Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
$105
Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel(Nantwich)(Great Value!)
$96
Priceline
$77
$87
$72
Ibis Styles Crewe(Crewe)(Great Value!)
$59
$51
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Nantwich)
TripAdvisor
2,004 results
All reviewsexecutive roomafternoon teahandpicked hotelsrelaxation roomcream teahand picked hotelsbeautiful hotelwine listglass of champagnewedding partyevening mealsauna and steam rooma la carte menuspecial occasionseparate buildingwedding breakfasthuge bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a very enjoyable day away at this hotel. The leisure facilities were excellent and we enjoyed a couple of drinks in the leisure bar afterwards. In the evening we ate in the restaurant and although our meal was not cheap we both left our table saying what a totally fabulous meal that was ( The lemon Souffle was brilliant) so we were very happy. We found the Staff to be very helpful and we look forward to our next visit there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

I would very much like to thank you for your kind comments in relation to your visit to Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa. We are very proud of our hotel and passionately aim offer a fantastic experience for all our guests, and it is very rewarding when guests pass on their feedback which indicates that our efforts are being appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gwyn Jones.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having visted several "Hand Picked Hotels", and had very mixed experiences, I felt the need to write a review about this one. To begin the service was a terrible from the off, we were attending a wedding and traveling for 100 miles, we enquired prior to arrival about an earlt check-in, they were helpful but explained that I would have to call on the day befoe they say 100%. I called at 9:00 on the day of travel only to be told they still could confirm an earlt check-in and I would have to jusy "turn up and see". We arrived at the Hotel, there was one member off staff on reception, who appeared to be shuffling papers around on her desk. She kept us waiting for 20 minutes before we had to ask her if we could urgently check-in as we had a wedding on go to. It took her a further 15 minutes to find us a key. When we finally got to our room, it had been cleaned or prepared in anyway, it in fact still had the preivous guests things in it. When we did finally get to the wedding on our return, (we had handed the key back to reception so they could clean), they couldn't find our key, and it took them hunting around for more than 30 minutes before we could get in. We found all the staff extremely self absorbed and uninterested in the guests. All this I may be able to execpt from a budget hotel, but we paid £180 for one nights stay. I WILL NEVER stay in another Hand Picked Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dazzler1066
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you for posting a review. We do pride ourselves on our high standards of service at Rookery Hall and we are very pleased with the level of compliments we receive. I can only apologise if you have not enjoyed the same level of experience. I would always encourage you to advise us at the time of your stay if you had any concerns so that we can quickly put this right for you so you can still enjoy your time with us.

Perhaps you would like to discuss your is concerns with me personally on 01270 615611.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I booked into the hotel mid afternoon. enjoyed a relaxing swim in the 18m pool then lay on loungers by the side of the pool reading a great book.
The evening meal was fantastic and the selection of fine wines was excellent.
We stayed on a special package which included a glass of Champagne & Canapes before the meal and a £30 voucher against our wine choice.
The best part of the hotel is that you can book in early and enjoy the spa facilities and indeed you can stay after check out and again use the spa facilities.
There was a wedding on at the hotel on the day of our visit, however this does not effect your stay at all as the wedding party was situated in a seperate building. This sometimes put people off but be assured this is not the case at Rookery Hall.This is our 3rd visit and I sure we will be back again.

Room Tip: Join the handpicked loyalty scheme and get free upgrades to your room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a brief review of your recent stay with us at Rookery Hall. I was delighted to read that you had a fabulous time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Please ignore the bad reviews as some of them simply are not fair. To give this hotel a rating of less than 4 is just simply not conceivable. We got married here last July and came again in April this year, and no it is not cheap (particularly the drinks) but the quality of the food is as good as I've had at Michelin star restaurants.
The hotel does get a high volume of weddings due to the stunning nature of the venue, so if you are coming in the wedding season (at the weekends in particular) then don't expect to have an empty hotel. We came here as a wedding party and as guests (when weddings were on) and the service was excellent both times. If you are a hotel guest then the main part of the hotel is quieter at night, as the weddings are at the function hall on the far end of the building. Jane (the wedding coordinator) was AMAZING and couldn't do enough for us all day. We are at the age where we have been to many weddings over the last few years, and nobody has come close to how hard Jane worked for us.

