My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Rookery Hall at the end of January. We have stayed at several Handpicked Hotels now and got married at Wood Hall in Wetherby. We very much enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend to anyone considering a relaxing and/or romantic getaway. The hotel appears to combine traditional and modern with a very tasteful add on to the original building. We opted for the traditional end and very much enjoyed the high ceilings, grand stair cases and dramatic windows.
We began our retreat with Afternoon Tea which proved to be a lovely traditional tea, set in in a grand room in the old part of the hotel, looking out onto the grounds. We then checked into the January suite which was luxurious and more than enough space for both of us to fully relax. The beautiful bay window seat provided the perfect opportunity to watch the world and wildlife go by.
We dined in the hotel restaurant that night and again found it warm, friendly and achieves the right balance of formal but relaxed. We ate three courses and found the menu imaginative. The following morning we enjoyed a very tasty breakfast and we were particularly impressed with the choice available for those not wanting the traditional 'fry up'.
Across the hotel the level of service was excellent. All staff were friendly and receptive and we were particularly impressed with the way everyone seemed to know our names and took the time to wish us a happy anniversary. Another thing that impressed us was the fact that a large wedding was taking place in the hotel and they were full almost to capacity and yet the venue remained tranquil and relaxing without even the slightest whisper from the evening reception. In fact we only knew there was a wedding taking place because at one point the bride, groom and guests posed for photos outside in the grounds. We didn't have time to use the Spa but would definitely consider returning to give it a try.
All in all a perfect venue for a romantic retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire