“Amazing, one of the best”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
london
“Amazing, one of the best”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at a few luxury hotels in the UK (the Grove in Hertfordshire, The Manor House in Castle Coombe and a few MacDonald hotels) but found this tops the lot.
My wife, 3 month old son and myself visited this hotel, a midweek break, booked via the hotel website. I researched a few spa hotels that would cater for toddlers prior to booking this and thankfully I chose this one.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, all our concerns of travelling with a toddler was put at ease by the wonderful staff.
Our check-in was seamless (only took 2-3 mins) and our room was delightful. We opted for an exec room in the new building as we prefer the modern feel to hotel rooms. The room was large, a very comfortable bed, and the staff kindly arranged for a travel cot in the room.
Breakfast was amazing, dinner at the restaurant is excellent, the spa very relaxing and the hotel has alot of character.
The greatest compliment I can give a hotel is the level of service afforded to its customers. The staff of Rookery Hall completely exceeded any type of service I have ever received from another hotel. All of our requests to accommodate our little toddler was met, to the extent that a separate dining area was made available to us so we could tend to our baby when required without disturbing any of the other guests.
The staff made our stay unforgettable and I will definitely return soon

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your comments with regard to your stay and the service received from the team.

We are very proud of our hotel here, and this is portrayed in the attitude of the staff that work here. We are blessed with a wonderful team of people who do their very best to make our guests stay as memorable as possible.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Gwyn Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Party of eight (including 2 children) booked for relatives Birthday over two nights. Nice clean rooms with spacious bathrooms. Shower very good, hot and powerful. Spa, gym and pool lovely and clean to - no complaints at all!
On the first night we ate at the restaurant where we had a choice of dishes marked with an asterisk which formed part of the full board basis or you could choose to pay a supplement on each starter, main and desert if nothing took your fancy. I felt there was little of the asterisk items which I would have picked, which forced my hand to choose the more expensive options. I felt the supplement prices were high too eg £4.00 per starter £9/£10 per main and a further £4.00 for desert. I had rib eye steak which tasted nice, but did not give me the 'out of this world' effect I had expected for the cost. Presentation was excellent throughout however and the service was A1.
The cheapest bottle of red wine we could find was £28 and not (in my opinion) worth anywhere near worth that much - but I suppose you accept Hotel prices are what they are.
Breakfast menu was excellent with plenty of choice. The full English was fabulous- top marks in fact.
We waited quite sometime for extra tea/coffee/toast which "is coming" but took its time. In fairness to all the staff they did work hard and were attentive during a busy service.
The newspapers we ordered for each morning did not arrive on the first day which disappointed me, as did the lack of attention in replenishing the milk from our rooms tea/coffee. Little things they maybe, but I felt a little undervalued which is not what I think this hotel is after.
Overall, I had a very pleasant stay, was very impressed with the Manager Earle, particularly his attentive and approachable attitude with the little ones in our group and would recommend this for a short break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old section of the Hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for all of your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed the food and indeed the quality of the accommodation during your recent stay. However from your comments and feedback it is clear to me that, on this occasion, we failed to fully meet your expectations. I am disappointed you found our wine to be overpriced as one of the features of staying at Rookery Hall is the wide selection of wines we offer by the glass, with prices from £6.00. Whilst wine prices are managed centrally to ensure consistency across the group, the tariff for spirits, beers and ales are managed locally.

I was extremely disappointed to read your comments about mistakes being made with your newspaper and that housekeeping failed to replenish the milk in your bedroom. I was also disappointed that you felt you had to wait quite sometime for extra tea and toast. We spend a great deal of time training our teams and please be assured your feedback has been shared with the team and actions will come from this feedback.

