As usual with country house hotels your heart sinks when you see the new built annex on the back of a once lovely building. This feeling was exacerbated on realising that there was no covered link between the rooms and the main building, there were not even any umbellas. The room was new, clean, tidy and well appointed although the bed creaked alarmingly under normal usage! We had to ask for towels each night and there was a fake nail on the floor and obvious signs of champagne (presumbably) on the wall and ceiling.
Dinner on the frist evening was incredibly slow and nobody seemed to understand what 'half-board' meant! Presiding over this was an incredibly supercilious head waiter who contributed nothing. The lamb was inedible, chicory and goat's cheese tart was a success.
Breakfast is clearly a problem it was incredibly slow every day and why does nobody ever clear any of the tables? We stacked dirty plates on the next table and still no one got the hint despite walking past on several occssions empty handed. Every day they had run out of something whether food, cutlery or crockery. Eggs Benedict with parma ham? Seating one guest on a table for four and then trying to shoe horn us onto a tiny table?
Each night they had not got a table booked for us for dinner and the whole experience was that we were not really guests or that anyone was bothered. One brave young man was trying very hard and deserved credit but unfortunately he was swimming against the tide.
I wonder if my initials are still in the dirt on a piece of furniture in the public areas, that's a challenge for the management!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire