“Relaxing break”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Scarborough, North Yorkshire
“Relaxing break”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have just returned from Rookery Hall Hotel where my Husband and myself stayed for two nights. We wanted to go somewhere to relax for a couple of nights and Rookery ticked the boxes. The setting for the hotel is in very picturesque countryside and although the weather was a little unkind during our stay you can see it is in an ideal location. We booked an Executive Deluxe room and it was very spacious and clean, the housekeeping staff do a tremendous job. The bed was comfortable and you even have a pillow menu to select pillows of your choice! All the staff were friendly, professional and welcoming. The food in the dining room was very good, served efficiently and with a smile.

All in all we had a wonderful 2 days - thank you Rookery Hall.

3 Thank Florarose
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I was delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. I do hope that you will take the opportunity to stay with again in the very near future.

Gwyn Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very impressive hotel but not clear where to park and how to get to reception. The reception staff where very friendly and helpful once we found it. The grounds are excellent, we were here for a wedding and it was a lovely day, so having the photographs taken outside was a bonus. The directions to the ceremony room were not clear and therefore some off us ended up wondering around aimlessly. The room was decorated beautifully for the reception, food good. However, some of the waiting on staff are very young and don't really know how to serve people properly - especially when pouring champagne. The bedrooms were excellent and spotless, had everything in you needed and more, ie a TV in the bathroom! The breakfast the next day was excellent. We really enjoyed our stay at Rookery Hall but the only thing that let it down was the bar prices. You expect to pay a little extra in a hotel, but these prices were extortionate - £10.50 for a glass of wine, £30 for a bottle of house wine and nothing special at that! I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We value our guest comments and they assist us in improving our standards and quality of service which we provide. I was delighted to read your feedback about the team and the quality of the food and accommodation.

We continually review our standards in order ensure that high standards are maintained at all times.

Gwyn Jones.
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very disappointed with my recent stay at Rookery Hall.

First impressions are good as you drive up to the hotel (all lit up at night) but then things go rapidly downhill. The general decor is tired and needs updating (dirt on skirting boards, carpets that are threadbare, lifts out of fawlty Towers etc), the staff are trying their best but are all young and lack (in my opinion) experienced leadership, rooms are ok but nothing special (my room had a plethora of light switches which did nothing and a bath where it was impossible to get anything other than hot water out of the tap, not to mention a number of curly hairs in the bathroom which weren't mine!!!!), food was average but expensive and all in all I wouldn't part with my own money to stay here.

Extremely disappointing!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rodders546
Thank you for registering your recent review on Trip Advisor.

It is disappointing to read a report such as this. We did not at the time or have not since received any complaint from a guest of a similar nature or in a similar vein and I remain perplexed that a guest who was 'unhappy' with so many things did not bring it to our attention either at that time or at a later date. We are always receptive to feedback about our product and service and we work tirelessly to make continuous improvements. To do this we always listen to honest and constructive comments from our guests and visitors even when it is uncomfortable to do so and I remain disappointed that you did not make these comments to us directly.

Once again thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies that on this occasion your experience had a negative impact on the overall enjoyment of your stay with us.

Sunny Cheshire
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed overnight following our nieces wedding which was also held at this venue. What can I say, stunning venue but we were blessed with the weather so could go outside, it would have been very cramped if we'd had to stay indoors. Rooms were just great, warm spacious and comfortable, best pillows I've ever slept on!!! Lovely fluffy towels, plenty of them and warm from the cosy bathroom radiator. Food was gorgeous, both at the wedding breakfast and Sunday morning breakfast, plentiful, varied and hot. Tea and coffee in abundance. Much has been mentioned about bar prices. We found the cost of beer and spirits very reasonable, but wine by the glass was pricey.

Spa was lovely, my grandson loved the pool.

Overall a fantastic weekend, thank you

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzybabe
Thank you for your review.

It was great to learn that you really enjoyed the whole experience, and you felt you received value for money. I shall be sure to pass all of your glowing comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

excellent food and superb service, even more amazing as it was part of a DB and B package

As an added bonus the room upgrade was very much appreciated as was the choice at breakfast

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you found the hotel to be very good. We continue to strive towards improving our standards and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gwyn Jones.
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Me and my friend went to a family Wedding reception here, the is beautiful and well maintained building and gardens. On arrival we weren't sure where to actually park and which block to go in, there didn't seem to be any information signs or directions for reception etc. We parked by the spa and walked following a line of people/guests. So we entered a door and found the function room and asked a member of staff where the Reception was, he just pointed to go to another block. So we asked another lady staff member and she took us to the Hotel Reception-6 of us all dressed in wedding attire not looking like hotel guests at 2pm! then we were abruptly and rudely told the wedding party was in another block again pointing in a direction. When we eventually found the wedding party drinks were laid out and staff were just stood around not being informative or offering drinks etc. I found the whole lay out of the wedding quite disorganized and staff very unhelpful and not customer focused, no smiles or eye contact. Drinks were expensive. The function room was set up really nice, food fine, food service was good but again no interaction with staff!
The evening disco/party was not as good as a lot of guests had to stand up all night as there wasn't enough chairs, food was served slow and gaps in between.
We had a peek at some of the guests rooms and found them very nice.
Over hall the venue is nice and picturesque its the direction boards that need to be more informative, the staff need training up on customer care.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Rookery Hall.

All feedback is really important to us and whilst we will bask in the glow of positive reviews, we add just as much importance to comments letting us know we did not do well. I am sorry that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been listened to and will be acted upon. I am confident that if you choose to stay with us again you will have a much more enjoyable stay.

Liverpool
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been to the spa at Rookery Hall a few times so knew that the spa facilities were of a good standard. Saw an offer on their website for a £150 Dinner, B&B & room upgrade (exec room) so decided to go for an overnight getaway.

On arrival we were greeted by Brian, who took our bags and showed us to reception. The reception area is lovely and really relaxed, free apples and newspapers for you to take. Check in nice and straightforward, and Brian booked us in for our dinner at the restaurant.

We were then shown to our room, which was an executive room and was absolutely lovely, possibly the best room we've ever stayed in. So many nice little touches that made it special. The room was done out beautifully, didn't feel like a standard identikit hotel room furnishings. Really comfy bed, flat screen TV with loads of channels, DVD player and massive selection of DVDs you can borrow.

There is a TV IN THE BATHROOM. Which was so cool it now makes me hate my bathroom at home because there is no TV in it. Also a funky 'experience' shower with different settings and jets. Very cool. Robes with the room which you can take to the spa. Good quality toiletries and complements tray, and the exec room had a mini-fridge with a bottle each of sparkling and still water.

Spa is lovely, there's a really nice hydrotherapy pool set away from the main pool which has reclining jacuzzi and massage jets. Sauna, steam room and decent sized pool, and lots of comfy loungers round the side of the pool area. They do have classes (e.g. aqua aerobics) there of a day though, so try to avoid those if you like your spa quiet! Also, if you fancy having a treatment while you're there (highly recommended) check the spa section of the website befor you go, as they usually have a discount on late availability treatments. The rasul is great for your skin (and a good giggle as you look like a sea monster with the mud on).

The brasserie in the spa is nice, and having had treatments here before I can highly recommend these!

We had our dinner in the hotel restaurant, which is really lovely (and quite fancy - wished I'd brought something other than trainers!!) and the food and service was wonderful. The food included on the offer was really good quality - I had wood pigeon for my starter (a first for me!), ribeye steak for main (supplement) and 'plate of chocolate' for pud, which was TO DIE FOR.

The room was nice and quiet and I slept like a baby in the big comfy bed. We ordered our breakfast to be brought to the room (you fill in the request on the door hanger) and it arrived dead on 8.30 when we asked for. I don't think that we were charged for this, but if they do charge I guess it would be the usual £3 tray charge, and it's worth it to chill out in the morning I think. They offer specialist foods on request such as gluten free bread, soya milk and diabetic jam - this was much appreciated as I could actually have toast! Breakfast was lovely as well, and there was a really good choice of items on there.

They also specifically invite you to continue to enjoy the spa facilities after you check out, which was really nice because we could have a nice chilled out morning and check out at 11 before having a last go in the spa before heading off.

Really couldn't fault the hotel on a single thing, can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Lovely, lovely place.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great if you can get one. I haven't stayed in a standard room, but I'm a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing some great feedback following your stay.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our spa and you found the dining experience to be “wonderful”. I was also delighted to read that the team looked after you well during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Gwyn Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,055 reviews
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!