“Best pub I've been in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kings Lock Inn

The Kings Lock Inn
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Middlewich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A traditional canal side watering hole, steeped in waterways culture and heritage. Boat shaped bar features no corporates but 6 local craft ales and 3 local craft lagers are made available alongside real ciders and perrys. The food is quite simply out of this world, locally sourced of course, contemporary interpretations of heritage cuisine using traditional methods. Chef Tom's fresh and loving preparation of all dishes reflects his passion for cooking and the satisfaction he gets from delivering more than is expected. Enjoy lively folk sessions in the bar and waterside entertainment in the summer, including the Middlewich Folk 'n' Boat Festival in June. Slow down, take a break and find a way to enjoy Dean's hospitality and The King's Lock Experience.
Northwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pub I've been in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I decided to eat in The Kings Lock on a saturday night after hearing great reviews from friends and I have to say it did not disappoint one bit. The main appearance of the pub is 1000% better than before, very clean, tidy and welcoming. A selection of real ales, flat ciders and locally brewed Freedom lager was excellent, it's nice not to see the regular 'Fosters' and 'Strongbow'. The staff are very friendly and professional, there was a young lad who served us our drinks and food and he was very polite and helpful and is a credit to the new landlord. Now onto the food - I decided to start with the black pudding scotch egg, which was to die for, I have never tasted anything so delicious. And for the main I had a perfectly cooked battered cod and three cooked chips which was absolutely amazing and I devoured every last bit. All of the meals were clearly made with fresh ingredients and cooked there and then. All of the meals were reasonably priced and for the quality of service and food we received, I would pay double the price of the current meals. The entire meal and experience at the NEW kings lock was excellent and I will definitely be back very soon to try the rest of the amazing menu.

I recommend this pub to everyone and I hope it is a great success. The Kings Lock is definitely one of the best pubs i've been in a long time.

1 Thank Dave S

Rhyl, United Kingdom
“New menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have eaten here twice in the last couple of weeks. Each time I couldn't mange to make it to the dessert course (a first for me!) The new menu is excellent with locally sourced ingredients and my particular favourite was the Cheese and Leek pie which was served chunky chips and greens in a delicious sauce. Will be back soon to work my way through the rest of the menu! Excellent service from the staff there too.

2 Thank Tinkerfield2014
“Imaginative menu-appearances can be deceptive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We ate here after a very long day on the canal & needed some comfort food-huge fish n chips & tasty burger delightfully served, great choice of beers & refreshingly realistic prices. Only wish we were local so I could sample other dishes as the menu was very imaginative but sadly we were too exhausted & hungry to do it justice. Millionaire's shortbread cheesecake was to die for! Staff eager to please even on a quiet Sunday evening so best of luck guys, with what should be a little gold mine of a pub.

1 Thank Sophiamadd
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly pub with gorgeous food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had a lovely lunch here today with my family. I had the steak burger which was beautifully presented with triple cooked chips, salad and a tasty homemade relish. It was obvious that everything we were eating had been freshly prepared. After lunch we sat in a very sunny beer garden and enjoyed watching the swans on the canal and the barges passing through the lock. The staff were friendly and I will definitely be back to sample more of the menu! Looking forward to visiting for some live music at the Folk and Boat festival next weekend.

1 Thank BillieJoTomo
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Quality food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stopped off while on long distance canal walk. So glad we did, friendly, helpful staff, great beers, including an extensive menu of craft beers,
What really impressed was the standard of food. Looking for snack lunch so opted for Black pudding and Brambly apple scotch egg with smoked bacon mayo. Execution of dish was perfect with yolk just set. Such a tasty dish for a mere £3.95. Go and try for yourself as prices for such quality will only go up. The new venture deserves every success.

• Visited May 2014