“Lovely Stay - Perfect Staff”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hello

We stayed over night last Sunday and can I say from the time of arrival to that of our departure with one small exception which I will elude to later, we have nothing but praise for both the hotel and its staff. From the warm greeting of the reception staff, the pleasant and dedicated bar and dining room staff we received the highest standards of service. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated for Christmas and the bedroom warm and fitted with everything one would reasonably require. The bed was large and very comfortable and there was tea coffee and other condiments in abundance.
Whilst quite rightly praising the hotel and staff it would be amiss of me not to mention bar prices. I did not notice any bar prices displayed in the bar at the hotel or the Spa. I ordered a large glass of Rose for my wife and a pint for myself. This came to £14.20 being £10.20 for the wine and £4 for my pint. It was not until we had the wine list at the table with our evening meal that I saw any kind of drinks list. One of the cheapest bottles of wine cost me £32 and that with the cost of our afternoon and early evening drinks the end total was not cheap. Not wishing to drive and not being near any other drinking establishments means that you are captive to the hotel prices and this should be reflective in the charges, even allowing for the fact you are a hotel. I know the mangers reply will be the standard, " I am sorry that you found our bar tariff to be overpriced as one of the features of staying at Rookery Hall is the wide selection of wines we offer by the glass, with prices starting from £6.00. These are served in elegant surroundings with attentive table service and accompanied by quality nibbles. I am sorry that you felt this experience didn’t offer exceptional value for money for a 4* hotel. As with the wines, we also have a good choice of beers, ales and spirits which vary in price according to the brand chosen"
We never saw wine any cheaper that £10.20 (large glass)or nibbles but if the prices had been displayed at the bar( a requirement in public house bars) I may have cut my cloth accordingly.
However, I repeat the hotel and staff are a credit but, please do something about your bar prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian0727
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Hello Brian8201,

Many thanks for sharing your review following your recent visit.

Reading your comments about the hotel and the team are a delight, as it really shows through a review such as yours that we are delivering a good hospitable service to our guests.
The hotel at Christmas time does look very festive, so thank you for comments about the décor.
With regards to your feedback regarding our bar tariff, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that you found it to be over priced.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention about the bar prices not being on view to our guests. I have personally checked all three of the hotel bars to ensure that the bar tariffs are displayed for guests to see, and that they are not removed at anytime.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was NOT slow and was delicious with great variety. Friendliest staff I've encountered.

We stayed in an executive room for 3 nights for £297. Bargain!

I loved the TV in the bath, so made my stay relaxing. The shower was very cool!

The decor of the room provided a very relaxing atmosphere. The TV was a good size too.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels as it is a hobby of mine and I can honestly say this is my favourite so far!

I never go to the same place twice, however if I get the same deal again I most likely will do!

ALSO was very interesting seeing the article that showed the Beckhams stayed here on their engagement.

I came here for a relaxing stay after a massively busy 6 months. Apparently the hotel was fully booked...well I would have never guessed as I didn't hear anyone else and there was always plenty of staff and lots of space in dining rooms.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aladiran

Hello Aladiran,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent visit.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you managed to get the well deserved rest you were after, and relaxation time.

It’s lovely to read that you loved your room, breakfast was delicious and that the team looked after you so well.

Come back and see us soon for you second visit.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very good stay with all aspects of the stay being very good other than a poor meal in the restaurant. The way we were treated when we complained was insulting.
Other than this I would recommend.
We have a business of our own so know how to give good customer satisfaction and would be happy to convey this to the management team at Rookery.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greig A
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Hello Greig A,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I’m pleased to read that all aspects of your stay were very good, but equally concerned about your feedback regarding your evening meal and for this I apologise. It is unfortunate that we didn’t get the opportunity to resolve this to your satisfaction prior to your departure, so please accept my sincere apologies.

I would be very interested to know the details of your dining experience in more detail, and would be grateful if you could email the Duty Manager, Jess Fletcher jfletcher@handpicked.co.uk so that she can discuss with you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We celebrated our Silver Wedding at Rookery Hall. Fab-u-lous darlings! The staff are professional with a capital P. The service was excellent in both the Spa and Hotel; the treatments were delightful and varied. The restaurant service was second to none. It was wonderful to see the younger members of staff well trained and very attentive to all our needs. The breakfast was unbelievable. We have never had such a variety. Loved every minute. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hello Granet39,

Very many congratulations to you on your Silver Wedding anniversary, and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to celebrate.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and equally as thrilled that the team looked after you so well.

The Restaurant most certainly creates a wonderful atmosphere in which to enjoy your dining experience. I was pleased to read that the service you received was second to none.

