“Relaxing break”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Relaxing break”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Was looking to do something special for our 20th wedding anniversary and this could not have been better. We're made to feel special on arrival staff were so friendly and helpful which continued throughout our weekend stay. Room was fabulous with a lovely view. Food was so amazing so hats off to the chef especially the lovely touch of wishing us a happy anniversary written in chocolate on our plate when we had our afternoon cream tea. We also enjoyed the complimentary bottle of champagne delivered to our room on arrival with a card. What a wonderful way to remember our anniversary. We would definitely recommend a stay here and look forward to coming back. Mark and Joy

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark B
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello and congratulations on your anniversary Mark & Joy,

Thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa to celebrate your 20th wedding anniversary and thank you for sharing your experience of your visit on Trip Advisor.

The welcome upon arrival at a hotel really does set the scene for your stay. I have said it many times that we are lucky to have such a friendly team of people working at the hotel and spa.

I was delighted that your anniversary was made very memorable for you.

Thank you for you recommendation to others. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I attended my friends wedding at the hotel, and I have to say, it was a lovely day. Food and location was lovely, but I found that the hotel let itself down with small things, not expected in a location that portrays itself to be a high class/first rate venue.
Firstly, the wedding breakfast was lovely, but the cutlery was cheap, bulk buy, service station plain steel cutlery. I would expect more from this venue, and it just didn't fit with the rest of the experience. To make matters worse, it was dirty! I had to wipe every piece of mine and my partners cutlery as there were greasy smears on them all. Others on our table did the same, and I even saw someone else on a different table doing the same, so it wasn't just me being picky! My partner even had food stuck to the underside of his spoon!!
When my cup came I had to send it back as there was hardened food stuck to the outside of it, and my partners cup had a chip in it!
When it came to the night time do, we struggled to get served at the bar as there was only one member of staff on so you had to wait a while to be served, again not acceptable, especially when you are considering the prices you are paying for drinks! £5.50 for a glass of wine!!!!! £4.50 for a pint!!, so it was costing us £10 a round, outrageous!
The toilets weren't cleaned/checked in the evening so towards the end of the evening there was water and paper towels about, - again I would expect better attention to detail at a venue like this.
Finally, the car park! - There wasn't enough proper parking spaces so many of us were forced to park on a bit of gravelled land at the park of the venue. This felt nothing short of the a cheap council run facility, again not fitting. Picky, no, not when you think that you are in your nice clothes, expensive shoes, and having to walk across dusty gravel damaging your heels! This also wasn't lit up properly at night, and for some reason they have used slabs of concrete to mark out bays but you cant seem them in the poor light and end up driving over them potentially damaging your car!!!!
I don't think I am being over critical about this venue as it bills itself as a posh, expensive, top quality venue, so you expect more. My friend paid a small fortune for her wedding here, and I actually don't feel she got anymore more for her money then what you would expect in a much cheaper, less prestigious location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emmy44
Dear Emmy44,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the location of the hotel and food.

I would also like to take this opportunity to personally apologise to you that you found yourself having to write this review having attended your friends wedding at the hotel.

We do value guest feedback even when it is uncomfortable to do. If we are not given feedback it does not give us the opportunity to investigate issues and stop them from re-occurring.

Your feedback from the wedding function itself I have discussed at length with our Conference and Banqueting Manager, she also sends her personal apologies to you.

I’m also sorry that you had difficulties in parking. The hotel does have ample car parking facilities. The main car park of which is situated at the rear of the Nantwich Suite where are wedding receptions are held.

Thank you again for your review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited Rookery Hall at the weekend for afternoon tea to celebrate my mum's 70th Birthday and we were not disappointed. All very well organised from booking to delivery on the day. Food was excellent and the chef even iced a Happy Birthday message onto my Mum's plate which was a really nice touch. Service was great and really made the day special. Well done to the team at Rookery Hall.