Hotel
We stayed in both the old and the new part of the hotel, and loved both. The older part has more classical style rooms that fit with the original part of the hotel and the extended part of the hotel is more modern, with lovely quality rooms, showers, facilities (and even a tv in the bath). I think its very unfair for the earlier poster to comment on the newer part not matching the old part. I'm no building expert, but I imagine it is extremely hard to rebuild an extension to become an exact match, but the job they have done is very good in my humble opinion.

Grounds
The winding road coming up to the hotel gave my wife goosebumps as we drove into the hotel...it is stunning!! The grounds at the back our extensive and well kept. Our wedding photos were stunning as there is a pond, fountain, trees, old buildings etc. all which made great picures.

Food/drinks
Extremely good. Chef was very accommodating for our wedding breakfast and the food was stunning - everybody loved all 4 courses. The food that we ate on our weekend break was on a par with Michelin standard - as stated earlier. There is large selection of drinks but they are too expensive, and this would be the only area I think the hotel should take a look at. (Currently some drinks would be more expensive than some central London hotels and not reflective of the Central/North-West of England). It just encourages people to drink a lot less.
Breakfast is very high quality. You can go for the buffet or put your order outside your door the night before and it will be with you for the time asked. Did both - enjoyed both. If you get married there they do the breakfast buffet for your private wedding party in the function room - which was lovely.

Spa
Fantastic facilities in the Gym and the pool. The spa treatments are expensive, but everybody that was with us enjoyed them all. One of the nicest hotel spas I have seen all in all.

If I'm honest, it is not the sort of hotel you would go to regularly (unless you are very well off), but as a romantic treat / wedding I would highly recommend it to anybody who asked!!!

Room Tip: If you want a newer decor modern room, ask for the newer block. Executive rooms were a nice size. If you would like a more classical decor ask to go in the old block - which is also the quieter end of the hotel if there is a wedding etc. on.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay and wedding with us.

It is great to hear that the team worked so hard to make your day so special, we place a great deal of emphasis on recruiting the right people and developing these people to be ambassadors for our company

I have already passed on to the team your very kind comments about being attentive and providing great, friendly service because this is what we aim to provide for all of our guests and it is great for us that you keep coming back and indeed recommend the hotel to others.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rookery Hall in the very near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was treated by my husband for a night away at Rookery Hall on the Sunday Club deal. Was very excited as had great reviews from family who have stayed on a few occasions, but was disappointed with our experience. Checked in on Sunday at 3pm (which is their check in time) was busy (also a wedding on), but staff were accommodating and helpful and showed us to our room efficiently, we didn't mind waiting, room was lovely, had paid for the upgrade room, great views.

We had a booked the afternoon tea - but were left waiting in reception for a while before we were shown through to the restaurant area where they serve afternoon tea - on the way we where walked through a wedding party and then sat at a table right next to the door where the wedding party were next door, quite noisy, although they moved on fairly soon afterwards.

Dinner was lovely, we had upgraded to the full a la carte menu. Service was a little slow to take away plates in between courses, but all staff were polite and food was really good.

Breakfast was very disappointing, first of all we were told we would have to wait to see if there was a table available (considering we had booked Bed and breakfast, I found this odd, there was a table!), service was slow, items were missed from the order, then were substandard of expectation when arrived on request, no extra tea/coffee/juice was provided, even upon request. Though this was not just us, the couple behind where also having problems and left before some of their order had arrived.

I think some of the slow service over the weekend was due to the fact there was a wedding taking place, but I would expect that the hotel should still be able to provide a high standard to other residents.

We discussed our disappointments on check out and amendments were made to our bill to compensate. However there was also an error on the bill, for which we were charged for items that we should not have been, although this was refunded once the error had been recognised.

Perhaps my expectations were too high, but unfortunately overall, although a beautiful building with lovely rooms and good dinner, we were ultimately disappointed with the level of overall service and experience for the cost and will be unlikely to stay in the future.

1  Thank SLLChester

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay.

I was pleased to read your comments regarding the menu and reception staff, but very disappointed to learn of the problems you experienced at breakfast.

We do endeavor to ensure that every dining experience is a memorable and enjoyable one and sincerely apologise that this was not achieved on this occasion.

I have discussed your comments with the departmental managers, who in turn will discuss these issues with the hotel teams.