We stayed over night last Sunday and can I say from the time of arrival to that of our departure with one small exception which I will elude to later, we have nothing but praise for both the hotel and its staff. From the warm greeting of the reception staff, the pleasant and dedicated bar and dining room staff we received the highest standards of service. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated for Christmas and the bedroom warm and fitted with everything one would reasonably require. The bed was large and very comfortable and there was tea coffee and other condiments in abundance.
Whilst quite rightly praising the hotel and staff it would be amiss of me not to mention bar prices. I did not notice any bar prices displayed in the bar at the hotel or the Spa. I ordered a large glass of Rose for my wife and a pint for myself. This came to £14.20 being £10.20 for the wine and £4 for my pint. It was not until we had the wine list at the table with our evening meal that I saw any kind of drinks list. One of the cheapest bottles of wine cost me £32 and that with the cost of our afternoon and early evening drinks the end total was not cheap. Not wishing to drive and not being near any other drinking establishments means that you are captive to the hotel prices and this should be reflective in the charges, even allowing for the fact you are a hotel. I know the mangers reply will be the standard, " I am sorry that you found our bar tariff to be overpriced as one of the features of staying at Rookery Hall is the wide selection of wines we offer by the glass, with prices starting from £6.00. These are served in elegant surroundings with attentive table service and accompanied by quality nibbles. I am sorry that you felt this experience didn’t offer exceptional value for money for a 4* hotel. As with the wines, we also have a good choice of beers, ales and spirits which vary in price according to the brand chosen"
We never saw wine any cheaper that £10.20 (large glass)or nibbles but if the prices had been displayed at the bar( a requirement in public house bars) I may have cut my cloth accordingly.
However, I repeat the hotel and staff are a credit but, please do something about your bar prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire