“Absolutely lovely hotel. Spot on.”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Liverpool
“Absolutely lovely hotel. Spot on.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been to the spa at Rookery Hall a few times so knew that the spa facilities were of a good standard. Saw an offer on their website for a £150 Dinner, B&B & room upgrade (exec room) so decided to go for an overnight getaway.

On arrival we were greeted by Brian, who took our bags and showed us to reception. The reception area is lovely and really relaxed, free apples and newspapers for you to take. Check in nice and straightforward, and Brian booked us in for our dinner at the restaurant.

We were then shown to our room, which was an executive room and was absolutely lovely, possibly the best room we've ever stayed in. So many nice little touches that made it special. The room was done out beautifully, didn't feel like a standard identikit hotel room furnishings. Really comfy bed, flat screen TV with loads of channels, DVD player and massive selection of DVDs you can borrow.

There is a TV IN THE BATHROOM. Which was so cool it now makes me hate my bathroom at home because there is no TV in it. Also a funky 'experience' shower with different settings and jets. Very cool. Robes with the room which you can take to the spa. Good quality toiletries and complements tray, and the exec room had a mini-fridge with a bottle each of sparkling and still water.

Spa is lovely, there's a really nice hydrotherapy pool set away from the main pool which has reclining jacuzzi and massage jets. Sauna, steam room and decent sized pool, and lots of comfy loungers round the side of the pool area. They do have classes (e.g. aqua aerobics) there of a day though, so try to avoid those if you like your spa quiet! Also, if you fancy having a treatment while you're there (highly recommended) check the spa section of the website befor you go, as they usually have a discount on late availability treatments. The rasul is great for your skin (and a good giggle as you look like a sea monster with the mud on).

The brasserie in the spa is nice, and having had treatments here before I can highly recommend these!

We had our dinner in the hotel restaurant, which is really lovely (and quite fancy - wished I'd brought something other than trainers!!) and the food and service was wonderful. The food included on the offer was really good quality - I had wood pigeon for my starter (a first for me!), ribeye steak for main (supplement) and 'plate of chocolate' for pud, which was TO DIE FOR.

The room was nice and quiet and I slept like a baby in the big comfy bed. We ordered our breakfast to be brought to the room (you fill in the request on the door hanger) and it arrived dead on 8.30 when we asked for. I don't think that we were charged for this, but if they do charge I guess it would be the usual £3 tray charge, and it's worth it to chill out in the morning I think. They offer specialist foods on request such as gluten free bread, soya milk and diabetic jam - this was much appreciated as I could actually have toast! Breakfast was lovely as well, and there was a really good choice of items on there.

They also specifically invite you to continue to enjoy the spa facilities after you check out, which was really nice because we could have a nice chilled out morning and check out at 11 before having a last go in the spa before heading off.

Really couldn't fault the hotel on a single thing, can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Lovely, lovely place.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great if you can get one. I haven't stayed in a standard room, but I'm a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for providing some great feedback following your stay.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our spa and you found the dining experience to be “wonderful”. I was also delighted to read that the team looked after you well during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Gwyn Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Trentham, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in the Rookery hotel for the weekend in two rooms. (first time)
On arrival we were astounded of the grand building, with quick checking in (with complimentary apples), the kind staff guided us to the rooms. Being a family we were amazed about what was in the room; TV in bathroom, switch to open and close the curtains, and everything clean and tidy. Beds are extremely comfy, very swish, showers are brilliant and 42" TV worked well. no critisizem for the rooms. We then went to the pool and jacuzzi which was relaxing and still very clean. Lovely well kept gounds.

We stayed because of a family wedding, would recommend the facilities.

There is a but, we would have stayed longer or maybe come more regularly if it was'nt for the price, too much for us. Also food and drinks are massively expensive. But loved the experience.

Overall very different, but excellent stay, would recommend to anyone. A real treat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Matthew D
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a brief review of your recent stay with us at Rookery Hall. I was delighted to read that you had a fabulous time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Thanks again for your kind words.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We arrived at Rookery Hall to celebrate my fortieth birthday, just my wife and I who don't get away together, child free, ever. so we really wanted it to be special. We were not disappointed.
From the outset we were greeted by fantastic reception staff, happy polite and professional, who made the check in process a breeze. The room was perfect decor and cleanliness were top rate and we had a superb view. our food which included afternoon tea, evening meal, and breakfast in the morning was first class and the restaurant service matched this.
I had the best birthday I can remember (except the one where I got Eagle Eyes Action Man)
I did not want to leave!
Thankyou

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for lovely review following your stay at the Hotel, the teams are passionate about providing great service so I am genuinely delighted to read your comments and hear that you felt so welcome. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future. Not sure we can ever really beat the excitement of Eagle Eyes Action Man but good to know we came a close second.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was our second time at Rookery Hall. This time we treated our son and his girlfriend and we stayed for 1 night. The room was comfortable and very nicely furnished. The grounds are beautiful, especially on the lovely sunny day we were there. We love the oak dining room and the food is fantastic. The swimming pool/spa facilities are very good. Breakfast is cooked to order and could not be faulted. Thoroughly recommended for a relaxing break.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read what a great stay you had. I will ensure that the teams are made aware of your kind comments.

glasgow
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here in september for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it - could have stayed longer ! The staff are one of the hotel's greatest assets - everyone from reception to spa to restaurant to housekeeping were delightful - customer service at its best.

Had breakfast and dinner in the hotel each day and thoroughly enjoyed everything - all good quality ingredients cooked to perfection and presented beautifully.

Only slight criticism would be the afternoon tea - we just felt the sandwiches and cakes were less dainty than usual. However this is more personal taste and didnt detract from our enjoyment.

All in all, a beautiful hotel in a lovely part of the country. Can recommend a trip onto nantwich and at least one visit to snugburys ice cream farm is a must !

Would definitely return to this lovely hotel!:-)

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, and yeas a trip out to Snugburys is indeed a real treat. On behalf of myself and the entire team here at Rookery Hall and we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Best Wishes,

UK
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I/we only had one night in this beautiful hotel....sadly! It has a serenity about it which deserves to be enjoyed for longer! It is set in fabulous grounds in the middle of no-where! BLISS!
We had a superior room in the newer part of the hotel and it was gorgeous! Lots of space, a large bathroom with a large bath with a separate walk-in shower AND a television to watch whilst soaking in the bath.....indulgence indeed!
We ate in the fine dining restaurant and it was, indeed, fine dining! DELICIOUS dinner!
We had room service breakfast which was also delicious and beautifully presented!
All the staff were superb! We were met at reception by Brian and think EVERY hotel reception should have a Brian! Very welcoming, happy and amusing too!
There are Spa facilities here but we were not there long enough to enjoy them...next time perhaps! I can't wait to return!
All round this hotel provides well and it is no surprize that it is in the Handpicked group!

Room Tip: We booked the dinner, bed and breakfast package and paid up front....definitely worth doing!...the s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and all aspects of the hotel. On behalf of myself and the rest of the team at Rookery Hall, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Best Wishes,

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Me and my Mom have just returned from a 2 night stay at Rookery Hall. We had a wonderful time from start to finish. Lovely deluxe room with beautiful views across the countryside. Tile TV in bathroom was amazing and the shower was brilliant with 3 settings, very invigorating! Breakfast was fantastic; everything you could wish for. Fresh fruit, dried fruit, lovely fresh yoghurt, honey, freshly grated nutmeg, cereals, even a jug of fresh smoothie and a selection of local cheeses - the list goes on and then you had a large choice of cooked food, cooked to order. Fresh coffee and pastries. Delightful.

We spent a day in the spa. Good Aqua Aerobics class followed by a swim. The swimming pool is wonderful and there is a lovely hydro pool. Champagne lunch, which was delicious and then one and a half hours of bliss being pampered. The treatment we had included warm oil being poured on to arms and legs and then you were wrapped up and given a wonderful facial, neck and shoulder massage and indian head massage. It is the first treatment were I have felt fully relaxed and I am sure I fell asleep on several occasions! This heavenly treatment was followed by a manicure and nails being painted. We then chilled out in the relaxation room which was well stocked with a lovely selection of herbal and fruit teas or chilled water and cordial.

In the evening we had dinner in the restaurant in the hotel. Every course was a delight. For the main course, we both chose haddock, which was a very generous portion and very tasty and the lemon cheesecake to finish was divine! We were very full! The only downside is the price of the drinks. The cheapest bottle of wine was £23.00. I had a small brandy which cost £8.30!!

The bar area lacked ambience and I feel if the drinks weren't so ridiculously priced it may encourage a few more people to enjoy an after dinner drink in there, which would possibly make it a more inviting place.

We were very lucky as my Mom had won this stay in a competition (she did pay for us to stay an extra night) and it included the treatments, champagne lunch, accommodation and 3 course dinner.

All of the staff were very friendly and we felt very comfortable there. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept.

I would recommend a visit to Rookery Hotel and Spa!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay here at the Rookery Hall. You have highlighted the areas we really try and focus on especially a friendly team of staff offering great customer service.

I was very pleased to read you found the whole dining experience to be a delight and the spa to be wonderful and relaxing. As a hotel group we put a great deal of time and effort into the production of our wine lists and your feedback will be noted for future reference.

Very much and we look forward to your return visit.

Gwyn Jones.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
#1 of 1 in Broxton
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!