I was however delighted to read that the problems you encountered did not overly effect the enjoyment of your stay as you found all the food was delicious and the teams were warm and friendly. Customer service is something we are passionate about here at the hotel so thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Rookery Hall for a one night relaxing getaway between Christmas and New year! We loved it! From arriving at reception we were greeted warmly and checked in efficiently. We were booked on a dinner inclusive rate but hadn't booked a table - the receptionist arranged this for us, tables weren't available until a later time but this was perfect for us. She then personally took us to our room, pointing out the restaurant and spa facilities etc on the way. The room was lovely! Large comfy bed and quiet. The view overlooking countryside as far as you could see. We ordered room service as our dinner was a while away - I find room service can sometimes be the weaker part of a hotel stay - not here! It was prompt, hot and delicious! Our only regret was that we didn't order more! Dinner was devine! Drinks in the lounge first while making the difficult decision on the menu. Lovely, cosy, traditional restaurant. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Food was lovely (now glad we didn't order more for room service). Post dinner drinks and coffee in the bar. I imagine the outside space here on summer days (when we get them) would be amazing to relax and explore, we will have to return and see! After a great nights sleep, breakfast set us up for the day! Although we were late down, choice and service was perfect. Overall we would recommend Rookery to anyone looking for a quiet getaway! Our only regret was lack of time to make use of the spa!! However we attended a wedding here a few years ago (which was also great) and used it then - it was lovely. So again, a return visit is required!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. We're delighted to read how much you enjoyed our facilities and that our staff were attentive and efficient. We look forward to welcoming you back.

manchester
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Myself & my partner spent a night here in jan 2013 & what an experience it was. From the moment we checked in the service was 1st class, we were escorted to our room which had a queen size bed,tv & i-pod dock, champagne on ice, large bathroom with built in tv & multi function shower. We made use of the pool & steam room which, after 5.30pm was kiddy free, pool was lovely & warm & steam room pleasantly scented. Evening meal was outstanding with excellent choice of dishes, ample time given between couses so not felt lke being rushed. dined to the music of a solo guitarist which added to the atmosphere. Breakfast was equally as good with great choice of food. Could not fault any aspect of the stay, from the facilities to the friendly & efficient staff, would definately recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms in new wing have great views of countryside
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We value our guest comments and they assist us in improving our standards and quality of service which we provide. I was delighted to read your feedback about the team and the quality of the food and accommodation.

We continually review our standards in order ensure that high standards are maintained at all times.

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We decided to have a two day break between the Christmas and New Year festivities, somewhere quiet, tranquil and relaxing. Our large room was at the rear of the Hotel overlooking snow covered lawns and water feature.

We ate in the Hotel the first night, excellent service and the food was 1st class.

The lobby/sitting room was very inviting with roaring log fire and very comfortable settees that you just sank into.

Will definitely go here again.

PS. I understand David Beckham had his engagement reception here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor.

At Rookery Hall we ensure all team members are kept up to date with regards to reviews so we can where necessary learn and improve on constructive feedback. I know they will be delighted to learn of your stay and the positive attitude they displayed during your break. I know Mark our head chef will be pleased to read about some of the excellent quality dishes you experienced.

On behalf of the team I look forward to welcoming you all back to Rookery Hall in the near future.

Wallington UK
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I could spend 200 characters with wow wow wow! Rookery Hall was just beautiful from the moment of entering the drive. You are very warmly welcomed at reception & shown to your room. This is where the wow factor for me started - my room was absolutely amazing - 3 stunning picture windows and I could lay in bed and enjoy the view from these. I woke on my first morning to the most stunning sunrise.
I had Afternoon Tea which was lovely - plenty to eat that's for sure. Breakfast was plentiful you could not possibly eat everything that was on offer though I tried!!
I didn't make use of the Spa in this occasion but will be returning and will ensure I do! Nor did I eat in the restaurant but the menu was very tempting. When I returned to my room late evening it had been turned down and lights warmly welcomed me back. Every member of staff I encountered was genuinely pleasant and friendly.
Well done Rookery Hall, I came home extremely relaxed and will definitely be making a return visit

Room Tip: I would say rooms in the main house would offer the best rooms and views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you found the service to be friendly and helpful and that all aspects of your stay were impressive.

I will ensure your kind words are communicated to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rookery Hall in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at Rookery for one night on a promotion for bed, breakfast and evening meal. I would definitely recommend as from the minute we arrived we were made to feel special. We used the gym and then relaxed in the spa before going down for a wonderful dinner. The thing that makes this hotel stand out are the staff. They are excellent at being there and looking after your every need but without being overly visible or intrusive.
We will definitely return as this was a fantastic stay (room,gym,spa,food and drink all top marks!)

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Coffeys-17
Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Hotel.

Once again we are very fortunate to have a review which highlights the quality of the team, I do believe they are what makes Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa a great hotel as each member of the team truly goes out of their way to ensure all guests experience the wow factor during their stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Gwyn Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
#4 of 44 in Chester
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!