“The best place to stay in Nantwich, Cheshire!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
“The best place to stay in Nantwich, Cheshire!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I got married at the crown on Saturday in the fabulous ballroom and had the best day ever! Along with many of my guests including my in laws I stayed at the hotel for several days and I have to say our experience was first class! If you are looking for somewhere to stay with real character and charm this is your place. The staff also went above and beyond to make our weekend feel relaxed, fun and very special! The hotel is in a great central location for Nantwich ( 10 seconds from the main square), and is also perfect if you are planning to visit Chester, Shrewsbury, Manchester or Liverpool. And to top it off many of our wedding guests were blown away by the delicious food and very reasonable bar prices! A top top place to stay if you want to sample real Cheshire and to get married!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter room check with reception as they will be able to help you make the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff at the crown for making our wedding day a very special and relaxed day! A bigger thank you to Abbi for the organisation and for being there on the day :)

The minstrels ballroom is a beautiful room and a little "hidden gem" the speed at which these guys ( with Rob at the helm) can transform a room from ceremony to wedding breakfast to evening function with an amazing band is fantastic! !

All food was spot on from the beef dinner to the sausage and bacon baps and breakfast the next morning! 10/10

Bedrooms are lovely and clean and full of character.

We shall definitely continue to visit the crown. ..get the Shropshire gold ready! :))

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chellex75
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Nantwich, my favourite town. I lived in Nantwich many years ago and am now a frequent visitor. I decided to stay overnight a couple of weeks ago and as I've walked past the Crown many times but never ventured inside, I thought it was time to rectify that. Well, my curiosity has been satisfied and there's not much else I can say really. To be fair, I didn't have breakfast or dinner at the hotel, so I can't give a full review of the hotel's facilities. I stayed in room one. Clean, basic, good shower but very noisy extractor fan. The bed was warm and comfortable but there was no view out of the window. Not really a problem when only staying one night and luckily the weather was good so I spent a lot of time away from the hotel visiting friends and enjoying the town and surrounding countryside. I paid £63 for this single room for one night. Was it worth it? Not really. Would I stay again? Probably not.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Hedgemist
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Nice,clean hotel dating back to the 17 th century.The reason for the title is that I tend to go dizzy in places with uneven floors or subsidence.Although it's worth a visit and is nicely situated in the centre of town,the cooked breakfast was a real let down and definitely not worth the extra cost as breakfast is not included in the price.Just one thing ,I slipped on the carpet in the bedroom which had a slight slope ,thus making us late for breakfast .The waitress made us feel a nuisance even though I told her what had happened .When we came to leave I told the receptionist too who also fell on deaf ears.Four weeks later I'm still suffering with my back as I twisted it when I fell.

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing but might be noisier if there are things going on in the hotel,but easier I bel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Almeria, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

Lovely old Black & White timbered building in the heart of the town. Modern in decor inside and good seating at tables. Piano music played while we ate, which was enjoyable.
We all chose different meals from the menu and it was all good. My food was dropped on the kitchen floor and I had to wait while another portion was cooked again. Service rather hit and miss, but the food was delicious when it arrived.
Had a lovely time with friends not seen in 3 years.
I expected there would have been more people dining there. A sign of the times perhaps that people don´t have so much money for dining out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Shopping in Nantwich and we needed lunch, after alittle walk round, we picked the first pub, which was the crown.It was a few mins to twelve, but we managed to persuade the young lady behind the bar to take our order and we would wait for lunch. Actually, the service was very prompt; my pie was huge, in fact, it was like a bowl of braised beef and mushrooms with a little puff pastry pie crust looking lost on top of it......the chips were the biggest I have seen in a long time and beautifully cooked. I really enjoyed my meal, but sadly I couldn't finish it ( my partner did that for me). There was quite a strange happening though when we were trying to enjoy our food.....a lady was wandering round changing all the furniture round, muttering about the fact that someone had mixed the chairs up....maybe this should have been done when the pub was empty ?????

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan G
Scotlandwell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Living near to Nantwich for a number of years we had to find a hotel so that we were able to get to Nantwich Church for our granddaughters christening and we were happy to find out that the same family who I knew some years before were still the owners so my wife had already booked with them even though this was by pure coincidence. This 16th century hotel is a gem and has so many features that it keeps you guessing what happens next. Needless to say there is the obligatory ghost and the most warped stairs and floors that will make you giddy with all these unusual but admirable factors that make you never want to stay in another hotel. The staffs are so accommodating and friendly which makes it almost unique these days. There is a wonderful ballroom on the first floor that also has a minstrel’s balcony. Used for all sorts of functions it can accommodate a large number of people. The menus for breakfast are named to ensure that you want the correct menu. Even though it was very hot the days we visited the staff again stepped upo to the plate and in a couple of minutes a fan was brought to the room and was put on immediately so we had a cool room to get some sleep. Finding the way out of the hotel proved a little bit special as you had to go through what looked like a cupboard but was in fact the stairs down to the reception. I can’t tell you how pleasant the staffs are. Also in the hotel is an Italian restaurant that is fabulous with great service and very tasty food. Well worth a visit. There is a small arcade leading from the hotel that has a small number of shops that you can spend some money with. Parking is also available for residents at no extra cost though place are limited. A busy locals bar is also a great attraction with real ales and a good range of Lagers and bottled beers.

Room Tip: The rooms are all different though in summer it can be hot.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Crown_Hotel_CW55AS, Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear 'Brian Mair',
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review, we appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated all the charm and character that our beautiful building has to offer and you recognise that our staff offered excellent customer service, this is something we pride ourselves on and as a family business we always try to excel.
We hope you have an occasion to come and stay with us again so that you can enjoy more of our hospitality.
Kind regards,
Abbi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
The Cheshire Cat
#2 of 9 in Crewe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,046 reviews
BEST WESTERN Crewe Arms Hotel
Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!