The setting had our hopes up.
Our visit was instantly brought crashing down to earth by the rather tedious site of cheap middle management woman alighting in grand manners from her aged Company car Range Rover and feeling the need to mistakenly comment on our Phaeton as a Passat.
Such ignorance was reflective of the the rather brash and perfunctory way the hotel handed out it's service. A roaring trade in providing room service as well as catering for the conference crowd.
Little sophistication for the private guest.
Our room was in an extended part of the hotel - room ok and clean. It was next to a conference room and this rather let it down.
Serivce was ok and the lounge bar offered a good selection of Malt whisky. Dinner was a little slow and then ironically mismanaged halfway through with an insistence on clearing plates before the course had been eaten!
The wine list was considerably over-priced for the content.
All in all an inability to raise their service away from standard conference provision to romantic couples considerably lets this hotel down.
This is a shame as it was obvious that this was a romantice break for a number of couples and they should have been treated with the sophisticiation and manners that their break so obviously deserved. To tar them with the same brush as the conveyor belt 'conference' level of service is simply astonishing and foolhardy.
Definitely a candidate for the hotel inspector I am afraid and it is perhaps not too late to put this right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire