$80
Orbitz.com
$122
Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel(Nantwich)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Nantwich)
TripAdvisor
2,050 results
All reviewsexecutive roomafternoon teahandpicked hotelsrelaxation roomcream teahand picked hotelsbeautiful hotelglass of champagnewine listwedding partyevening mealsauna and steam rooma la carte menuseparate buildingspecial occasionhuge bedwedding breakfast
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had our company's Christmas party at Rookery Hall recently and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings and is a wonderful mixture of a traditional country house but with all the modernity of a 21st Century high-class hotel. The rooms are large, with beautiful decor, extremely comfortable beds and even a television in the bathroom - nice bit of luxury!
All staff we dealt with were attentive, polite, friendly and knowledgeable.
The party was very well organised and the food was of an extremely high standard for an event with so many guests. Breakfast was also delicious and we were happy that the few of us from our company could enjoy this in a room by ourselves!
The spa is wonderful - very clean and with all the facilities you would expect. A brilliant, large hydrotherapy pool was an added bonus.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and hope to go back myself one day soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Hello Pam T,

Thank you for your review following your recent Christmas Party and overnight stay.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the event itself and that all the team looked after you so attentively.
It sounds like you enjoyed all aspects of your visit, and I’m pleased that you had the opportunity to also enjoy the Health Club & Spa facilities.

Thank you for your recommendation to others. We also hope that you come back one day soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a midweek sensation break, this was a 60th surprise birthday gift. My husband chose a full body massage and it was ok, only ok as he did not feel any better after it, he was hoping to feel some benefit. I had a luxury facial which was very good and I certainly felt better after, thanks Emma.
Our room was in the old building and was very nice with really good quality bedding and towels. It was well equipped with tea, coffee etc. The safe was really high up in the wardrobe, I could not reach it, my husband could, just.
We were very dissapointed with our evening meal. I ordered a beefburger with salad and hand cut chips, my husband had ribeye steak with salad and hand cut chips. We were asked if we would like any condiments and we asked for salt, pepper and vinegar. The waiter put salt and pepper on the table then went to serve someone else. We asked again for vinegar and the waiter said there was no vinegar in the hotel. How ridiculous when almost every meal served comes with hand cut chips. The "salad" consisted of lettuce and nothing else at all. My beefburger tasted nothing like beef at all,it was a hamburger and I did not like it at all, I ended up swapping with my husband and had his ribeye. The prices for these meagre meals were way overpriced, we were shocked.
In the morning our included breakfast was very nice and plentiful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VeronicaStokeontrent
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello VeronicaStokeontrent,

Thank you for your sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was pleased to read that overall your stay was perfect, but disappointed that your evening meal let down your overall experience and for this I apologise.

Please be assured that your comments will be discussed with the Kitchen and Restaurant team to ensure we prevent any reoccurrence.
I truly am very sorry that this let down your experience, and I do hope that you had the opportunity to discuss this with the Manager on duty on the evening that you dined.

If you do decide to return to the hotel, please contact Jess Fletcher, our Duty Manager jfletcher@handpicked.co.uk and she will personally oversee your visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed at Rookery Hall several times over the years (4 to date in 2013) and as expected with the Handpicked chain it is the wow factor that makes it more of an experience than simply an overnight stay with dinner in a hotel. Great service, bursting with country house character and comfort (without being too stuffy or formal) and divine food all wrapped up and set in a wonderful location presented by staff who really care about your experience, you are guaranteed a consistently high standard of care and attention to detail at Rookery Hall. Coming back soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but the old part of Rookery Hall is oozing history and character with some lovely suites available
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joolsNorthEast

Hello joolsNorthEast,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review, and welcome back.

It is great to read a review such as this, as it shows not only that our guests are a fan of Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, but also a fan of the Hand Picked collection.
For this reason alone I do hope that you have signed up to our Loyalty Club, as it rewards you for being a regular guest and costs nothing to join. Our website has further details.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team, they will all be delighted to read your review as they really do care about the guest experience and making sure that you feel at home from the moment you arrive.

We have had some great achievements at the hotel & spa over the last twelve months and reading this review, really does make me very proud indeed as this is exactly the experience we want our guests to enjoy.

Many thanks again. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a surprise birthday gift for my husband and we stayed for 2 nights. We have been previously and this time we were in the newer part if the hotel. The room was lovely, spacious and clean and overlooked the gardens and fields. My husband loved the TV in the bathroom whilst having a bath and the jet shower was good. From the moment we arrived to the time of our departure, all of the staff that looked after us both in the day and in the evening were polite, courteous, helpful and professional. Some of the staff were of the younger generation and their professionalism is a credit to the people who have trained them. The spa and pool area is a lovely place to chill and relax and the jet sprays in the jacuzzi do wonders for the aching muscles. It was also nice to see the staff cleaning the poolside and sauna rooms. I have not had a beauty treatment yet but maybe next time. The breakfast was varied and very nicely presented . The buffet table had something for everyone, from continental, cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, compotes, fresh waffles made to order. Also there is a good choice of hot foods which are very tasty. The evening meals are of a very good quality and there is an al a carte menu to choose from too. There is a very relaxed atmosphere which is what you need in a break from every day life. What is also good is that you don't feel excluded from the hotel when there are functions on such as a wedding as they have their own separate function room. The only downside was that we were unable to stay any longer than 2 days. Maybe longer next time. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TheBarrettFamily

Hello TheBarrettFamily,

What a great heading for your review. Thank You to you too for a perfect review, and I’m pleased to have welcomed you back.

I’m delighted that the team looked after you both so well, it sounds like you had a very relaxing time.

Very often prospective guests use Trip Advisor to obtain honest feedback from previous guests. It is always reassuring to read a review such as this, where it highlights the hard work all the team members do in order to create memorable stays.

Thank you again for your review. Don’t leave it too long before you visit again.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here mid week with my daughter and 2 friends as a pre wedding treat for daughter. Package cost £198 per person dinner, bed and breakfast + full use of spa over 2 days and one complimentary treatment. We were allocated standard double rooms for single occupancy. All rooms were in the old part of the hotel and I was so impressed by the overall quality that I asked if we had bee upgraded (we hadn't). We used the spa on the day of arrival pre check in and the whole of the following day even after checking out of the hotel. As the spa was fairly quiet we had very personal service and the lady in charge remembered our names and came to find us in advance of our treatments. Dinner was excellent and we ordered a mixture of table d'hote and a la carte at small supplement. Agree that the wine is a little on the pricey side but excellent quality. Very good breakfast with wide choice of dishes. Daughter was delighted with her treat and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on 1st floor in old part of hotel, ours were named after the months of the year
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jane c

Hello jane c,

Thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa for your spa break.

Also congratulations to your daughter. What a lovely pre wedding treat. Most definitely the ideal way to relax and unwind by making the most of our facilities.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all elements of your stay with us.

All the very best with the wedding.

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back.