“Exceptional staff at this hotel”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Visited this hotel on Sunday 24th august 2014. Stayed in room 403.
We were greeted by Lucy on reception who handled our check in with friendliness and expertise.
Our room was modern, tastefully decorated and a first for us, a tv in the bathroom, true luxury.we had a champagne cream tea and were served by a really lovely lady. We then visited the spa which was one of the best we have been to. The hydro pool is wonderful.
We had a three course meal in the restaurant which was superb. The breakfast was just as good.
The staff who served us on both occasions were the best staff you will find anywhere.
My husband and I visit a different hotel once a month and would like to congratulate the manager on his excellent staff . The hotel was a joy to stay at and we will definitely return.
Well done rookery hall hotel .

Room Tip: Room 403excellent
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackie r
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Hello jackie r,

Thank you for coming to stay with us last weekend and for your review following your visit.

I was delighted to read that Lucy made you feel welcome upon arrival and that you were happy with your room allocation.

Thank you for being so complimentary regarding all elements of your stay. I’m particularly very proud to read the feedback about all the team members you encountered on this visit.
We are truly lucky to have such attentive and charming team members who naturally deliver effortless service to our guests. They will all be delighted to read your review, thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Stephen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,943)

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed Rookery Hall, the room we had was cosy and the bed was very comfy, the shower was excellent and there was a big bath in the room too. The food we had was of a good standard and the lamb wqs excellent in particular. There was a guy called Will, his service was excellent. I hope to return soon.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheHandThatBites

Hello Marthand,

Thank you for your review following your visit to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

I’m delighted to read that all elements of your stay you enjoyed and that you particularly enjoyed your meal. Thank you for your personal mention to Will.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were married here back in January 2013 and stayed for our anniversary earlier this year. I cannot fault this hotel. Our wedding was amazing, the ceremony, food, staff and the rooms totally exceeded our expectations- special mention to Jane who was fantastic. We're so lucky to live locally and have been back numerous times- I really can't fault a thing- I'm also a member of the gym and have to say it might not be the biggest, but it is definitely the cleanest with fantastic friendly staff and a pool and spa which I look forward to visiting daily- keep up the good work- can't wait to be back for our 2nd anniversary stay

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna W

Hello Anna W,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you also for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa for your wedding last year and for the lovely comments following your wedding day. Jane is fantastic, I do agree and really does put the Bride and Groom including friends and family at ease on your very special day.
You mention you cannot fault a thing and this is lovely to read, thank you.

I’m pleased to read that living locally you, are also a member of our Health Club & Spa. I will be sure to share your review with the team and we look forward to seeing you soon.

We can’t wait to welcome you back for your 2nd anniversary.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Rookery with my daughter and hoped for a relaxing, peaceful break. This is exactly what I got.
James the Duty Manager was professional and courteous at all times, Gemma at Reception was helpful and polite. Sam, who brought our room service Champagne was charming and efficient. Lisa in the Spa was thoroughly professional and put a small problem that I raised right without any problem at all.
Our dinner was excellent - wine a little pricey but not prohibitive.
The executive room was clean, with very comfortable twin beds, as requested.
We look forward to staying at Rookery again.
Thank you to all the staff who worked so hard to make our stay a success.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Suzanne12364
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Hello Suzanne12364,

Thank you for your review, following your relaxing break with ourselves and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I’m delighted to read your comments about the team that helped make your stay enjoyable. I will be sharing your review with all and will thank the team members who you have personally mentioned. It is also pleasing to note that the small problem you encountered was resolved to your satisfaction.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and that your dinner was excellent. Also, that you enjoyed your room allocation.

Thank you for coming to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We had a one night package deal which included a champagne cream tea, dinner and breakfast. The champagne cream tea consisted of champagne and scones which was nice while we waited for our room. The room itself was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was lovely too the only criticism is there should be a shower attachment in the bath tub to rinse after a bubble bath. The evening meal was okay my husband paid an extra £15 to upgrade from the market menu (£37pp) to the a la carte but for that price we have had better meals. The cheese souffle didn't taste of cheese, my salmon salad was delicious but my husband found the veal to be tough and as for my tart tatin it looked pretty but I prefer the one they do at Cafe Rouge. The wine is pretty pricey the cheapest being £26. Our table behind the entrance of the restaurant was not ideal as the staff had to constantly by pass our table and there was little room to manoeuvre as we had our 6 month old baby with us. We never got the chance to use the spa facilities, I think 11am is early for a check out especially as the room is not available until 3pm and in our case it was after 4pm. We had breakfast in our room which arrived a little late again it was not bad. The staff at the hotel make the visit, they were all so friendly and helpful. The hotel was great apart from a few minor niggles.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Panda7478,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa and thank you for your review following your recent visit.

I am glad you enjoyed your cream tea whilst waiting for your room and that once in your room you found it to be spacious and comfortable. Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower attachment for the bath.

My sincere apologies regarding, your, dining experience. Please be assured that I have noted this feedback and will inform our Head Chef of your comments. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your table allocation for your evening meal.

Also regarding you not having access to your room until after 4pm, without knowing the details of your day of arrival I am sorry I can’t give further comments on why this was, but I do apologise. It is disappointing that you didn’t get the opportunity to address these niggles with our Duty Manager prior to your departure and for this I also apologise. We are always receptive to guest feedback even when it is uncomfortable to do so.

I’m delighted that the team made your visit with how friendly and helpful they are.

If you do decide to stay with us again in the future please contact the hotel direct where we will ensure you receive the very best of our attention.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We booked a weekend at Rookery Hall as a mid-summer short break. The property is very attractive with many period features in the original building. Our executive room was tastefully furnished to a luxurious standard, even boasting a 'tilevision' TV in the bathroom. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful, creating the atmosphere of a family run hotel. However, for a property that emphasises fine dining and charges commensurately, we found dinner in the fine dining room bland and disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Therese S,

Thank you for your review following your weekend stay and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the property, it is very attractive especially the features in our main house. I was also pleased to note that you were happy with your room allocation. I am pleased to note that all the team were friendly throughout your thus creating the atmosphere of a family run hotel.

Our Restaurant is a 2 Rosette Restaurant and undergoes regular inspections. I am sorry that on this occasion it did not reflect the quality associated with this accolade and that you found it a disappointment. Please accept my very sincere apologies that we did not get the opportunity to discuss this feedback with you prior to your departure. I will ensure that your comments are communicated to our Head Chef and his team.

I do hope that your recent dining experience would not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stopped for a one night package deal which included champagne afternoon tea. Went for our afternoon tea which didnt include sandwiches only scone snd and champagne. We had to pay 8.50 each for some small finger sandwiches. The room was nice and clean tv in bathroom although it didnt work. And our room overlooked the car park which was a shame for an executive room. The evening meal was excellent but wine etc was very expensive. The pool was nice with sauna snd steam room.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near any wedding reception and car park
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Hello june63_12,

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding, our recent promotion is inclusive of a champagne cream tea and guests are welcome to upgrade to the full afternoon tea if they wish.

I was pleased to note that the room was nice and clean. My apologies, that the tilevision did not work. The hotel has 70 bedrooms and unfortunately not all the bedrooms have the views of the Cheshire countryside. If you stay with us again and book the same room type, please ask for a room with a view at the time of booking and we will try our very best to accommodate this request for you.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your evening meal. I am however sorry you felt our wine list was expensive.

The Health Club & Spa facilities are a great way to relax and unwind and with the facilities included in your room rate it is definitely worth a visit.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!