2,073 results
All reviewsexecutive roomafternoon teahandpicked hotelsrelaxation roomcream teahand picked hotelsbeautiful hotelnewer partglass of champagnewine listwedding partyevening mealsauna and steam rooma la carte menuseparate buildingspecial occasionwedding breakfast
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked this hotel through "Secret Escapes" as a surprise ‘Pamper weekend’ for my wife. Fantastic first impression as you arrive. Spotlessly clean and all the staff very extremely helpful and friendly. We had dinner in the evening which was a total joy having made full use of the Health spa as well.

I cannot praise them enough………fantastic value thanks to ‘Secret Escapes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas M
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello Thomas M,

Many thanks for your review following your recent surprise pamper weekend for your wife.

We all deserve time out every now and then for ourselves, so I was pleased to read that you both enjoyed your visit.

The Secret Escapes offers are very popular amongst our guests. But do look out for special offers on our website too.

It’s great to read that you had the opportunity to experience all of our facilities.

Come back soon, and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We paid a visit to Rookery hall for afternoon tea. We had a warm welcome and were seated in a grand dining room overlooking the garden. We were offered a selection of tea of which I chose decaffinated and my husband breakfast tea, we were served a selection of finger sandwiches all with tastey fillings, two (still warm) scones with jam and clotted cream and a selection of small cakes which were very light. We couldnt finish ours so the waiter wrapped them for us to take home. All in all a good experience and we would like to return to stay in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynne m
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Hello lynne m,

Many thanks for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

We like to delight our guests with our afternoon teas which we serve in the Old Hall of the hotel. It is a lovely way to enjoy a fine tradition.

Your review is exactly how the experience should be enjoyed.

I hope you do decide to come and stay in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at rookery hall for one night with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday! We had a spa treatment on the first day and then in the evening had a 3 course meal in the restaurant! I upgraded to the a la carte menu and I ha w to say the food was superb! The spa was also brilliant and ran very smoothly!
We stayed in the November room which was lovely! All in all a great place to stay! It is a little expensive and I couldn't afford to stay here every month but as a special treat it is well worth the money!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mattshannon

Hello Mattshannon,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.
It is always very pleasing to read such positive feedback and I thank you for taking the time to write.

The Spa shouldn’t be missed if you are staying at the hotel. The spa was awarded the prestigious five bubble award by the good spa guide and has also won the title of ‘Residential Spa Of The Year’ at the 2013 Professional Beauty Awards.

The November room is lovely I do agree, especially with the stunning views of the Cheshire countryside.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just had a girls' weekend at the Rookery and it was fantastic! From check in (thank you Brian for your very kind attention and for arranging our Saturday night out) to check out, this hotel got it right. The food in the restaurant - both evening meal and breakfast - was exceptional. Wine was very expensive! Our rooms were lovely. I was in room 23, a huge room with loads of wardrobe and drawer space, robes, tea and coffee making facilities, large TV etc, and a very comfortable big bed. The bathroom was also large, with a separate shower and deep roll top bath. The spa and pool is in a separate building just a minute's walk from the main hotel. It was brilliant, everyone was so helpful and friendly. Food in the spa not quite as good as in the main hotel and again the wine is very expensive. The hotel itself was all dressed up for Christmas and looked absolutely beautiful. We had a brilliant weekend and will visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Hello curlycat,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent girls’ weekend.

There is no end to Brian’s talents, I’m delighted that he looked after you so well and arranged your Saturday night out.

Exceptional evening meal and breakfast - I will be sure to share your comments with the Chef’s who will be pleased to receive this feedback.

I am sorry that you found our wine to be expensive, as one of the features of staying at Rookery Hall is the wide selection of wines we offer, with prices starting from £6.00 by the glass.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your spa experience and that the team looked after you so well.

Again thank you for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My self and my husband stayed here in November to celebrate my birthday and our twenty third wedding anniversary. We booked the classic package through Hand Picked Hotel group. We had a three course meal in the restaurant. When we were shown to our table by a lovely helpful lady, I was surprised to find a hand written card to congratulate us on our anniversary from all the kitchen staff, what a lovely thought, it made our meal very special indeed.By the way the food was outstanding. The whole experience for the two nights we were there were fantastic, the staff are very friendly, the hotel is was spotless and very comfortable indeed. I would like to recommend the hotel to all my family and friends and I cant wait till I visit again. Thank you once again for such an enjoyable stay

Room Tip: Choose any they are all fabulous!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dawn3519

Hello dawn3519,

Happy belated Birthday to you, and congratulations on your twenty third wedding anniversary. A double celebration that I am delighted you enjoyed.

The two AA Rosettes restaurant at the hotel creates a special atmosphere in which to enjoy your dining experience. Our Chef’s are passionate about their menu and use only the very best produce available. Where possible, ingredients are sourced locally.
They are also very good at delighting our guests with little special touches as you experienced with your card.
I do agree that the food is outstanding.

Thank you for your kind words about the team and the hotel. Thank you also for your recommendation to others.

We can’t wait for you to visit again.