2,072 results
All reviewsexecutive roomafternoon teahandpicked hotelsrelaxation roomcream teahand picked hotelsbeautiful hotelnewer partglass of champagnewine listwedding partyevening mealsauna and steam rooma la carte menuseparate buildingspecial occasionwedding breakfast
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend for his 30th birthday. The whole experience was superb! We had an executive room which was very clean and extremely comfortable. The food is fabulous and worth the money. The staff however are what truly makes this hotel stand out from the others. From the second we checked in to when we sadly checked out nothing was too much trouble for any of them. I don't know everyone's names but the few that shone above the rest are Jane and Lucy on reception and Jack in the restaurant and many others who were all fabulous and made this stay very special. They even did a birthday plate both nights with my boyfriends dessert.
I can't wait to return to this hotel!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you for your review.

It was great to learn that you really enjoyed the whole experience, and you felt you received value for money. I shall be sure to pass all of your glowing comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

One night stay on DBand B terms which are not the cheapest.

First impressions excellent with imposing building set in lovely grounds and high class bedrooms.

Very well appointed spa (though this is in a separate building and the journey to and from the hotel can be daunting in winter weather).

Staff friendly and helpful and a quite delightful breakfast.

But I regret to say all the plus points are marred by the dinner menu.
Though the menu provides plenty of alternatives the majority did not appeal and I dont believe I am hard to please. The prices are exhorbitant (my wife had a single fillet of sea bass on a bed of kale at a cost of over £25).

As I pointed out had we stayed a second night it would have been difficult to find alternative dishes that appealed.
In my view a radical overhaul of the menu is required.

I would have rated the hotel excellent had it not been for the dinner and
I would recommend that you go on bed and breakfast terms, enjoy the luxury of it all, and eat out in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and your kind words.

The team are passionate about providing great service so I am genuinely delighted to read your comments and hear that you felt so welcome. I am disappointed that you did not like the menu presentation. The menu was designed after feedback from our customers with the idea to give our customers a greater choice, we have a minimum of four dishes on each course that do not carry a supplement charge for those on a dinner bed and breakfast package, and has thus far this has proven very popular.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Myself and my husband got
married at rookery hall on the 27th October 2012.
The staff were very friendly and professional. I had visited several times before to discuss our wedding arrangements. Our wedding coordinator was very helpful and answered any questions we had. Our wedding reception was just fabulous!
Our guests booked over 23 rooms at the hotel and the general feedback was how lovely rookery hall was and what a comfortable enjoyable stay they had. There were no complaints.

Rookery Hall is set in a beautiful countryside location, the driveway is particularly grand. Inside the Hall the design/decor is very contemporary/modern. The old mixes well with the new wing.some may suggest that the older parts need freshening up and may not like the worn look but I liked this aspect of the Hall and in my opinion a bit of dust here and there adds character.

After eating at Rookery Hall several times and enjoying the food, our wedding breakfast food was faultless. On reflection Rookery Hall is a great venue for weddings and also weekend breaks.
The spa is fresh and also worth visiting.

I have happy memories of my stay at Rookery Hall and would love to visit again soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

What a wonderful review! I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments in relation to your recent wedding here at Rookery Hall. It is always extremely pleasing to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I found the Rookery Hall Hotel provided an excellent break with the staff providing first class sevice. I would like to mention in particular Earl ( Restaurant Manager) Dan and Holly who served in the restaurant and Josie who serviced the room.

Room Tip: My wife is disabled and uses a wheelchair so we used the room suitable for a disabled person which we found suited our needs perfectly
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rex R

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

It is always nice to receive great reviews from our guests. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having tried a few other hotels in the Hand Picked group, I decided to book a weekend at Rookery Hall as a treat for my wife and myself.

From the warm welcome we received when we arrived, right the way through to when we left after breakfast on the Sunday, we loved every moment of our Rookery Hall experience
Aside from the wonderful building and great views, our room was superbly comfortable, the food was great and the staff all made us feel so welcome that we really did not want to leave!

We have no hesitation at all in recommending Rookery Hall and look forward to coming back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimHaskell

Thank you for sharing your kind comments. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and will be sure to pass your feedback to the team who will be thrilled with your comments. I must also agree with your comments about the views of the Cheshire countryside which truly is spectacular.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.