Stayed March 2014
Hello Mark B,

Happy 70th Birthday to your Mum and thank you, for choosing to celebrate this landmark birthday with ourselves.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the organisation to delivery on the day. We are lucky to have very natural and attentive team members here at the hotel who love what they do, which in return delights others and creates in your experience special birthday memories for your Mum.

It is lovely to read that you were all looked after so well.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a special mother and daughter treat and had a lovely time. The room was absolutely beautiful, very spacious with a wonderful bathroom- all very clean and well presented. There was a problem accessing the pool on Monday (perhaps this staff member needs customer service training!)
but Jess worked out an perfect alternative arrangement and we left happy. We'll be back soon. Special thanks to Jess and Brian who worked hard to make our stay special.

Stayed February 2014
Hello rtqp

Thank you for your review following your Mother and Daughter treat.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your room including the bathroom that you describe as wonderful.

My sincere apologies that you encountered a problem with one of the team members here at the hotel and spa.

I was however pleased to read that you had the opportunity to speak with Jess prior to your departure and that she looked after you to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
I have personally spoken to Jess and Brian to thank them for turning the experience around for you, so much so that you will be returning.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again for your review.

Preston
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had a wonderful night, champagne on arrival, fabulous meal and amazing breakfast at this beautiful hotel. Plenty of staff on hand and the deal was really amazing value. Great room with wet room for disabled hubby. Not been for about 8 years and has been extended but still great,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hello KopsKapers7,

Thank you for your review following your recent relaxing break.

I’m so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

We have three accessible rooms available at the hotel, two of which are wet rooms so this does add to the comfort for our guests requiring this room type.

I bet you noticed a difference from the last time you stayed if it was 8 years ago?
I’m delighted that you think it is still great.

Thank you for coming to stay with us, don’t leave it too long until your next visit.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We got married at Rookery Hall Hotel in November 2013 and had an amazing day.

The events team were fantastic in the planning stages and made us feel that nothing was too much trouble. We definitely felt in safe hands on our special day.

The wedding breakfast was great, as was the evening buffet. All of the guests commented on how professional the staff were, and everyone enjoyed the day.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rookery Hall Hotel as a wedding venue to other couples looking for a beautiful venue with great food and excellent service.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Melissa O,

Congratulations on your November 2013 wedding. Thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to host and allowing us to be part of your very special day.

Thank you for also taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

Weddings are such a big event, and as we only do one wedding per day it truly does mean that it is ‘your’ special day.

We are lucky to have such a great team of people working at the hotel who love what they do and this has clearly shone through on your day with their professionalism.

I’m delighted that everyone enjoyed the day, you included.

Thank you so very much for our recommendation to others, it really does mean a lot.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. First anniversary, maybe?

Best Wishes to you both,

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a one night dinner bed and breakfast stay at Rookery hall and I was very impressed! Reception and welcome staff were lovely and very accommodating. The room was nice with huge bed, lovely decor and a tv to watch whilst in the bath!bliss!!! The shower could have been more powerful and some of the carpet on the stairs a little threadbare but thats just me nit picking!!! It would not stop me from returning that's for sure!

The spa and pool was lovely ,spotless and no children which was good! The hydro pool was large and hot, sauna and steam room really hot! Very very nice!

Food was good, a bit over priced if we weren't on a deal and drinks were quite expensive at £11:50 for glass of Pinot! (Not very large)

Overall it was a good deal and I felt we had a lovely relaxing break
A

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Duranann
Hello Duranann,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, and also thank you for taking the time to share with others your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your comments regarding your break, and pleased that you enjoyed your room. The executive bedrooms most certainly are a favourite amongst many of our guests, especially with the added luxury of being able to relax in the bath watching your favourite programme on the tilevision.

In reply to your comment regarding the carpets, we do have a maintenance programme in place which the team are currently working through and this includes the carpets.
I’m pleased to read it wouldn’t stop you from returning to see us again though.

It’s great to read that you got the opportunity to use our Health Club & Spa facilities during your stay.

I am sorry that you found our food and drink to be over priced.

I was pleased to read that you had a lovely relaxing break, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you again for your review.

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
#1 of 1 in Broxton
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!