“Perfect setting for special occasions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
“Perfect setting for special occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We celebrated our Silver Wedding at Rookery Hall. Fab-u-lous darlings! The staff are professional with a capital P. The service was excellent in both the Spa and Hotel; the treatments were delightful and varied. The restaurant service was second to none. It was wonderful to see the younger members of staff well trained and very attentive to all our needs. The breakfast was unbelievable. We have never had such a variety. Loved every minute. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Hello Granet39,

Very many congratulations to you on your Silver Wedding anniversary, and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to celebrate.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and equally as thrilled that the team looked after you so well.

The Restaurant most certainly creates a wonderful atmosphere in which to enjoy your dining experience. I was pleased to read that the service you received was second to none.

Come and see us again soon.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Perth, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We visited Rookery Hall for my birthday weekend and from the outset it was special. All the staff were fantastic with nothing too much trouble. Our room was in the new block and absolutely beautiful. We visited the spa and both of us had wonderful hot stone massages - one of the best we've had. The spa is beautiful and not too busy with a good sized swimming pool, steam room, sauna and a large jacuzzi with water treatments.

The service in the restaurant was very good and the food a very high standard. We were on a fixed tariff but the choice on the menu was very good and we could pay a supplement if we wanted to have something off the a la carte menu. The table was ours for the evening but I would suggest you book in advance to ensure you get the time you want.

On Sunday we had afternoon tea and, as it was my birthday, I received a plate with 'Happy birthday' piped on it with little cakes. Whilst they had managed to 'fit us in' as we hadn't book we were not rushed and it was very busy as obviously many people from the locality visit. I would strongly recommend that if you want afternoon tea that you book in advance.

All in all the staff were amazing, the decor for Christmas was beautiful and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the new wing but didn't get the opportunity to see the rooms in the ma...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello NomadsPerth_Scotland,

A very happy belated Happy Birthday to you. I was pleased to read that your birthday weekend was very special.

The bedrooms in our new executive wing are a favourite amongst our guests, especially with the ‘tilevision’ televisions in the bathroom and the multi experience showers, I’m glad you enjoyed it. I note from your review that you didn’t get the opportunity to see the rooms in the main house, I’m not sure whether this was because the rooms were occupied at the time of your stay, so I do apologise. The team are always very happy to show our guests the bedrooms if they are available to view.

Our Health Club and Spa should not be missed when staying at the hotel, it is the ideal place to pamper oneself, relax and unwind. The hot stone treatments is a favourite of mine too, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I’m grateful for your kind words regarding the service you received in the restaurant and also your evening meal.. Fine dining is at the heart of the Rookery Hall experience and we are consistently awarded 2 AA Rosettes. In our Hotel Restaurant we aim to offer our guests the very highest standard of service, fine dining and exclusive wines, to ensure your visit is special for all the right reasons. You’re right about the restaurant; it is always advisable to book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Afternoon tea on your birthday, what a lovely treat to celebrate.

It sounds like you experienced all that Rookery has to offer which is wonderful to read.
Thank you very much for your lovely review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked B&B for two nights in December as a short relaxing break after visiting family. What an unexpected surprise greeted us, this is one special hotel. It is spotless, fabulous large rooms with top quality fittings in the bathroom and a flat screen tv with sports channels. Our room was in the old hotel with a fabulous view over the surrounding countryside. The attentiveness of the staff was very good with an excellent breakfast. We did not eat our evening meal in the hotel restaurant, the dress code appeared stricter than my golf club but to be honest with main courses at £30 plus it was a touch expensive for me. The food we saw looked very well presented and there were a high number of staff to attend to the diners. Overall this was a really classy hotel, would love to come back in the future.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Plasmadreamer,

What a wonderful heading to your review – Thank you, and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your two night stay with us.

I do agree that the bedrooms in the main house are fabulous, especially those with a view of the Cheshire countryside, a splendid view to wake up to in the morning. This said our Executive room situated in our new building are equally as lovely but are more contemporary in their furnishings.

I was delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were excellent, and really pleased to read that the team were attentive and friendly at all times.

I’ve mentioned in a recent review to another guest that we have had some great achievements at the hotel and spa over the last twelve months and now, again reading your review really does emphasise again how very proud I am of the hotel and the team.

We would love to welcome you back in the future.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had our company's Christmas party at Rookery Hall recently and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings and is a wonderful mixture of a traditional country house but with all the modernity of a 21st Century high-class hotel. The rooms are large, with beautiful decor, extremely comfortable beds and even a television in the bathroom - nice bit of luxury!
All staff we dealt with were attentive, polite, friendly and knowledgeable.
The party was very well organised and the food was of an extremely high standard for an event with so many guests. Breakfast was also delicious and we were happy that the few of us from our company could enjoy this in a room by ourselves!
The spa is wonderful - very clean and with all the facilities you would expect. A brilliant, large hydrotherapy pool was an added bonus.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and hope to go back myself one day soon!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Pam T,

Thank you for your review following your recent Christmas Party and overnight stay.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the event itself and that all the team looked after you so attentively.
It sounds like you enjoyed all aspects of your visit, and I’m pleased that you had the opportunity to also enjoy the Health Club & Spa facilities.

