2,071 results
All reviewsexecutive roomafternoon teahandpicked hotelsrelaxation roomcream teahand picked hotelsbeautiful hotelnewer partglass of champagnewine listwedding partyevening mealsauna and steam rooma la carte menuseparate buildingspecial occasionwedding breakfast
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here mid week with my daughter and 2 friends as a pre wedding treat for daughter. Package cost £198 per person dinner, bed and breakfast + full use of spa over 2 days and one complimentary treatment. We were allocated standard double rooms for single occupancy. All rooms were in the old part of the hotel and I was so impressed by the overall quality that I asked if we had bee upgraded (we hadn't). We used the spa on the day of arrival pre check in and the whole of the following day even after checking out of the hotel. As the spa was fairly quiet we had very personal service and the lady in charge remembered our names and came to find us in advance of our treatments. Dinner was excellent and we ordered a mixture of table d'hote and a la carte at small supplement. Agree that the wine is a little on the pricey side but excellent quality. Very good breakfast with wide choice of dishes. Daughter was delighted with her treat and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on 1st floor in old part of hotel, ours were named after the months of the year
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jane c
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello jane c,

Thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa for your spa break.

Also congratulations to your daughter. What a lovely pre wedding treat. Most definitely the ideal way to relax and unwind by making the most of our facilities.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all elements of your stay with us.

All the very best with the wedding.

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are in the main part of the hotel and are unlucky enough to be given a room on the ground floor near reception, be prepared for your noisiest night's sleep in a hotel. Banging doors, talking, marching footsteps up and down the corridor most of the night (some respite between 2am and 5am) and a sweltering room to boot. The ground floor room wasn't conducive to opening a window either.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FWLB

Dear FWLB,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

Please accept my apologies for the noise disturbance you experienced during your stay at the hotel. I am also sorry that we didn’t get the opportunity to talk to you prior to your departure.

Please would you be so kind to contact our Duty Manager Jess Fletcher, jfletcher@handpicked.co.uk with your details so that she can discuss your review in more detail.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was a second visit having stayed here a few years beforehand. There has obviously been a lot of refurbishment since my last visit and the whole place feels well maintained.

We unfortunately only had a very limited amount of time here so we did not try the spa or walk round the grounds (which looked lovely when we saw them in the morning) - which was a shame.

There was a wedding party going on when we checked in - 8.30pm on a Friday - but this did not spoil the atmosphere - there were a few giggly young girls wandering about - they were not a problem.

We had a special deal booked through the hotel website which included dinner (although there were quite a few supplements to pay) and a bottle of good Champagne in our room. Our room was nice - large & well appointed with current magazines to read. Dinner was really exceptional - great service & wonderful cooking - a real treat. The lamb was amazing as were the cheeses to follow.

Breakfast in the morning was fine - it was really busy but there were plenty of staff. The food was nice but did not reach the heights of the night before - however it was still good. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JuwariahBristol

Hello JuwariahBristol,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit to the hotel, and welcome back.

I encourage the team at the hotel to read Trip Advisor as it gives the team an insight into the guest journey. On this occasion I personally printed this review and shared it with the Kitchen team who were all very delighted to read your kind words. We are very lucky to have some great team members here at the hotel who are all very passionate about what they do, so thank you again.

It is a shame that you didn’t get the opportunity to use the Health Club & Spa, or explore the grounds. But what a perfect excuse to return…

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked this hotel through "Secret Escapes" as a surprise ‘Pamper weekend’ for my wife. Fantastic first impression as you arrive. Spotlessly clean and all the staff very extremely helpful and friendly. We had dinner in the evening which was a total joy having made full use of the Health spa as well.

I cannot praise them enough………fantastic value thanks to ‘Secret Escapes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas M

Hello Thomas M,

Many thanks for your review following your recent surprise pamper weekend for your wife.

We all deserve time out every now and then for ourselves, so I was pleased to read that you both enjoyed your visit.

The Secret Escapes offers are very popular amongst our guests. But do look out for special offers on our website too.

It’s great to read that you had the opportunity to experience all of our facilities.

Come back soon, and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We paid a visit to Rookery hall for afternoon tea. We had a warm welcome and were seated in a grand dining room overlooking the garden. We were offered a selection of tea of which I chose decaffinated and my husband breakfast tea, we were served a selection of finger sandwiches all with tastey fillings, two (still warm) scones with jam and clotted cream and a selection of small cakes which were very light. We couldnt finish ours so the waiter wrapped them for us to take home. All in all a good experience and we would like to return to stay in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynne m
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Hello lynne m,

Many thanks for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

We like to delight our guests with our afternoon teas which we serve in the Old Hall of the hotel. It is a lovely way to enjoy a fine tradition.

Your review is exactly how the experience should be enjoyed.

I hope you do decide to come and stay in the future.