Come and see us again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We visited Rookery Hall for my birthday weekend and from the outset it was special. All the staff were fantastic with nothing too much trouble. Our room was in the new block and absolutely beautiful. We visited the spa and both of us had wonderful hot stone massages - one of the best we've had. The spa is beautiful and not too busy with a good sized swimming pool, steam room, sauna and a large jacuzzi with water treatments.

The service in the restaurant was very good and the food a very high standard. We were on a fixed tariff but the choice on the menu was very good and we could pay a supplement if we wanted to have something off the a la carte menu. The table was ours for the evening but I would suggest you book in advance to ensure you get the time you want.

On Sunday we had afternoon tea and, as it was my birthday, I received a plate with 'Happy birthday' piped on it with little cakes. Whilst they had managed to 'fit us in' as we hadn't book we were not rushed and it was very busy as obviously many people from the locality visit. I would strongly recommend that if you want afternoon tea that you book in advance.

All in all the staff were amazing, the decor for Christmas was beautiful and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the new wing but didn't get the opportunity to see the rooms in the ma...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello NomadsPerth_Scotland,

A very happy belated Happy Birthday to you. I was pleased to read that your birthday weekend was very special.

The bedrooms in our new executive wing are a favourite amongst our guests, especially with the ‘tilevision’ televisions in the bathroom and the multi experience showers, I’m glad you enjoyed it. I note from your review that you didn’t get the opportunity to see the rooms in the main house, I’m not sure whether this was because the rooms were occupied at the time of your stay, so I do apologise. The team are always very happy to show our guests the bedrooms if they are available to view.

Our Health Club and Spa should not be missed when staying at the hotel, it is the ideal place to pamper oneself, relax and unwind. The hot stone treatments is a favourite of mine too, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I’m grateful for your kind words regarding the service you received in the restaurant and also your evening meal.. Fine dining is at the heart of the Rookery Hall experience and we are consistently awarded 2 AA Rosettes. In our Hotel Restaurant we aim to offer our guests the very highest standard of service, fine dining and exclusive wines, to ensure your visit is special for all the right reasons. You’re right about the restaurant; it is always advisable to book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Afternoon tea on your birthday, what a lovely treat to celebrate.

It sounds like you experienced all that Rookery has to offer which is wonderful to read.
Thank you very much for your lovely review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We booked B&B for two nights in December as a short relaxing break after visiting family. What an unexpected surprise greeted us, this is one special hotel. It is spotless, fabulous large rooms with top quality fittings in the bathroom and a flat screen tv with sports channels. Our room was in the old hotel with a fabulous view over the surrounding countryside. The attentiveness of the staff was very good with an excellent breakfast. We did not eat our evening meal in the hotel restaurant, the dress code appeared stricter than my golf club but to be honest with main courses at £30 plus it was a touch expensive for me. The food we saw looked very well presented and there were a high number of staff to attend to the diners. Overall this was a really classy hotel, would love to come back in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Plasmadreamer,

What a wonderful heading to your review – Thank you, and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your two night stay with us.

I do agree that the bedrooms in the main house are fabulous, especially those with a view of the Cheshire countryside, a splendid view to wake up to in the morning. This said our Executive room situated in our new building are equally as lovely but are more contemporary in their furnishings.

I was delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were excellent, and really pleased to read that the team were attentive and friendly at all times.

I’ve mentioned in a recent review to another guest that we have had some great achievements at the hotel and spa over the last twelve months and now, again reading your review really does emphasise again how very proud I am of the hotel and the team.

We would love to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had our company's Christmas party at Rookery Hall recently and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings and is a wonderful mixture of a traditional country house but with all the modernity of a 21st Century high-class hotel. The rooms are large, with beautiful decor, extremely comfortable beds and even a television in the bathroom - nice bit of luxury!
All staff we dealt with were attentive, polite, friendly and knowledgeable.
The party was very well organised and the food was of an extremely high standard for an event with so many guests. Breakfast was also delicious and we were happy that the few of us from our company could enjoy this in a room by ourselves!
The spa is wonderful - very clean and with all the facilities you would expect. A brilliant, large hydrotherapy pool was an added bonus.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and hope to go back myself one day soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Pam T,

Thank you for your review following your recent Christmas Party and overnight stay.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the event itself and that all the team looked after you so attentively.
It sounds like you enjoyed all aspects of your visit, and I’m pleased that you had the opportunity to also enjoy the Health Club & Spa facilities.

Thank you for your recommendation to others. We also hope that you come back one day soon.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!