2,071 results
All reviewsexecutive roomafternoon teahandpicked hotelsrelaxation roomcream teahand picked hotelsbeautiful hotelnewer partglass of champagnewine listwedding partyevening mealsauna and steam rooma la carte menuseparate buildingspecial occasionwedding breakfast
Reviewed July 21, 2011

A relaxing night made extra special by the friendly efficient staff who made you feel welcome from arrival to departure. The Menu displayed varied choices with a definite twist on popular dishes. We would like to thank all the staff for a truly memorable evening. providing excellent cuisine with a chocolate dessert to die for!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Hello

Your review is valued and I thank you for it. I was especially pleased to read that it was the team at Rookery that really made your stay so memorable.

Superior service is something we all spend a lot of time trying to achieve.

Hope to see you again soon; I have passed your kind comments to the team especially the chef who does produce amazing dishes I agree.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Firstly i would just like to say that i did not stay at this hotel, merely accessed the spa for the day. An excellent spa facility, with a great pool and hydrotherapy pool, sauna ,wet room and a good Gym. Great facilities and you do feel you are in luxury surroundings. However, we did feel slightly stung when my Husband ordered 2 black coffee's at £3.50 each. We did feel this was very steep as havent paid this much for a black coffee in high end restaurants in London and there was no way we were paying £8.75 for a ham sandwich. All in all a very nice few hours spent but prices are far too steep for food and drink.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Hello,

Great to read your review and we are delighted you had a fabulous spa day. Having such a fantastic 5 bubble Good Spa Guide facility which is the highest in the North West is a real asset to the hotel. It really is an excellent facility.

Our pricing on food and drink is set by comparison to our national competative set and at a local level; I was disappointed that you felt it was excessive. The added value of hot beverages served with luxury homemade biscuits presented in sumptuous surrounds I hope offers a special unique experience.

Overall you clearly had a very nice day and we hope an experience you will repeat in the very near future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I booked a late date and apart from the paperwork not arriving prior to leaving home(postman! ) the whole experience was superb. From the friendly reception desk, to exclusive spa and treatments, which I was surprised being a bloke how relaxing they were, the tuned up gym, to the first class food. All very good, approachable and polite. We both came away wishing for more and looking for the next excuse to go again.

Room Tip: We had an executive suite, huge room huge bed didn`t hear our neighbours. The standard rooms looked great too.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Hello,

What a real pleasure it was for myself and the team here to read your stunning review!!!.

It was refreshing to read such balanced feedback and we are all thrilled we made your break so memorable. The team really do care about ensuring our guests have a smashing time and having superb spa facilities and treatments is a real high point for many of out guests.

The executive rooms with air conditioning, TV in the bath, flat screen TVs/DVDs in the bedrooms and multi function shower and seperate bath as well as a high specification of general appointment are worth the few pounds more i do agree.

We all cannot wait to welcome you back very soon,

VERY best wishes and sincere thanks

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Having previously stayed at Hand Picked's lovely Seoint Manor in Snowdonia and the fabulous Ettington Park Hotel, we were unfortunately a little disappointed with Rookery Hall. If you're looking for a spa break or slightly more extravagant business/conference venue then this is probably the perfect hotel for you. If however like us you fancied a few days at a nice hotel, with excellent food and service you may be disappointed. Hand Picked Hotels are known for their exceptional standards of customer service and food and unfortunately both were slightly lacking when we stayed; the food in particular was very disappointing. Would we stay at this hotel again....not through choice.

Room Tip: Probably best to book spa treatments in advance, I couldn't get through on the phone at all from my room!

Hello,

Thank you so much for feeding back after a short stay at Rookery.

I have to say i was very dissapointed to read that you felt let down by the standard of customer service and food both areas we strive hard indeed to excel at, however we failed with your break and for that i am deeply sorry for.

The team at the hotel will take all your comments on board and try to ensure that we deliver our vision of attentive natural quality service to all our guests not just the majority.

We cater for many types of events and I agree Rookery is the perfect hotel for a conference or a spa break or wedding reception, however we take our leisure break responsibilities equally as serious. I also agree with your tip about booking spa treatments early and also our fine dining experience as both are something that really should not be missed.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I bought 2 pints of beer and 2 glasses of the above wine total £27.50 open wallet surgery I think!!!!

Also well over priced snack food from the bar.

I don't mind paying for quality wine and food but this was taking the [--] a bit and the food was very average.

The rest was fine

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Hello

Thank you for your review and comments, and really pleased that you found your stay with us fine, however I note with interest your view on drinks prices and would like to say that one of the features of staying at Rookery Hall is the fine cuisine and exceptional wine list as noted by many previous reviewers. We do offer a wide selection of wines by the glass priced from £5.75 all served in elegant surroundings, with attentive table service and complemented with three quality nibbles, we believe this experience offers exceptional value for money however we are sorry you do not agree. The extensive lounge menu has been created to offer a variety of choice and to be sensibly priced compared to our competitors in the 4 Star, Country House Hotel market. I can be contacted on sfearnley@handpicked.co.uk ,Alternatively, if you prefer you to contact our Customer Services department, please email customerservices@handpicked.co.uk.