“WASL”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Brum
“WASL”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

When arriving at the hotel we were met by such friendly people.
They took us to our room which was a nice service, although I thought they wanted to stop to see the show.
We thought the bed was so comfortable we were late for breakfast most mornings.
Hopefully the walls were sound proof as we had no formal complaints.
We enjoyed the whole stay and would recommend any romantic couple to stay.
Must say have a bath and watch tv in there it's lush. LLB loved it.
Oh and we went to alton towers the oblivion is not all its been out to be, quite tame any one with fear of heights it's a nice beginner ride.

Room Tip: At the rear
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M A
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello M A
Brum,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

The welcome you receive when staying at a hotel is very important as it makes you feel at ease, so I was pleased to read that you were met by friendly team members.

The beds are very comfortable, I do agree. However I do hope you were not too late for breakfast and that you got the opportunity to enjoy our cold buffet selection, and also our cooked breakfast which is cooked to order and served to your table.

I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your recommendation to others. As the hotel is set in 38 acres of the Cheshire countryside, it does make for the perfect setting for a romantic getaway.

I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your day at Alton Towers, and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel on their website , £169 for DBB , it was outstanding
Room was superb , large , comfortable with A/C that worked perfectly . The bathroom was excellent , great walk in shower , and a bath with a TV !!
The spa and gym were also excellent , my wife thought it was one of the nicest hotel pools she'd ever used
The food was again superb , the fixed menu offered good choices. Our starter of pigeon was excellent , and the cod main was superb . My wife's soufflé desert was also top class .
Service at all levels was fantastic , the staff were generally young and local , some if the best service I've had in a hotel
worth the trip from S Wales

• Stayed September 2013
Hello mog120,

“Superb”, what a wonderful heading to your review – Thank you, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed your room and bathroom facilities.

During any residential stay at the hotel, guests have the opportunity to enjoy our Health Club and Spa facilities. This includes the gym, swimming pool (thank you for your wife’s comment) hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room. Treatments are also available, but we do advise to book these in advance to avoid disappointment.
Our residential spa packages are also worth looking at if wanting to include treatments; they combine the relaxation and wellbeing of the spa with the elegance of our hotel and restaurant.

The Chef would like to pass on his personal appreciation about your comments about the food, and I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our fine dining restaurant.

It’s wonderful to read your comments about the team, they all work really hard to ensure each and everyone one of guests receives a home from home experience.

I hope you make the trip from South Wales to visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 14 yr wedding anniversary at the Rookery hotel. We was booked in an executive room over looking the gardens. This was in the new part of the hotel and the room was lovely with a very comfy large bed and super bathroom, the bath had a tilevision tv in the wall and there was a shower with can rain heads and side jets. We had champagne in the room which was very nice. We had a very tasty three course meal in the beautiful restaurant and breakfast the next day had everything there to help yourself to along with the full English. The staff are all very friendly and professional in their service. Totally enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Hello Juandpete,

Congratulations on your recent 14th wedding anniversary. I was delighted to read that you chose Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to celebrate.

The executive bedrooms are a favourite amongst many of our guests, especially with the added luxury of being able to relax in the bath, watching your favourite programme on the tilevision television.

I’m so pleased that during your visit you had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant, both for dinner and breakfast the following morning.
Fine dining is at the heart of the Rookery Hall experience and we are consistently awarded 2 AA Rosettes. In our Hotel Restaurant we aim to offer our guests the very highest standard of service, fine dining and exclusive wines.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team members. I have shared your review with them, and they were all very happy to receive your positive comments.

Thank you for your recommendation, and also thank you again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel recently for 2 nights and found the location to be excellent. The breakfast was superb and the staff always had a smile on their faces and they appeared to enjoy their jobs. The bar staff were generally very good although one male member complained when he had to serve us cocktails and had other duties to perform! The rooms are all well ventilated with air conditioning if required. We played games in the grounds that were provided and the walk around the grounds were very attractive and relaxing. Wear sensible shoes though especially for the ladies.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304 which overlooking the car park but nevertheless comfortable and relatively qui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hello Blackpool,

Many thanks your review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay during your recent two night break.

Thank you for your kind words about the team, we are very lucky to have attentive and natural team members who ensure all of our guests receive a comfortable stay.
I was concerned to read your comments about one of the bar team members, so please accept my sincere apologies, as this is not the behaviours that our team should be displaying.

I do agree that the breakfast at the hotel is superb, especially with our choice of a cold buffet selection to start, and then hot breakfast cooked to order served to your table. This is an excellent way to start your day and is a meal not to be missed when staying at any Hand Picked hotel.