Thank you for your recommendation to others. We also hope that you come back one day soon.

Stoke on trent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a midweek sensation break, this was a 60th surprise birthday gift. My husband chose a full body massage and it was ok, only ok as he did not feel any better after it, he was hoping to feel some benefit. I had a luxury facial which was very good and I certainly felt better after, thanks Emma.
Our room was in the old building and was very nice with really good quality bedding and towels. It was well equipped with tea, coffee etc. The safe was really high up in the wardrobe, I could not reach it, my husband could, just.
We were very dissapointed with our evening meal. I ordered a beefburger with salad and hand cut chips, my husband had ribeye steak with salad and hand cut chips. We were asked if we would like any condiments and we asked for salt, pepper and vinegar. The waiter put salt and pepper on the table then went to serve someone else. We asked again for vinegar and the waiter said there was no vinegar in the hotel. How ridiculous when almost every meal served comes with hand cut chips. The "salad" consisted of lettuce and nothing else at all. My beefburger tasted nothing like beef at all,it was a hamburger and I did not like it at all, I ended up swapping with my husband and had his ribeye. The prices for these meagre meals were way overpriced, we were shocked.
In the morning our included breakfast was very nice and plentiful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank VeronicaStokeontrent
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello VeronicaStokeontrent,

Thank you for your sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was pleased to read that overall your stay was perfect, but disappointed that your evening meal let down your overall experience and for this I apologise.

Please be assured that your comments will be discussed with the Kitchen and Restaurant team to ensure we prevent any reoccurrence.
I truly am very sorry that this let down your experience, and I do hope that you had the opportunity to discuss this with the Manager on duty on the evening that you dined.

If you do decide to return to the hotel, please contact Jess Fletcher, our Duty Manager jfletcher@handpicked.co.uk and she will personally oversee your visit.

Kind Regards,

north east
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed at Rookery Hall several times over the years (4 to date in 2013) and as expected with the Handpicked chain it is the wow factor that makes it more of an experience than simply an overnight stay with dinner in a hotel. Great service, bursting with country house character and comfort (without being too stuffy or formal) and divine food all wrapped up and set in a wonderful location presented by staff who really care about your experience, you are guaranteed a consistently high standard of care and attention to detail at Rookery Hall. Coming back soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but the old part of Rookery Hall is oozing history and character with some love...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joolsNorthEast
Hello joolsNorthEast,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review, and welcome back.

It is great to read a review such as this, as it shows not only that our guests are a fan of Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, but also a fan of the Hand Picked collection.
For this reason alone I do hope that you have signed up to our Loyalty Club, as it rewards you for being a regular guest and costs nothing to join. Our website has further details.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team, they will all be delighted to read your review as they really do care about the guest experience and making sure that you feel at home from the moment you arrive.

We have had some great achievements at the hotel & spa over the last twelve months and reading this review, really does make me very proud indeed as this is exactly the experience we want our guests to enjoy.

Many thanks again. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a surprise birthday gift for my husband and we stayed for 2 nights. We have been previously and this time we were in the newer part if the hotel. The room was lovely, spacious and clean and overlooked the gardens and fields. My husband loved the TV in the bathroom whilst having a bath and the jet shower was good. From the moment we arrived to the time of our departure, all of the staff that looked after us both in the day and in the evening were polite, courteous, helpful and professional. Some of the staff were of the younger generation and their professionalism is a credit to the people who have trained them. The spa and pool area is a lovely place to chill and relax and the jet sprays in the jacuzzi do wonders for the aching muscles. It was also nice to see the staff cleaning the poolside and sauna rooms. I have not had a beauty treatment yet but maybe next time. The breakfast was varied and very nicely presented . The buffet table had something for everyone, from continental, cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, compotes, fresh waffles made to order. Also there is a good choice of hot foods which are very tasty. The evening meals are of a very good quality and there is an al a carte menu to choose from too. There is a very relaxed atmosphere which is what you need in a break from every day life. What is also good is that you don't feel excluded from the hotel when there are functions on such as a wedding as they have their own separate function room. The only downside was that we were unable to stay any longer than 2 days. Maybe longer next time. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TheBarrettFamily
Hello TheBarrettFamily,

What a great heading for your review. Thank You to you too for a perfect review, and I’m pleased to have welcomed you back.

I’m delighted that the team looked after you both so well, it sounds like you had a very relaxing time.

Very often prospective guests use Trip Advisor to obtain honest feedback from previous guests. It is always reassuring to read a review such as this, where it highlights the hard work all the team members do in order to create memorable stays.

Thank you again for your review. Don’t leave it too long before you visit again.

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
Nunsmere Hall Hotel
Nunsmere Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakmere
4.5 of 5 stars 709 reviews

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!