I would have given this place 5 stars but we had a couple of niggles so it only gets 4.
Its a beautiful place, the spa is lovely, staff attentive and the treatment i had was lovely. Great place to relax.
We had asked for an early check in which we do understand is not guaranteed but we didnt feel any effort was made to try and accomodate it, we were just told no its not ready, come back at 3pm. Fair enough its only an ask andnot a given. When we did get in Our room was lovely and clean. Loved the tv in bathroom and cheshire cat.Only niggle here was we had a bottle of champagne pre-ordered which was in the room but they hadnt provided any champagne glasses! We had to ring reception to get some.
We went to the bar while we waited for our room to be ready and this is where this place lets itself down. We bought some drinks and settled down but about 10 mins later a wedding party arrived. There was no seperate arrival room for them so they all came into thebar. Gone was our quiet drink. Instead we were literally pinned against our seats with peoples bums in our faces, getting hit on the head with handbags. This really ruined my afternoon. When you are paying £10 for aglass of wine its not what you want. Im assuming theres a wedding every week so this would put me off going back. Hotel management you need to sort this out!
Overall a lovely place, and food in restaurant and breakfast was top class. But wedding parties need yo be accomodated somewhere seperate when they arrive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire