“The best Pub in the village.”

The Lord Combermere
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lord Combermere is a family run pub and restaurant in the idyllic village of Audlem near Nantwich in Cheshire, a popular stop with tourists.We always offer good home cooked food, a full gluten free menu, traditional ales, lagers, cider and wines. Muddy boots and dogs welcome in the bar area and WiFi is available free of charge. For the summer months, we also have a large garden and patio area at the rear of the premises and a veranda with seating to the front where you can relax and watch the world go by.Our gluten free menu including favourites such as fish and chips, homemade cider battered onion rings, homemade chicken goujons and mouth watering desserts to name but a few.Quiz night every Tuesday and many special events throughout the year. In addition, we have free live music some Thursdays. Visit our website to find out more and to view our menu.
“The best Pub in the village.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

A good selection of real ales, quality food and friendly bar staff. What more could you ask for? Lunch time vist travelling on a narrow boat. Also dog friendly in the right hand bar.

Visited September 2013

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“great food and beer”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

food was really nice! also had a great beer selection and reasonable selection of other drinks. It is more expensive than other pubs but definitely has more of a restaurant style vibe so not such a problem. definitely worth a visit for both food and beer.

Wilmslow
“What a fantastic pub the Lord Combermere is”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

What a fantastic pub the Lord Combermere is. My wife and I had traveled from Wilmslow to visit the village of Audlem and by luck chose the Lord Combermere for our lunch. I say lucky because our whole dining experience was great from start to finish. The pub has a real welcoming feel to it and the standard of the food and service is top notch. We will visit again whenever we find ourselves any where near Audlem.

• Visited September 2013
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Casual lunch”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We dropped in to the Combermere as Tracey had been years ago and had good memories of it... We would have sat outside but as there was a beer festival with live music on we chose indoors instead (the beer garden tables had been moved into the car park for the music... not a problem).

The food and service was excellent (I had the daily special ploughmans which was very good indeed).

Highly recommend giving this place a go if you're in the area...

Midlands
“Not as per menu”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The outside menu inspired us to give the place a try. Has 2 Courses for £15 per head menu but 2 of the 4 starters were not available which started the early disappointment. Liked the look of the thai chicken curry with thai veg, and basamati rice, so decided to forget the starter and go for mains followed by dessert.
It came I queried with the waiter that I had the correct meal, as the halved lengthways single baby corn and the 4 mange tout were not what I expected. Neither was the solid clump of rice obviously shaped from a small dish. Im fond of sticky thai rice but this was hard lumps that were dry. Then there was the millimetre of pale sauce that lined the bottom of the pasta dish that it was served in. Not a sign of anything like lemongrass, pak choi etc. or something at least remotely flavorsome or curry tasting.. The waiter, clearly embarrassed, checked with the kitchen but came out even more embarrassed, saying that the chef assured that baby corn and mange tout were authentic thai veg. He grimaced nervously as he said it, knowing full well that the excuse was as lame as the meal. I did not bother to stay for the dessert as I like to know that what I get remotely resembles what the menu says I ordered. When I went to pay the waiter was still squirming, trying desperately to overcompensate. He said that the thai curry was one of the best dishes so he was pleased we had not ordered some of the other choices!
Gosh, I shudder to think.
Maybe I got them on a bad day, but dont think I will risk another go.

1 Thank MissDollyD