“What a treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Alton, United Kingdom
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hi,My wife and I decided on an impulse break at Rookery, Val knows the hotel & spa, but I have to comment on our recent visit,I am as you know in a wheelchair and we booked in to one of the disabled rooms, with full wet room facilities, fantastic, we had the most fabulous 2 night break, the food was first class, Scot and his team of staff looked after us so well, we both came away fully rested. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you are in a wheelchair the room 204 has the fantastic wet room but you do need to go outside to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality and in particular our restaurant. I have passed your comments to Scott all of the team concerned, including the Head Chef.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to Cheshire.

Kind regards,

Gwyn Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Family Wedding. Everything was lovely - no hitches. All the guests enjoyed the lovely food and surroundings.Spa was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Only one downside-- the Disco in the evening was ear shattering. However this may not have been provided by the Hotel and also probably reflects my age

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hilary E
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your comments with regard to your stay and the service received from the team. We do take great pride in our product and service and in particular in our high levels of food quality. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future where hopefully you will be able to stay a little longer.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Good food excellent room and attentive friendly staff. We are looking forward to one of their special weekend breaks which are very good value. This hotel is convenient for North Wales and Chester. Only downside the bathroom could do with upgrading.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank CAKendrick

We are always receptive to feedback about our product and service and we work earnestly to make continuous improvements in these areas, on this note I would like review the bathroom, if you would be kind enough to contact me and let me know in which room you stayed. We have a great team of people working at the hotel and it is nice that you have highlighted the team for their wonderful efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rookery Hall in the future.

Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were given a spa break at Rookery Hall as a wedding gift, and we decided to book in January. We often go away for spa weekends, generally 3 or 4 a year, but Rookery Hall is by far the best break we have been on. As soon as you arrive into the beautiful building, the staff are so welcoming, and make you feel as though they are genuinely interested in you. The room ( called March)was absolutely stunning, with views across the grounds and fountain. The spa treatments (body scrub with neck and shoulder massage for me and full deep tissue massage for hubby) were second to none, and we spent the afternoon relaxing in the pool area. The 3 course meal was delicious, with plenty of choice on the menu, not to mention the superb breakfast. The hotel itself feels very grand and luxurious, we took a long walk through the frosty grounds after breakfast and the views are spectacular. I have recommended Rookery Hall to all my friends and family, and we are looking forward to returning for our 1st wedding anniversary (for 2 nights this time!)

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for providing some great feedback following your stay.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our spa and you found the dining experience to be “delicious”. I was also delighted to read that the team looked after you well during your stay. I do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

manchester, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I should start this review by saying that this visit was the fifth time we have stayed at Rookery & I should have written a review well before this one. Each time we visit the experience gets better & better. Our previous stays have not been without fault- there are always various niggles which require attention- but we have always found the staff & management most professional in their manner & actions making our visits most enjoyable. Our repeat bookings are testament to this & the fact that members of staff are recognisable each time we visit says a lot about the hotel and the way it is managed. Special mention must go to Earle (F&B Manager) who always welcomes us with a genuine wide smile & handshake and straightaway makes us feel at home. Always attentive, he listens & wants to make our stay the best yet. I should also mention Helen who always has a smile for us at breakfast or dinner & who strives to maintain the high standards at the hotel.

This is the first time we have stayed at the hotel over Christmas & we were not disappointed. We were both very relaxed, from a good night's sleep in November (the rooms in the old house are named after months of the year), to a full hearty breakfast, followed by a restful day spent by the pool. The spa facility is of a high standard & well maintained. A great addition to the hotel's facilities.

All in all a very welcome return. I hope we are able to visit again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emceeManchester
Thank you for posting your comments following a stay here at Rookery Hall. It is always a real pleasure to read such feedback about staff being friendly and attentive and how we are continuing to improve and evolve something as a team we are passionate about.

I will certainly convey your kind words to all the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We got married at rookery hall last year in May, all I can say is wow!

From the gorgeous rooms to the spa to the friendly staff, everything was perfect.

For anyone thinking of getting married at rookery or having their wedding breakfast/night do here I would highly recommend it.

Our events coordinator on the day of the wedding, Jane, was amazing! She made sure everything was perfect and stress free and that it was.

The spa at rookery is gorgeous and all of our guests who stayed over said how gorgeous it was.

The grounds are fantastic and very well looked after, I cannot fault this venue and we can't wait to spend our one year anniversary back there!

Room Tip: The rooms in the new building are very modern and all have TV's in the bath! The rooms in the ol...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catlady81
Thank you for your comments following your recent wedding with us. I am delighted that the team looked after you so well. I do hope we will see you again soon.

Gwyn Jones.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just stayed here for a night for my birthday, and was very impressed. Not only was it set in beautiful surroundings, but the inside wasnt a disappointment either. We had an executive room which instead of having to find ourselves, we were shown to by one of the staff. The room was spotless and modern. We went out for something to eat and when we came back the bed was turned down which I thought was a nice touch.
The staff were very friendly throughout our stay, including the service for breakfast.
I would definitely recomend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice peaceful night away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cat9198
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, and we do hope to see you many more times in the future. I very much appreciate your comments in relation to the staff and service.

Once again many thanks for your much valued feedback and I look forward to seeing you in the hotel in the near future.

Gwyn Jones.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,981 reviews
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 45 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!