The Crown Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$283
$274
Hotwire.com
$192
Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel(Nantwich)(Great Value!)
$95
$88
$64
$92
$76
Hotwire.com
$77
$94
Ibis Styles Crewe(Crewe)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsuneven floorsquirky hotelbar and grillinteresting buildingprivate parkinglovely old hotelshower curtainbirthday partyfunction roomwedding receptiontown centrecomfortable roomwedding venuefrom start to finishone night stayfriday nightcharacter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel has plenty of character as nowhere is straight or flat! Our room was clean. The staff were interested in what we were doing (walking the Llangollen canal) and breakfast had plenty of choice and good helpings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My second stay here - I use it for business and it makes an uplifting change from the soulless business chains. Not a single right angle in the building and lots of beams, uneven floors and out of square rooms. If you want a modern clinical hotel then don't stay here. If however you enjoy character then this typical cheshire Inn is an uplifting place to stay. To achieve high quality, modern boutique standards is probably very difficult when you're dealing with what looks like a 'wattle and daub' wall. But I love this type of building and accept the limitations impose by its age. I elected to dine in the bar which is very much a local's bar. I was made to feel very welcome with none of the 'we don't get many strangers in these parts' routine. I ordered a simple burger with chips. A dish so simple yet so often made a hash of - I thoroughly enjoyed it whilst listening to the pianist and reading my newspaper. There is also a restaurant for more formal dining that did look very inviting. I am tempted to bring my family here for a weekend break as it is quite close to Chester. It represented good value at £60.00 - More of a pub with rooms than a hotel so it may not suit families with small children. Ideal though for couples on a weekend break. If you're a tourist - Come and stay here to get the feel of a real English pub steeped in hundred's of years of history and an ideal base for visiting Chester. Also plenty of parking in public car parks at the rear with what appears to be limited on site parking.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Harold_Worth
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is definitely stuck in time. The whole place needs a good overhaul. I stayed in a twin room with bright pink walls throughout. All the furnishings where old and shabby. The bathroom smelt of damp and I couldn't get the radiators to work. Sound proofing appears to be non existent. Even the chair I sat on for breakfast was broken. I would definitely not stay there again until some money has been invested in the place. On a positive note the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank MTY2004
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Thank you Sue and all the Staff at The Crown for making my 50th Birthday Party on 20th April such a success. The room was beautiful and at the suggestion of Sue I decide on a very simple menu, served at the white linen dressed tables. I had 90 guests in total attending the party and I can honestly say I heard no negative comments whatsoever. The party food was absolutely delicious (many guests commented on this at the time) and the attention to detail on the night was brilliant. I was not aware that the serving of the food had been delayed due to three missing guests (Sue did not wish to worry me). The waitresses were unobtrusive and they just got on with their jobs brilliantly. Hurray - the drinks were reasonably priced and I was delighted that my guests were not being ripped off as is the case in many wedding venues. Yes - the hotel is old; old in history that is. None of the walls/floors etc. are level but that surely means character rather than bland, generic rooms! The hotel has been in the heart of Nantwich for centuries and for people wincing about the noise levels - we too heard those but realised that this is beyond the hotel's control! The hotel is situated on a pedestrianised street in the centre of Nantwich! Our bedroom was lovely all things considered and I understand that most rooms have been re-vamped or are in the process of being re-vamped. The only negative I can think of in this regard is that the bath towels are way too small - large, fluffy bath sheets are needed!!!!!!!!!! The breakfast was absolutely yum the following morning; individually cooked, on demand and hot too! All in all I had a fantastic birthday weekend with lots of happy memories. Thank you again for your kindness and attention to detail; it really was appreciated

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

From the front i so thought i had this right. I wish I had read previous reviews before staying here. Feel more annoyed with myself than them.

Room very poor and desperately needs updating. Noise not only from the main road outside but also from the room next door.

Staffs attitude was also very poor, I wasn't even certain the gentlemen I spoke to in the morning was a manager or the owner, but I voiced my opinion regarding the loose curtain rail in my room and he said its an old building. I have up at that point and paid. Didn't even attempt the restaurant. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013