited this fabulous place today to celebrate my fathers 70th birthday - his 1st time there & our 3rd since it has re-opened. Food was tremendous - 6 of us had the braised lamb shoulder & it was to die for. My 7 year old son had the full portion of steak pie & polished off the lot. The pork also got rave reviews from my hubby. Great desserts followed - sticky toffee pudding, homemade cheesecake & slow melting brownies are definately worth a try. We hadn't mentionned the fact that it was a birthday celebration but the waitress still made a point of wishing the birthday boy a very Happy Birthday & gave him a glass of champers! Dad & brother were suitable impressed with their experience today & we will all be visiting there again very soon. 10 out of 10 for this venue.

There are newer reviews for The Red Lion Inn

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I visited the Red Lion for the first time to celebrate a special family birthday. First impressions were good with decor and staff both pleasant. Service was a little slow as the restaurant was busy with it being Sunday lunchtime but staff apologised for the wait and were attentive. Most of us had the shoulder of lamb which was mainly the reason for the delay but it was so worth waiting for! Cooked to perfection it fell of the bone and was served with crushed new potatoes and veg. My nephew ordered pie which I will be trying on my return as it looked delicious and was full on tender pieces of beef. Everyone throughly enjoyed the main courses and I thought it a nice touch that my father in law was given a glass of champagne to celebrate his birthday. The menu is quite extensive with a really good choice and there is an additional Sunday menu with traditional roasts etc..
Deserts were good with yummy chocolate brownie, sticky toffee pudding , cheesecake and many more to choose from. A good selection of wines as well. We will be returning to the red lion for sure and would highly recommend to others.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Worst place I've been for a while I asked for sausage and mash I explained I only wanted the Cumberland sausages the waitress explained that the chef would not split up his portions he had set out in the fridge as it was on the menu as a trio of sausages naturally I told them what to do with there food and went elsewhere where the chef wasn't such an [--] shows how much interest he has on keeping his customers happy idiot

2  Thank chris250281
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We hadnt been in the Red Lion since it has reopened so thought we would give it a try for our anniversary in early December.
Very nearly didn't go when I rang up and booked, I asked the gentelman that answered 'is the food nice?' bit of a stupid question really but just passing the time of day while he checked the reservations, I expected to hear all about where food was sourced, how wonderful the chef was etc. He replied that it was 'ok'!
We stuck with it and went along!
The staff were fantastic, all very young but could not fault their genuine smiles and kindness, they even greeted us with 'Happy Anniversary' and a complimentary glass of bubbles.
Food was quick and hot, really was way better than 'ok!' we sat for ages after our meal chatting and didnt feel pressurised to buy more drinks/coffees.
Really glad we went and would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My daughter suffers from coeliac disease and we struggle as a family to eat somewhere that offers us all an opportunity to enjoy good food. A lot of restaurants say they can provide a gluten free menu but the choice is either severely restricted or the staff do not understand the importance of gluten free.
Due to the service and patience of our waitress and the advice of the chef our pre-Christmas family meal was a huge success. All our meals were delicious and the portions were large. Nobody could manage a pudding!
The waitress apologised that they had lost their gluten free menu so the chef went through the ordinary menu pudding ticks or crosses against each item.
The surroundings are very pleasant and my husband assures me the beer is of a high standard! We will certainly be returning.

1  Thank Amanda M