2,163 results
All reviews executive room afternoon tea handpicked hotels relaxation room cream tea hand picked hotels beautiful hotel glass of champagne wedding party evening meal a la carte menu separate building special occasion steam room wedding breakfast eggs benedict huge bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for a girl's night away and it was fab. Beautiful gardens and building. The staff were so pleasant to deal with. The hotel rooms were a very high standard for a 4* hotel. The spa was lovely albeit a few more loungers would have been nice. Had treatments by caring and well trained staff. Even the restaurant dinner was excellent, though bit pricey. It was a wonderful night away. We have we will go again as a group. Lovely.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
tiosullivan, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

That's great feedback and I really appreciate you taking the team to leave a review.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time at Rookery Hall, that you enjoyed the facilities and that the team looked after you so well.

You know where we are, so please come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Attended our nephew's wedding here. "Negotiated wedding rate" for a room, booked and paid for nearly 6 months in advance, turned out to be more expensive than booking a similar room for the day of our departure!
The breakfast was obviously cooked very much in advance and "tired" when it eventually arrived. Coffee was tasteless.
On the plus side, the staff were charming, and the wedding meal was very good. Room very nice, clean and very comfy bed

• Trip type: Traveled with family
tiosullivan, Director of Sales at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Jerry

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review.

We offer all our wedding parties preferential rates for their guests. These rates are discounted on our usual rates. Because these rates are agreed far in advance, occasionally they may clash with a promotional rate we put in place at short notice. This is what happened over the weekend you stayed. We always try to avoid this happening but it does happen very occasionally.

We pride ourselves here on the quality of the breakfast we offer, clearly on this occasion we did not get it right. I discuss all guest feedback with my team and I apologise that on this occasion we did not get it right.

Thanks you for your feedback on the team and the bedroom and I'm really pleased to hear you enjoyed the wedding.

Thanks again for your feedback Jerry, I apologise we didn't get your breakfast right and I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rookery Hall at some point in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay in Rookery Hall.
WOW, excellent setting,food & service.
Would highly recommend, ask for the January room if available. Had treatments & Lunch in the Spa, again Excellent

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JohnFMurphy, Deputy General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear Davestodds,

Thank you for sharing this lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

John Murphy

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Rookery Hall is an absolute gem, hidden in the beautiful Cheshire countryside. The hotel is very attractive and well heated and the grounds pretty & very peaceful. The swimming pool, gym.and cafe at the leisure club are excellent & all the staff very helpful there.The staff were very friendly and efficient at the hotel.Restaurant food was excellent and bedroom very comfortable and spacious. World of Wedgewood, a 40 mins drive away,is worth a visit if you can tear yourself away from the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Jillkaren31,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary with us here at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

I have shared your comments with the team & we look forward to welcoming you back for many more celebrations.

Kind regards

John Murphy

Reviewed June 2, 2019

Arrived to a warm welcome by reception staff. We were early so our room wasn't ready, as expected. We ordered lunch and drinks in the sitting room/bar. The young man on the bar throughout the afternoon and evening was friendly and efficient and had good knowledge of the drinks he was serving, along with his friend that served in the evening. The bar is expensive but comfortable with lovely views.
Our room (November) was in the amazing main building. The room was warm, comfortable and spacious. Lovely views over the garden and countryside. The bathroom was large with a roll top bath and was clean with lovely thick towels. We had complimentary tea and coffee, bottles of water, shampoo, conditioner etc. Hairdryer and bathrobes. We had a knock on the door in the evening by a lady with supplies for tea/coffee. We booked an evening meal which was superb. Mainly the staff Serving the meal were attentive and friendly apart from one guy who didn't seem happy at all. We asked about one of the dishes and the waitress shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know" I'm assuming she was training. Breakfast was wonderful overlooking the garden, with plenty of choice. We had a lovely couple of days and would recommend the hotel as a special treat.

Room tip: I would recommend the main building
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
tiosullivan, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Dear Lynne

Thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the great views over The Cheshire country side.
It's also great to hear you liked the bedroom and the team looked after you so well, even though it does look like we have some additional training to carry out.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to see you back at Rookery Hall Hotel again soon.