“Fantastic time, will definitely be returning”
Review of The Sandhurst

The Sandhurst
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Middlewich
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay here, the welcome from the staff was very warm and friendly, and the accomodation was very comfortable. We ate in the hotels "Hudsons Reastaurant" on the Saturday night, and both really enjoyed the food prepared for the set menu. The staff, in particular Rowena, were very helpful and accomodating with our food requirements. Overall we had a great time and were made to feel like we were visiting friends rather than staying in a hotel! I will be back in the area on business later in the year, and have already cancelled bookings in other hotels so that we can come and stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for The Sandhurst

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recently stayed here for a business trip- my room was comfortable and, most importantly, clean. I had a lovely dinner that evening in the Restaurant and the owner 'Rowena' was a very pleasant host. I found that the character-theme was quite fitting to the hotel style.
I felt at home; had a good night sleep and woke up to a filling english breakfast.
Well priced - Comfortable - Clean - Homely - All the things I look for in a place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, friendly, well positioned place to stay- This is probably it!
I was in the area for a family reunion and wanted a peaceful place to stay after hours of food and family banter.
It was very welcoming and comfortable; and the lovely (full english) breakfast was the perfect start to my long drive home.
I would definitely be staying here again for the next reunion!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Recently stayed at the Sandhurst hotel as it was close by for oulton park and looked lovely. The hotel has lots of character and room was very comfortable. Fab breakfast, served on time as we had to be off early to go to oulton park and hot. Couldn't fault the hotel & staff were helpful As expected. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2013

we stayed at the Sandhurst Hotel, in Middlewich, from 14th may-19th may. The hotel staff were very friendly and couldn`t do enough for us,we had a few early starts so the owner asked us if we wanted a couple of BLT`s as we were to early for breakfast, we had two lovely meal`s in the evening, which were very nice and the atmosphere was very relaxing. My husband is a very light sleeper, so we asked for a room at the back, which we got and it was very quite and peacful. It was a lovely stay, and we would definitly come back, it is also very near to Oulton Park which was ideal for us, and the Midddlewich is a nice place to stay in as well. Just another thing the hotel was spotless!!

Room Tip: back of hotel is nice and quiete
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I kind of knew what to expect because I had seen the photos on the website, but I was still taken aback at the wonderful Edwardian clothes and the warmth that pervades from all the staff. The food was good, the bed was comfortable (and I am very fussy) and I was encouraged to stay longer than I was going to in the morning, with coffee and biscuits included. I wasn't asked to pay until the morning!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed for one night towards the end of March. The staff, dressed in their Edwardian outfits, are all very pleasant and did aim to please. However there were various shortcomings (poor bed, lack of breakfast menu, need to order breakfast previous evening - even although I did not know what my appetite would be! as well as paying a premium for booking through 'laterooms' when such bookings normally provide a discount!). Sadly there was no one present with whom I could have a discussion. Following my visit I emailed the proprietors and was immediately contacted by phone to indicate her apology and readiness to address the issues. I hope they have all been addressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ArgyllTraveller007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlewich
Travelodge Middlewich
#1 of 1 in Sandbach
The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Travelodge Crewe Hotel

Been to The Sandhurst? Share your experiences!