“The worst pub food EVER!!!”
Review of Verdin Arms - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We have just returned home from the Verdin Arms having had the worst possible meal. It was supposed to be a birthday celebration meal. The place itself is well decorated and clean.However the food is the worst I've ever had the pleasure of tasting in my life. Perhaps we should have realised something wouldn't be quite right when there was nobody else in the pub.

Having been given menu's we were informed that there were no fish dishes or anything with prawns in as they'd sold out, fair enough if they've sold out then that's understandable. I wonder how long ago they were sold out, because I very much doubt it was today.

Our order was 1x 16oz Sirlion Steak 1xLamb Shank & 1xChild's Chicken Goujon's

The meal was quick to arrive and this is where the fun begins. The meat was so fatty and old that all the juice had gone. I asked for it to be cooked rare as I prefer juicy meat than overcooked meat but the quality was shocking. The chips were inedible I'm not sure how old they were or how many times they'd been put back in the fryer but I've never had anything like it they were solid. "Jenga Chips" is a gimic for stacking chips on top of one another. "Pont Neuf" is the correct terminology for that practise. There were no mushrooms on my plate which were advertised as coming with the meal. When I asked where the mushrooms were I was informed they'd run out. To which I replied when didn't somebody just go to the local Tesco and buy some more?
My wife's meal was the lamb shank, if I'm not mistaken this was from Aldi boil in the bag. I know because my wife works for Aldi and we've had them at home. I certainly don't expect to be paying £11:95 for one. My daughters chicken was good, apart from her "Jenga Chips" which were just as bad as mine. I even knocked them on the plate when the waitress came over to show my point of how hard they were. My daughter is 2 and she couldn't get her teeth through them.

Thankfully I was given a full refund for all of the items I ordered and my drinks. I have been very lucky to have traveled the world extensively through work and I have to say I have never ever had a meal that was as poor as the one served up at the Verdin Arms.

Please DO NOT go to this pub and eat, you will be disappointed and please don't sit there in silence if your food is bad, open your mouth and complain....it might be the only way the message will ever get through.

A birthday meal ruined.....We shall never return here and I urge any readers to think before going here.

O

2  Thank Stick-A-Five

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Only live down the road and have eaten there many times. We had a horrible night, poor food and service. My husband was even sick in the night.
When we complained it tool the manager 3 weeks to get back to me and then the manager had the cheek to say we were only complaining to get a refund.
She should not be in management.

1  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Excelllent food, great service, value for money. the staff are extremely attentive and helpful. The rooms are tastefully done and offer all the amenities a traveller needs to make them feel at home from good toiletries to complimentary drinks, tea, coffee, and mineral waters. Would recommend them to anyone. No complaints about anything except they were booked and couldn't accommodate me for the entire week.

2  Thank superiorlady
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Fast service by lovely staff, good food ...
One of the nicest burgers I have tasted for a long time.

2  Thank tdbatbf
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Having just booked a quaint wedding reception there we went to sample the food and what can i say Excellent ,extra special staff and fantastic chef.The food was of such high standard we were very impressed and will be making more regular visits.

3  Thank clairet222