It sounds like the weather was good during your visit which enabled you to explore the grounds and play outdoor games on the front lawn. But a good point you made is for ladies to wear sensible shoes when walking around the gardens. We do also have wellies available in our reception area for our guest’s to borrow.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

A very elegant Hotel near Crewe, Excellent for that extra break, great grounds ,and a spa, and a very well appointed Hotel, part of the Hand Picked Group, usually all good Hotels all well appointed.
We had an executive room facing out of the back of the Hotel, lovely views of the fields, and forest lands. Room first class, food in the fine dining room was very good but service was slow,wines not bad but very expensive, we went on a weekend break deal, although we are members of The Hand Picked Hotel Group anyway.
They had a wedding party in, which caused problems, at Breakfast the next morning, everybody had to wait a long time for the food, which took the edge of it.
But overall a good stay, although we wont rush to go back as they have other Hotels that we still prefer. But as said the overall experience was good value for money. Paul and Joan Bennett.

Room Tip: A room at the back is good !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Paul B,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the grounds and Spa, and also the location. We are lucky to be located in the heart of the Cheshire countryside, situated in 38 acres of gardens.

The executive bedrooms situated in our new bedroom block are a favourite amongst our guests, and I do agree the views are lovely.

I’m sorry to read that you encountered slow service during your visit, at dinner and again at breakfast. Please be assured that this feedback has been communicated to the Restaurant and Kitchen team.

The Hand Picked loyalty club is a great way of rewarding our guests for enjoying themselves, as it recognises you for being a regular guest.

I hope to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful corner of the country, this is the place to go.

My wife and I stayed at Rookery Hall with friends for two days in September 2013. The accommodation was excellent, with an amazingly comfortable bed in a well-appointed, quiet and spacious room. The hotel staff were really courteous and very helpful. The breakfast was excellent all-round and we were never hurried out of the dining room, despite overstaying our welcome on both mornings. The spa itself is a fantastic facility, and well worth a visit.

My only gripe would be that the restaurant food was very expensive (although very good) and the Spa treatment prices were high. A small complaint in an otherwise perfect couple of days.

Thanks to all the staff at Rookery Hall for a great break in the stunning Cheshire landscape. Phil Spencer

Room Tip: All the rooms are well situated and the whole hotel is lovely and peaceful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello Mr Spencer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your two night break in September.

It’s lovely to read that you all enjoyed your stay, and that the team looked after you during your visit.

Breakfast at Rookery Hall is a great start to the day and definitely the highlight of any guest stay. Hot breakfast cooked to order and served to your table and our cold buffet selection ensures you have a great start to your day.
I can assure you that you wouldn’t have overstayed your welcome.

I’m glad you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant. I’m sorry that you found the prices to be expensive as we do ensure our prices are kept inline with other local 4* properties in the area.
The Spa is a fantastic facility, the use of the gym, swimming pool and hydrotherapy pool, including the steam room and sauna is included within our guest’s room packages. The treatments available in our Spa, which has been awarded the five bubble award by the Good Spa Guide is a superb way to relax and feel truly pampered. With us being the 2013 Residential Spa of the year, our prices reflect the quality of the treatments and our surroundings.

Thank you again for your lovely review, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here to attend my nephew's wedding which was going well, though had to wait until after 3pm to check in despite check out time being 11am. Evening ruined by argument with bar manager who refused to take a £50 note despite having taken three others earlier in the day. Had to call upon the hotel manager to resolve the fact that it was unreasonable not to take a £50 note for a £60+ bar bill. When a glass of coke is over £2 and a bottle of wine starts around about £30 one would think they would welcome large notes! But to add insult to injury a bottle of rose' arrived only 3/4 full as one of the bar staff was witnessed putting the contents of one bottle into another. So poor service, reasonable food for a large function but as my job takes me around the world staying in 5* plus hotels the staff could learn a lot from hotels in the Middle East and Far East. In my opinion Rookery Hall is not so special as there are many better wedding venues in Cheshire than here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank diana o
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear diana o,

Thank you for completing a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

I was disappointed to read your review, and I would like to pass on my sincere apologies for the service you received from the bar team.
Having spoken to the Duty Manager who was working that evening, he has informed me that he did do his best to resolve the situation by refunding and replacing the wine.

Please be assured that I have investigated the situation further by speaking to the Head of Department, who also passes on her personal apologies to you.

If you do decide to stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa in the future, please contact me direct.

Kind Regards,

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
#1 of 1 in Broxton
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!