We checked in on Sunday and went straight to the spa, which was fantastic. Really modern gym equipment, and a lovely pool - staff at the Spa were great too. The problem came after the Spa!
We stayed on a DBB rate, which had an allowance of £34 per person...ok, but the main courses started from £25, and the starters from £9.50! You're over your limit already! There is a table d'hote menu, but it is a 3-3-3 menu, and more like a conference menu (chicken or fish!) We had a very average dinner (the starters were complimentary, as we complained - 2 from 5 starters from the a la carte were unavailable!), main courses were nice, but expensive. Service was terrible. Young kids who tried really hard, but clearly hadn't been trained. I don’t mind paying for good food, but those prices wouldn’t be out of place in Michelin star restaurants, and believe me, the food wasn’t a patch on those places.
The nights sleep was awful. Despite requesting a quiet room, we were put in a room overlooking the function suite, where we were woken with wedding guests departing, and then the staff at 0645hrs chatting before starting their breakfast shift! Not best pleased! Don't stay in room 19!
Overall, despite the spa being great, the overall experience was not what we expected. If you have the chance, stay at a Shire Hotel, not a Hand Picked Hotel…stayed at both, and there is a world of difference in class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire