“Great”

Boars Head Hotel
Boars Head Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Middlewich B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Friendly staff.. Great old pub atmosphere downstairs.. Clean comfortable spacious room upstairs. Spent 2 nights relaxing after canal boat trip. Took 1 point off because someone nearby was smoking all night probably wasn't suppose to be.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Boars Head Hotel

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My partner and I, with our two dogs, stayed four nights at the Boars Head recently. We loved the large, well-equipped room, slept really well and indulged in wonderful, cooked breakfasts that kept us going all day long. We were able to take the dogs into the bar with us for evening meals and they serve the best value bottles of wine in town!! All the staff were friendly and helpful and I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend this as a great place to stop. I certainly hope we`ll be back in the future.

Room Tip: We were allocated Room 8 on the ground floor, right at the back of the pub. This is actually a lovel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overall very happy with our stay here. The pub downstairs is frequented by a friendly bunch of regulars, we stayed on a Saturday night and it can get a bit busy during peak hours.

As for the room itself, it was clean and modern, as was the bathroom and the bed was exceptionally comfy (trust me I've slept in some beds during my time!!)

The landlady was very accommodating and let us stay past our check out time (as well as flexibility with breakfast times etc). If there was anything we needed we only had to ask.

Admittedly we didn't end up going to bed until 3 / 4am but there was no issue with the noise as far as I could tell, and I'm a very light sleeper.

Will definitely stay in this hotel.again in the future

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The room itself was very average, but the noise from the pub itself was horrendous, and went on till after 1am, when we packed up and left. The landlady tried to apologize but seemed quite confused as to why we were leaving. They were quite obviously having an illegal lock in as all the people still there were packed into one part of the pub and the blinds were closed with the lights off. Go to a Travelodge instead

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am writing in behalf my elderly parents who were unfortunate to have stayed recently.

The problem was noise - a karyoke until 11.30, More noise from drinkers until 12.30 and futher noise from clearing up until 2.30am. They were then woken by lorries pasing close to their room at about 5.30 am. Apperently so loud it made the windows shake.

I find it amazing that there have not been many more complaints of noise especially as my father is quite deaf and my mother 's hearing isn't too great. I can only assume that the room in question is not used very often or that similar comments have been deleted.

Room Tip: Don't get the side room close to a lorry park.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David K
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We arrived at the Boars Head hotel for a family wedding reception and we welcomed by very friendly staff who couldn't do enough to be accomodating enough to everyones needs. The staff were on hand for everyones needs no matter how minor and every guest was treated with respect and kindness. The food was excellent quality and it was served piping hot and every wedding guest was served quickly and efficiently. I would highly recommend this hotel whether it be for a function or a drink at a friendly family run bar or a stay at a warm and welcoming bed and breakfast with very comfortable on suite bedrooms and top class service and food then I could only recommend the Boars Head.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2012

very friendly staff and patrons.
excelent breakfast and good choice of food and drink,
central location and easy access to major routes,
a good place to stay if you are working in the area (as i was) or
if you are looking to make use the Canal network wich runs through the town

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlewich
The Sandhurst
#2 of 5 in Middlewich
Hopley House
Hopley House
#1 of 5 in Middlewich

Been to Boars Head Hotel? Share your experiences!